• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

turbo

With DeSilva probably gone next season i wonder if anyone has been in talks with Amini. I know he is coming back from injury but when fit would be a good replacement. I do suspect we might see him at WSW next season if he can't get back overseas
Losing DDS arguably makes it a bit easier to build for the setup we want if it’s not 4-2-2-2. He struggled when asked to play the 10 role and be the primary creative outlet but also isn’t really a wing like Noone or Goodwin. He’s a quality player but not that easy to fit in a way that gets the most out of him.

If we retain a DM pairing of Oli and Stensness we have options to build around them in a variety of ways.

Ironbark

I have loved DDS this year but he's only effective when he's on 100%.

He can be replaced - although based on conditioning from the last 7 years I don't think we will replace his quality at all

Ancient Mariner

Call me a cynic but I have a suspicion that DDS has been putting in this year, the last year of his contract, to gain a new one.
It then seems to me that as soon as he gets this he is out with a toe injury. Hmmm.
I remember the spat he had to get away because he insisted that he signed so he could play under Okon.

Ancient Mariner

I have been thinking about other players we were disappointed to lose over the last few years to other A-League clubs and the upsets it caused each time. I cannot truly think of any that I would really like back.
Wales, Millar, Aspro, Ziggy, TBT? Who have I forgotten?

Ancient Mariner

With signings, re-signings and rumours being announced I thought it was time to think ahead.

This is the latest list I can find of players signed on for next season (thanks to @pjennings):

2022 - (4)

Bozanic
Miller
Nisbet
Stensness

A good start and hopefully a few more are re-signed and pending announcement, most important from the current squad imo are:
Birra
Ruon
Rowles
DDS
Urena

Plenty of others on the current list I'd keep on too, but what are we in most need of?

Our fullbacks have been serviceable this year but I'd love to see at least one signing to improve this position and we definitely need a starting striker and a back up.

Would you take Murray back, see how he goes with better service? Buhagiar? Or is there someone out of left field you can think of? Krishna, Yuel? Do you see other priorities?
Replying to this original post to give it a bump.
The regular season is over, so it is time to get signing.
I hope we can keep Birra. I doubt the interest from cashed up A-League clubs will not be too great. He is an excellent shot stopper and organiser, but his distribution is not great. His sweeping and control of his box has sometimes been poor, but is improving. Tonight was very good.
It is going to be difficult to keep Ruon. I think he will be offered serious money by others. He could make a fortune in Asia.
Rowles is definitely a priority and has been one of the massive improvers this season. We should work our butts off to keep him.
I think that Staj said that Urena still has 2-3 years left in him he must be a priority.
DDS is apparently gone.
Kuol is definitely gone.
Matty has probably had his best season ever but I feel he gave all that was left and the tank is now close to empty. He looked off the pace in the last two games and is probably worth another season to be used as a sub to defend a league.Having said that he is the only one in the team who can consistently find the back of the net.
Clisby, yes please.
Nigro, if cheap.
Bouman, not fussed.
Reec, Ballard, Smiley sign cheaply to develop.
Hatch, definitely. He has something you cannot teach blinding pace.
Kasella, I need to see more before spending a fortune but at the right price definitely worth signing.
Janota, I still do not know. I would not be upset if he stays or goes. Apart from Urena and Nizzy he is the only one who has shown the skills of perception and the ability to pass to a runner in space.

What we need to look for.
A quality goal scorer who can take advantage of playing with Urena.
Quality full backs in any number.

Wombat

I have been thinking about other players we were disappointed to lose over the last few years to other A-League clubs and the upsets it caused each time. I cannot truly think of any that I would really like back.
Pain.

The only one i would take back is Aspro but he dogged us when we needed a leader so f**k him.

Forum Phoenix

I'd like Aspro back if we were losing both Ruon and Rowles. Wales and Pain too until we have some equally good or better wingers. But every other player whose left us in the past 6 years I have no regrets about and mostly happy they're gone.

Last edited:

Big Al

No way Aspro is trash. He conceeds alot and doesn’t move as well after his injury. He is not missed at all. Especially with Ruon coming in and now Hall and Millar

Pain was all effort no results. I know a lot if you like him but i don’t rate him for production. Effort is not enough.

Wales is very inconsistent and it’s only him being coastie that would make him palatable.

turbo

Call me a cynic but I have a suspicion that DDS has been putting in this year, the last year of his contract, to gain a new one.
It then seems to me that as soon as he gets this he is out with a toe injury. Hmmm.
I remember the spat he had to get away because he insisted that he signed so he could play under Okon.
Contract year is a fair shout but he also strikes me as a player that reflects the environment rather than digging in and lifting the bar.

Good mood & confident squad = DDS we’ve seen this year. Squad that needs one of its better players to lead the way = lots of pressure and big chance of disappearing.

Michael

All them you mentioned aside from lachie truly f**ked us over and aside from Aspro, stabbed us in the back. Ziggy and millar in particular, in my book, can well and truly f**k off. Trent turned his back on us almost as quick as his 20mtr sprint speed. Aspro was never really into us.
The club f**ked lachie over. He wanted to stay, just wanted the security of 2year deal, City offered him the same money just 2years. He’s improved since and id take him back in a heart beat. More well rounded versatile player now. I believe he’d come back given the chance. Best mates with kye, played in the same youth sides as Niz, Stens, Miller etc
Misses his family too. Adept replacement for someone like DDS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred