• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad for 2008/09 Season

pjennings

My tuppence for next years squad. I'm keen for Lawrie to continue lowering the average age of the squad with a eye to the future.

On top of the guys we already have I'd re-sign these guys if possible

Danny Vukovic
Andrew Redmayne
Andrew Clark
Matthew Osman
Ian McAndrew
Mile Jedinak
Tom Pondeljak
Greg Owens
Matt Simon
Nik Mrdja
John Aloisi

release these guys

Damien Brown
Tony Vidmar
Bradley Porter
Andre Gumprecht

and look to bring in

Young Leftback
Peter Cvetanovski
Adrian Caceres
Kaz Patafta
Milos Lujic

That we leave a squad of

Matthew Trott
Danny Vukovic
Andrew Redmayne
Dean Heffernan
Young Leftback  TBA
Paul O'Grady
Nigel Boogaard
Peter Cvetanovski
Alex Wilkinson
Andrew Clark
Matthew Osman
John Hutchinson
Ian McAndrew
Mile Jedinak
Adam Kwasnik
Adrian Caceres
Kaz Patafta
Tom Pondeljak
Greg Owens
Matt Simon
Nik Mrdja
Sasho Petrovski
John Aloisi
Milos Lujic

Average age of the squad would be around 25 and form a solid base going forward.

fish

Caceres would be a handy pick up.I think hes been well under utilised at melbourne, and can score the odd bomb.
Ceccoli would be a good retainer, it would allow Heff to push forward to the wide left role and not have the defensive role, we all rate Heffs speed and its something weve lacked on the left since Kwas was there earlier on.
Isnt Patafta on a loan from Benfica?? and thus we would have to pay for him??

Tassiemariner

Who the hell are Peter Cvetanovski and Milos Lujic??

Patafta is on loan to benfica so we would either have to get him on loan or pay for him. I'm not sure what his role at the club is as Freedy Adu is there current Attacking midfielder.

pjennings

Foriegnmariner said:
Who the hell are Peter Cvetanovski and Milos Lujic??

Patafta is on loan to benfica so we would either have to get him on loan or pay for him. I'm not sure what his role at the club is as Freedy Adu is there current Attacking midfielder.

My squad was based on full recoveries by Heff, Matt ) and Nik. If that happens and we resign who we want I want to take a couple of chances on some younger guys.

Get Patafta on loan - I think his deal with Melbourne end this year.

Peter and Milos are young guys (around 18-19) that a mate of mine has spotted. Peter is a CB and Milos a striker. I trust my mate but haven't seen them myself though I have read some good reports.  The point is that if we resign who we want to we can take some chances with these two.

Andy

englishmariner14 said:
Top man, you've been a big help!!
My friend has decided to become a scum fan (for some banter between us) why do they call us gypsies?
Do you follow the english premiership much? if so which team do you support?
My mum has bought me CCM shirt, cant wait to start wearing it!

That's a good question.

It's strange how a lot of other teams call them the gypsies and they're the only ones that say it about us.

tyson

we DEFINITELY need tommy p, owens and mile jedinak and hutch. apparently the club wants to offer hutch and jedinak to keep them. i read it in the paper a while ago, so im assuming the club wants them as much as i do. we also need aloisi and matty simon. aloisi is a class above the rest and we havent seen the best of matty yet.

i dunno about danny going overseas just yet. superstar here... or sit on the bench for years off shore? i reckon hes better making a name of himself here, to give him a better chance when he gets over seas.

Sean

Andy said:
englishmariner14 said:
Top man, you've been a big help!!
My friend has decided to become a scum fan (for some banter between us) why do they call us gypsies?
Do you follow the english premiership much? if so which team do you support?
My mum has bought me CCM shirt, cant wait to start wearing it!

That's a good question.

It's strange how a lot of other teams call them the gypsies and they're the only ones that say it about us.

I have questioned some scum before and I have been told that our fans are wandering people from Sydney and Newcastle who make up the Marinators. total BS for mine, as i think its just a cheap ripoff off BORAT how he has a deep hatred for gypsies. If so thats f**king pathetic as Borat was released a while ago now and people who still say "very nice" in that voice are lame.

Rowdy

Yeah! and...and....it's them who'av wheel's on they're houses that go round & round, round &round  :piano:

NOT US!

P

Pete

englishmariner14 said:
Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Who is the scum's most dangerous player, who we'll have to keep in check then?

Jardel
Spencer

(more sarcasm)

Atomic

englishmariner14 said:

Joel Griffiths

(no sarcasm)

dibo

Atomic said:
englishmariner14 said:

Joel Griffiths

(no sarcasm)

...That's why I recommend:

CROWBAR.JPG

[size=16pt]C*NTBAR![/size]

[size=12pt]Do you have a f**kface infestation in your stadium?

Are there complete and utter pricks diving, cheating and assaulting match officials? [/size]

[size=16pt]You need the patented C*NTBAR![/size]

[size=12pt]Guaranteed to smash complete c*nts into the terraces with the greatest of ease.

21 inches of aircraft quality titanium means you won't have to worry about irksome infestations any longer.[/size]

[size=16pt]C*NTBAR - you know you want one.[/size]

dibo

Newieutd said:
You could use that on Petrovski the diving little wh0re :p

he's our diving little whore, and you'd be well advised to leave him alone. he's become well-loved in these parts.

There's only one Sash Petrovski,
One Sash Petrovski,
He used to be shite,
But now he's alright,
Walking in Petrovski wonderland...

...not to mention he's never sackpunched an official and got off scot free...

Newieutd

dibo said:
Newieutd said:

he's our diving little whore, and you'd be well advised to leave him alone. he's become well-loved in these parts.

There's only one Sash Petrovski,
One Sash Petrovski,
He used to be shite,
But now he's alright,
Walking in Petrovski wonderland...

...not to mention he's never sackpunched an official and got off scot free...

I used to like him, when he played for the Wollongong Wolves.

Petrovski, Reid, Chippers, Poglicomi.

Thems the days

Bear

Newieutd said:

Sash falls over. You must be getting him confused with Hutch in the diving department

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred