• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Big Dog

Not sure why you rate Munford so highly and screaming at defenders is exactly what you want from your keeper... I've copped worse myself but you know full-well when you make a mistake that you'll get it.

I know the comradery with the Youth goalkeepers is pretty good. They are in competition with each other but there’s plenty of encouragement as well. Nicks worked hard on the culture and they all know they can help each other. I have heard that when they’ve trained with the top team plenty of abuse comes their way from Pearce. Very little encouragement or mentoring at all. Maybe it’s his way of trying to get the best out of them.
Conversely, I’ve chatted with one of the Keepers who spent a bit of time in Brisbane. He still gets regular messages from Jamie Young and Jason Kearton asking how is going and encouraging him to keep working hard.

priorpeter

Not sure why you rate Munford so highly and screaming at defenders is exactly what you want from your keeper... I've copped worse myself but you know full-well when you make a mistake that you'll get it.

Having watched a lot of both Munford and Pearce over the years, I would comfortably say Munf is the far better of the two. Would have him back in a heartbeat.

Insertnamehere

I know the comradery with the Youth goalkeepers is pretty good. They are in competition with each other but there’s plenty of encouragement as well. Nicks worked hard on the culture and they all know they can help each other. I have heard that when they’ve trained with the top team plenty of abuse comes their way from Pearce. Very little encouragement or mentoring at all. Maybe it’s his way of trying to get the best out of them.
Conversely, I’ve chatted with one of the Keepers who spent a bit of time in Brisbane. He still gets regular messages from Jamie Young and Jason Kearton asking how is going and encouraging him to keep working hard.
Anyone who thinks abusing people gets the best out of them has zero interpersonal skills. That sort of shit should have died out 20 years ago. The last coach I can remember baking us at footy was in reserve grade when I was 18 in 2001.

Its not how it needs to be or should be done. Occasionally someone is being an ignorant douche and needs a tune up but it can't be par for the course.

Corsair

Too many 2-1 leads thrown away in the dying seconds at Pluim when the ball is lumped into the box for me.
We must have been watching the same games, those performances are what stick for me. Any time the ball goes near him you're biting your nails and if shit goes South everyone else is to blame.

I like that Birraz will give a serve to someone like Miller when he's daydreaming or out of position, but if it's his fault, an unsaveable shot or a genuine accidental mistake he stays quiet. Proper leadership.

Ozhammer

On the LB note, I saw that Adelaide have released Noah Smith who played some games towards the start of the year and looked promising. Competition for Hatch and see who comes out on top for the spot?
He is a player we should be making a pitch for imho, looked very impressive for ADL until he got injured. LB is a notoriously difficult spot to fill and I honestly reckon he would go really well for us, assuming his injury isn’t an ongoing issue.

style_cafe

What`s the thoughts on getting Lachie Rose back from Macarthur.
He looked good in the games I saw him play.
He`s fast, good on the ball and not scared to take players on.
Could be a good,cheap pick up for the wide right midfield... :popcorn:

Corsair

What`s the thoughts on getting Lachie Rose back from Macarthur.
He looked good in the games I saw him play.
He`s fast, good on the ball and not scared to take players on.
Could be a good,cheap pick up for the wide right midfield... :popcorn:
Be surprised if we could pick him up, would be a great addition.

scottmac

Suspended
Why are we not announcing Urena and RT? Is this a problem or a marketing stunt?

Anyone got the inside track?
Probably because they are not signed. If you listen to Ken in the latest pod you'll hear that he says they want to get Urena back and that he's confident there will be a good cb partner signed for Rowles. They may get signed but I'd think Ruon will be after the Olympics if we do and Urena will come back if he doesn't get a better offer or an offer at home seeing as though next year is a world cup year. Could also have alot to do with the timing of the season so that the following year either finishes before the world cup or has him match fit, or allows him to get a deal for a season before the world cup

pjennings

Last season we had GF 26 GA 55 GD -29
This season we had GF 35 GA 31 GD +4

This was a vast improvement especially in defence

However, when you compare our attack against the best we fell well short

MCI GF 57 GA 32 GD +25
CCM GF 35 GA 31 GD +4

We now have the base of our defensive spine tied up with the notable exception of Ruon. But to build on this year we really need to lock in Marco and give him some top level support.

Insertnamehere

Last season we had GF 26 GA 55 GD -29
This season we had GF 35 GA 31 GD +4

This was a vast improvement especially in defence

However, when you compare our attack against the best we fell well short

MCI GF 57 GA 32 GD +25
CCM GF 35 GA 31 GD +4

We now have the base of our defensive spine tied up with the notable exception of Ruon. But to build on this year we really need to lock in Marco and give him some top level support.
#10 who can get 10 assists + 5 goals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred