• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Tevor

So in Staj’s interview he says we have two international transfers? Kuol and who? Am I missing something or has Staj let one slip early?

turbo

With Roun but the club won’t commit to players for that long with the money problems which is a massive problem because we have invested so much into Kye and to see him leave over the next couple of years would be painful
Kye is almost certain to go to the Olympics and probably gets minutes on that global stage. It would be short sighted not to have him contracted for at least 2 more years to command a fee if clubs start sniffing around.

marinermick

I still think the Olympics could get canned - keeps Kye hidden for a bit longer :)

Speaking to a work colleague yesterday who has responsibilities and reports in Japan. She has had to do the job remotely the past six months since her promotion.

She said ninety percent of Japanese don’t want the games to go ahead but don’t want to move to cancel it because of honour. They’re hoping the IOC will make the decision for them but they won’t because of dollars.

The Covid situation is really bad there at the moment, hospitals are full and people are dying because they don’t have access to beds and healthcare., especially if they are a public patient.

Anyway, from my understanding there will be three Mariners players picked for the squad. Rowles and De Silva will be certainties therefore the third will have to be either Bouman, Nisbet or Kuol.

My pick is Nizzy.

Big Al

Kye is almost certain to go to the Olympics and probably gets minutes on that global stage. It would be short sighted not to have him contracted for at least 2 more years to command a fee if clubs start sniffing around.
Agreed. Even away from teams like Victory.
I remember on the pod the guy in charge was happy with one year deals as it kept everyone hungry.
That’s some stupid stuff when you have young talent like ours that are now proven.

I also think money plays a huge part and MC doesn’t want a wage commitment past each season

turbo

Bouman has been in the squad before though but Nis is very much and Arnie type player
I think selection will hinge on depth and versatility- taking a player like Aiden ONeil gives you options in the middle or back line. DAgostino can play in an attacking mid or striker role.

Nisbet can play centrally or wide but is only a mid option. Bouman more of a forward but can play wide if we need him to.

IMO with the amount of breakout seasons we’ve seen being an incumbent player doesn’t hold the weight it did 18 months ago

pjennings

Agreed. Even away from teams like Victory.
I remember on the pod the guy in charge was happy with one year deals as it kept everyone hungry.
That’s some stupid stuff when you have young talent like ours that are now proven.

I also think money plays a huge part and MC doesn’t want a wage commitment past each season
On the same pod Ken said they were going to start upgrading from the following Monday after the ???? game, which had always been the plan. Let's hope that happened.

Ozhammer

On the same pod Ken said they were going to start upgrading from the following Monday after the ???? game, which had always been the plan. Let's hope that happened.
I get the impression Ken is a pretty focused and straight-talking guy, so just the sort of person we need as TD.

I also believe he is a big part of why the club is on an upward trajectory once again, so we need him to keep doing what he is doing.

Forum Phoenix

I get the impression Ken is a pretty focused and straight-talking guy, so just the sort of person we need as TD.

I also believe he is a big part of why the club is on an upward trajectory once again, so we need him to keep doing what he is doing.
Very much got this sense too. Clearly very lucky to have him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred