• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad for 2008/09 Season

dibo

Bearinator said:
Newieutd said:
You could use that on Petrovski the diving little wh0re :p

Sash falls over. You must be getting him confused with Hutch in the diving department

hutch doesn't dive, he's just really good at getting people to foul him. like *really* good. you watch - it's all about him using his shoulder and arse to get in a position that the other player didn't expect a second ago and then all of a sudden the other player knocks him over. it happens time and again and you'd think the other player would see it about to happen but they seem to fall for it time and again.

he doesn't just defend the ball either, he uses it to win the ball too. got colosimo a few beauties the last time they were in perth - simply ducked inside him, nicked the ball, got pushed over, free kick. it was almost comedic in its inevitability each time.

Deej

Hutch positions himself superbly and gets his body between his opponent and the ball so often, hense a tackle from behind and free kick won................the difference in his play from last year especially is 110% better......credit to him!

Sash isn't a diver like Griffo Newie....come on now....the 1 thing I hate about Sasho (and Jaza will agree here) are his moments of madness when he'll tackle a player from behind in the oppsition half and get booked, then have a look of astonishment on his face as to why he got booked!  Half his yellow cards (if not all almost) have been absolutely stupid!

Newieutd

DJ said:
Hutch positions himself superbly and gets his body between his opponent and the ball so often, hense a tackle from behind and free kick won................the difference in his play from last year especially is 110% better......credit to him!

Sash isn't a diver like Griffo Newie....come on now....the 1 thing I hate about Sasho (and Jaza will agree here) are his moments of madness when he'll tackle a player from behind in the oppsition half and get booked, then have a look of astonishment on his face as to why he got booked!  Half his yellow cards (if not all almost) have been absolutely stupid!

Griffiths is similar to hutchinson (in a way), i dont think either dives an abnormal amount of time

Hutchinson superior positioning = people fouling him
Griffiths superior speed = people fouling him

Where as Petrovski actually attempts to dive.

edit: in saying that Petrovski doesnt go close to Daniel. My god the amount of times his ankles/knees fail him and he falls over is amazing

dibo

Newieutd said:
Griffiths superior speed = people fouling him

i don't buy the petrovski diving thing, he keeps his feet under all sorts of tugging and pushing. if he gets kicked he'll go down. no crime there.

and i'll grant you that griffiths is actually fouled a fair bit, but what he also does is the old harry kewell trick - run at a man, jink the ball away, trail a leg and fall over (or just fall over anyway). he'd be better off in near enough to 100% of cases keeping his feet, but he seems to want to go to ground.

*that's* what annoys me so much (though the fact he's on his arse rather than one on one with danny isn't so bad), oh and that f**king whingy little bitch face he gets all the time that makes me want to hit it with a brick.

Andy

Perth Glory are looking at the possibility of signing Nik Mrdja if he's fit, however Nik wants to stay here and show us what he can do.

[size=14pt]Glory coach keeps Mrdja in mind for next season[/size]

Perth Glory coach David Mitchell will consider trying to lure Central Coast striker Nik Mrdja back to WA to be part of a revamped attacking line-up next season.

Mrdja has conceded he has one last chance to resurrect his career after two operations to mend a debilitating knee problem.

Mitchell said he would be prepared to make a bid for the 29-year-old if he proved he had recovered from his injury troubles.

The scorer of Glorys winning goal in the final National Soccer League grand final in 2004 went under the knife for a second time in November last year and only time will tell if the operation has been a success.

Even though Im not a Perth guy, I think its important that the club identifies with Perth talent, Scottish-born Mitchell said yesterday.

If Nik Mrdja is fit and healthy and available, then Id certainly be interested.

Mrdja, who is coming to the end of his three-year deal with Central Coast Mariners, admitted he faced the sporting scrapheap if his right knee failed to hold up after the latest bout of surgery.

But he said yesterday the signs were good and his Sydney surgeon had indicated he would be ready to tackle the next A-League season.

It feels good. Ive just got to give it a good four months before I start pushing it, Mrdja said.

I cant take any risks because if it goes again theres a good chance I wont be able to play any more.

Mrdjas switch to Central Coast, after a season in Sweden with AIK Solna, paid instant dividends when he scored six goals in four pre-season appearances before injuring the knee in the pre-season cup final.

As a result, he missed the inaugural A-League season and after making his debut midway through the 2006-07 season, he limped out of action again.

His three appearances for Central Coast this season earned him a first Socceroos call-up.

He came off the bench for the final eight minutes of Australias 1-0 loss to a star-studded Argentina at the Melbourne Cricket Ground before he was injured again.

Although Mrdja would not rule out a return to Perth, he was keen to stay on the Central Coast.

I want to stay and show the people there what I can do, Mrdja said.

Thats what Ive been gutted about. If my knee doesnt hold up and I cant play again, Ill be devastated.

In 73 NSL appearances for Glory, Mrdja scored 25 goals, the most important a thumping extra-time strike that killed off Parramatta Power in the 2004 grand final.

Sean

Andy said:
Perth Glory are looking at the possibility of signing Nik Mrdja if he's fit, however Nik wants to stay here and show us what he can do.

[size=14pt]Glory coach keeps Mrdja in mind for next season[/size]

Perth Glory coach David Mitchell will consider trying to lure Central Coast striker Nik Mrdja back to WA to be part of a revamped attacking line-up next season.

Mrdja has conceded he has one last chance to resurrect his career after two operations to mend a debilitating knee problem.

Mitchell said he would be prepared to make a bid for the 29-year-old if he proved he had recovered from his injury troubles.

The scorer of Glorys winning goal in the final National Soccer League grand final in 2004 went under the knife for a second time in November last year and only time will tell if the operation has been a success.

Even though Im not a Perth guy, I think its important that the club identifies with Perth talent, Scottish-born Mitchell said yesterday.

If Nik Mrdja is fit and healthy and available, then Id certainly be interested.

Mrdja, who is coming to the end of his three-year deal with Central Coast Mariners, admitted he faced the sporting scrapheap if his right knee failed to hold up after the latest bout of surgery.

But he said yesterday the signs were good and his Sydney surgeon had indicated he would be ready to tackle the next A-League season.

It feels good. Ive just got to give it a good four months before I start pushing it, Mrdja said.

I cant take any risks because if it goes again theres a good chance I wont be able to play any more.

Mrdjas switch to Central Coast, after a season in Sweden with AIK Solna, paid instant dividends when he scored six goals in four pre-season appearances before injuring the knee in the pre-season cup final.

As a result, he missed the inaugural A-League season and after making his debut midway through the 2006-07 season, he limped out of action again.

His three appearances for Central Coast this season earned him a first Socceroos call-up.

He came off the bench for the final eight minutes of Australias 1-0 loss to a star-studded Argentina at the Melbourne Cricket Ground before he was injured again.

Although Mrdja would not rule out a return to Perth, he was keen to stay on the Central Coast.

I want to stay and show the people there what I can do, Mrdja said.

Thats what Ive been gutted about. If my knee doesnt hold up and I cant play again, Ill be devastated.

In 73 NSL appearances for Glory, Mrdja scored 25 goals, the most important a thumping extra-time strike that killed off Parramatta Power in the 2004 grand final.

Good attitude IMHO. I have my confidence in him if he has his heart set on what he has said.

FFC Mariner

Griffiths is similar to hutchinson (in a way), i dont think either dives an abnormal amount of time

No, they are not at all similar, 1 is a c**t who likes to touch the crotch of male officials and 1 is a normal footballer who people actually like.

edit: in saying that Petrovski doesnt go close to Daniel. My god the amount of times his ankles/knees fail him and he falls over is amazing

[/quote]

tyson

oi brett. imagine if mrdja plays for lightning. haha. if matty simon can carve up super league, imagine mrdja. earlier this season when he was playing, i considered him to be the most dangerous striker in the league with the likes of archie and griffiths.

dibo

tyson said:
oi brett. imagine if mrdja plays for lightning. haha. if matty simon can carve up super league, imagine mrdja. earlier this season when he was playing, i considered him to be the most dangerous striker in the league with the likes of archie and griffiths.

i think more dangerous, because he's f**king big, to go with fast and predatory. at the lower NSWSL level keepers wont even like to take shots on the chest because it'll knock some stuffing out of them, defenders will get f**ked on regularly - one touch and whoosh.

for building up his touch and confidence i can't think of anything better, and he's got the class to make it at HAL level as we all know.

tyson

i think it will be exciting. hes exciting to watch, in HAL with better defenders.
i would literally run all over the field to avoid him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred