• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

VonBowellski

So by my count, we 8 have "first team" players lining up for us next year. 5 players contracted through to next year (Miller, Nisbet, Stensness, Bozanic, and Simon) as well as another 3 contracted until 2023 (Birighitti, Rowles, and Hall). I assume we will still have Hatch and Casella on scholarship contracts and Smylie, Ballard, and possibly Reec from the Youth team. Anyone else that I have missed?

Melange

36 year olds Nink and Bobo re-signed. Nieuwenhof and Wood want to come to a club that has faith in youth?

On the topic of potential bling want aways, I wonder if Zullo would be interested.

turbo

According to @Its_Shanen on twitter we're releasing DDS (already known), Janota, Jankovic and Pearce. A league hub used them as a source so must be somewhat credible.

turbo

Adam Pearce

Has any player been at any club as long as him with so few appearances?
Well we had one with 0 appearances but a shorter timeframe. But I had been wondering about Pearce, we've seen Glover, Margush, Gaucci and Delaniov all step up from the junior ranks. Sail and Scott out of nowhere grab their opportunities. Is Pearce in a postion to do that? And if he isnt why are both parties persisting?

AuzDutchy

Well we had one with 0 appearances but a shorter timeframe. But I had been wondering about Pearce, we've seen Glover, Margush, Gaucci and Delaniov all step up from the junior ranks. Sail and Scott out of nowhere grab their opportunities. Is Pearce in a postion to do that? And if he isnt why are both parties persisting?
i just assumed he had nudes of Charlesworth

Michael

Adam Pearce

Has any player been at any club as long as him with so few appearances?
I was about to throw redmayne under the bus but he was only with us 2 years and then Brisbane 2 years where he played 5 times in those 4 years.

but you’re right Pearce has been here since 2014. We’ve had youth keepers miles ahead of him every point of the way, how the f**k has he been on contract this long?

Ozhammer

Assumingly, he is a cheap understudy, I mean I can’t see us spending big on a back up keeper can you?

It’s my understanding that Matt Nash was the one who told the club Gauci and Glover weren’t good enough to retain…..

Michael

36 year olds Nink and Bobo re-signed. Nieuwenhof and Wood want to come to a club that has faith in youth?

On the topic of potential bling want aways, I wonder if Zullo would be interested.

I’d take both wood and nieuwenhof but our strongest area is CM so I don’t see the latter getting more minutes here over Stens and Ollie and nizzy unfortunately. Wood would be a nice signing, but would kind of be a spit in the face of someone like smylie, Cahill and Tsekenis etc who are so close to being proper ready.
we have youth ready to step up. I maintain that we only need 3-4 quality senior signings to maintain and perhaps succeed this seasons level. The core is still there

Michael

Assumingly, he is a cheap understudy, I mean I can’t see us spending big on a back up keeper can you?

It’s my understanding that Matt Nash was the one who told the club Gauci and Glover weren’t good enough to retain…..

Matt nash….. say no more.
I get the cheap under study reason but Munford for example wouldn’t have been anymore expensive and by anyone who’d seen him would report 100x better than Pearce and more likely to develop into something. We’re so lucky Birra’s missus/family enjoys the coast, in all honesty.
id just rather see a deserving youth keeper take the back up spot and if they’re not cut out then move onto the next one in line. No harm in that.

Melange

I was wondering if Nieuwenhof was a good option to replace DDS. Depends on our system I guess.

As much as anything I'm thinking of good players that will definitely be lower in the pecking order at their clubs. Last week I asked if any of the Academy lads were ready for a step up and there didn't seem much confidence. Woods at least has a lot of starts under his belt and was looking more comfortable at this level in the last few I saw. Definitely a better option than George Blackwood imo, I think he only scored against us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred