• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

JoyfulPenguin

I’d have to Google it. I appreciate that MC’s the boss, but I really hope the concern with added costs would be outweighed by the glory of winning.
This was the quote from the club the last time we competed in the ACL:
"Central Coast Mariners are not looking to pull out of the 2014 AFC Champions League. However Club Owner, Mr Mike Charlesworth, has made an approach to Football Federation Australia to assist the Club in minimising the potential financial burdens that could be placed on the Club by competing in the competition," A club spokesman said.

"Central Coast Mariners have a rich tradition in the AFC Champions League, and the Club as whole views participating against Asia's elite as an honour."

Masterfood Quality Sauce:

Avoca

This was the quote from the club the last time we competed in the ACL:
"Central Coast Mariners are not looking to pull out of the 2014 AFC Champions League. However Club Owner, Mr Mike Charlesworth, has made an approach to Football Federation Australia to assist the Club in minimising the potential financial burdens that could be placed on the Club by competing in the competition," A club spokesman said.

"Central Coast Mariners have a rich tradition in the AFC Champions League, and the Club as whole views participating against Asia's elite as an honour."

Masterfood Quality Sauce:
Cheers. I can only assume our budget is even more restricted now.

turbo

The ACL has some fundamental financial issues that need to be sorted out from the top. You don’t have the draw of the top euro clubs coming to town and filling stadiums to deliver a financial windfall just for qualifying - it’s the opposite you practically have to win it to get any money back.

Coastalraider

If they play in a bubble again that may help costs
Current plans for this years 'non bubble' are costing teams a bomb. Its my understanding that because the host country wont create a bubble, the teams have to finance not only all of their own health concern and system while in country, but they also get put back into the domestic quarantine system at the expense of the club. The previous ACL was the opposite, with a bubble created in country, and teh teams able to quarantine outside of the normal system on return with training allowances etc, at the expense of the tournament.

Insertnamehere

Speaking to a work colleague yesterday who has responsibilities and reports in Japan. She has had to do the job remotely the past six months since her promotion.

She said ninety percent of Japanese don’t want the games to go ahead but don’t want to move to cancel it because of honour. They’re hoping the IOC will make the decision for them but they won’t because of dollars.

The Covid situation is really bad there at the moment, hospitals are full and people are dying because they don’t have access to beds and healthcare., especially if they are a public patient.

Anyway, from my understanding there will be three Mariners players picked for the squad. Rowles and De Silva will be certainties therefore the third will have to be either Bouman, Nisbet or Kuol.

My pick is Nizzy.
Isn't Kye or DDS like 3 days too old to go unless they go as an overage player?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred