• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

But I had been wondering about Pearce, we've seen Glover, Margush, Gaucci and Delaniov all step up from the junior ranks. Sail and Scott out of nowhere grab their opportunities. Is Pearce in a postion to do that? And if he isnt why are both parties persisting?
I remember a game against WSW the other season or so that Pearce played, he actually impressed me and did well, I'd be surprised if the club didn't retain him to push Birraz, I don't think any of the young keepers are anywhere near that level to be honest.

pjennings

I remember a game against WSW the other season or so that Pearce played, he actually impressed me and did well, I'd be surprised if the club didn't retain him to push Birraz, I don't think any of the young keepers are anywhere near that level to be honest.

The young guys may not be ready to step up, but is Pearce. TBH, surprisingly given his long time with the club I have no idea. I do know there are a number of good keepers in the NPL around Australia.

I do like Birraz but he is very physical and I worry every time he goes down injured. The fact he played every minute this year surprised me.

Every time I've seen him play over the years he's leaked goals and looked out of his depth. Seems like a nice guy but a long way short of playing as a regular 1st team spot.

I think every goalkeeper we've had has leaked goals over the past few seasons but that might have more to do with what was (or wasn't...) in front of them, so I don't think you can critique too much on goals conceded. I am concerned who will be pushing Birraz and what would happen if he leaves next year... Would it be wise of the club to spend money on a backup keeper or maybe have to spend on another first choice next season as well?

Tim

Interesting that we keep announcing Ruon’s amazing representative efforts but no indication if he’s staying next season (unless I’ve missed something?)…

Tevor

Interesting that we keep announcing Ruon’s amazing representative efforts but no indication if he’s staying next season (unless I’ve missed something?)…
I just hope that is a sign he is staying. Ruon worries me a little in that he may have really liked Staj and now he isn't here is that a new obstacle to keeping him. Hopefully they are keeping it quiet so he can focus on National duties.

Insertnamehere

I just hope that is a sign he is staying. Ruon worries me a little in that he may have really liked Staj and now he isn't here is that a new obstacle to keeping him. Hopefully they are keeping it quiet so he can focus on National duties.
I hope RT stays because of the culture that's been built as others have unexpectedly. But he's young so if hes leaving I hope its o/s.

FFC Mariner

Pearce is a decent shot stopper sometimes( if it is straight at him) but cant handle crosses, corners or manage his defence apart from screaming abuse at them - the way he screams at players is horrible. Suprised one hasnt belted him TBH.

Screaming YOU C************NT at an AM who you feel didnt jump high enough to get the cross you missed would get you a punch in the head on most Sunday teams.

Too many 2-1 leads thrown away in the dying seconds at Pluim when the ball is lumped into the box for me.

He can go. NBN league at best

To think we let Munford go for him - what a trainwreck our football dept used to be

/end rant

Ads

I’m a strong believer that Arnie had a fair bit to do with our defensive strategy this year, some early discussions with Staj.

It may have even been mentioned on a pod or article earlier in the year that there was contact to some degree.

But the rush and jockey press to force mistakes was executed very well in those first 9 games and screamed Arnie.
As well as that slight change in structure.

Hopefully Tongyik makes the smart decision to stay with Rowles and focus on international partnership.

And mainly as Tongyik had already been to a few clubs, despite recent trends maybe repay the faith and strong game time that came his way with the Mariners.

Will be very interesting to see the starting back 3 or 4 for the olympics with Souttar.

the way he screams at players is horrible. Suprised one hasnt belted him TBH.

Screaming YOU C************NT at an AM who you feel didnt jump high enough to get the cross you missed would get you a punch in the head on most Sunday teams.

To think we let Munford go for him - what a trainwreck our football dept used to be
Not sure why you rate Munford so highly and screaming at defenders is exactly what you want from your keeper... I've copped worse myself but you know full-well when you make a mistake that you'll get it.

But ability aside, I'm not sure why the club wouldn't want to keep as many players as possible from last season and just focus on making 3-4 key additions, that goes with what I say about the defenders:

Hopefully Tongyik makes the smart decision to stay with Rowles and focus on international partnership.

And mainly as Tongyik had already been to a few clubs, despite recent trends maybe repay the faith and strong game time that came his way with the Mariners.
Interesting to see what the club does in terms of signing defenders. Another CB would not be beneficial for Hall if RT stays and desperately need FBs to replace Clisby, while still lacking a decent right back

Last edited:

Ben10

On the LB note, I saw that Adelaide have released Noah Smith who played some games towards the start of the year and looked promising. Competition for Hatch and see who comes out on top for the spot?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred