• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Tevor

Bayliss and/or Hall if RT gets fit
Yeah Hall does not mind going forward, still haven’t seen enough of Bayliss. Either way appears we will find out soon. Wonder if he plays on Thursday??? If he has signed with them I would suggest he is dropped on Thursday evening.

Forum Phoenix

I didn’t scream blue murder about being attacked. Honestly couldn’t care less, it’d be hilarious if it ever happened in person. I jokingly referenced it once.
I expressed my opinion on a player that I think is overhyped. Admittedly getting carried away sometimes. And trust me, I’ve been analysing football games for about 10 years now. I completely understand when one teams tactics/style can nullify the others main threats. Just didnt think it needed to be typed. That’s you jumping to a conclusion.
I’ll criticise a player but I’ll also compliment said player when they do something that’s consistent and worthy of praise.

And believe it or not, outside of this forum, Marco isn’t the well loved supremely talented footballer many on here think. Majority of other Mariner fans I’ve spoken to at the stadium, pubs and in general agree with my sentiment.
I don’t want him gone by any means, I want to see the player some of you people see. And for the record I haven’t attacked him as a person, I’m sure he’s a lovely bloke.

do you believe Monty would’ve gone the extra mile to bring cumdog down here if Marco and even moresche (who I prefer over Marco) were banging goals consistently?

Honestly Michael, I'm pretty easy going, and enjoy many of your posts, but when it comes to Urena, what you've stated above, really doesn't match with how you've often come across on him. Hence you're now even drawing 'broken record' comments etc... At times it really does seem like he shot your dog and ran off with your wife... or maybe Stoxxo's.... It's getting confusing. Anyway, what do they say... communication is the response you get?

The only time you really pissed me off beyond a typical forum differing of opinion and an eye roll, was when you were saying things about him being lazy and that he doesn't care. It's just categorically untrue and not a slight I honestly think a single player in our current squad deserves — which is f**king great.

Re Monty, I actually know he's thrilled with Marcos.The senior guys really admire and respect each other. Again, which is great. But Monty was banking on playing Simmo with Marcos once more this season. With Moresche the unknown X factor to come off the bench and maybe challenge for a spot, and some young quality like McCarthy and Kuol coming through behind.

The reason we have signed Cumdog, as has been stated by Monty, was because we lost Matty. And what a signing. Better than we could have possibly hoped. From what I've seen Cumdog looks to be the best out and out striker in the team and possibly maybe the whole bloody league for mine. That's how impressed I am (and willing to overhype him) knowing I could well be proven wrong.

But as to Marcos's performances and proving to you and the other doubting fans and pundits you're speaking to... if it was me... and I'm not taking the piss... I'd be pointing out that 7 games into a 33 game season, he has 3 goals and 2 assists.

Within those games he's missed and butchered things, but he's also had multiple goal line clearances and put others into some cracking goal scoring positions that they've missed. But that's football. And all that aside, at his current rate he'd be looking to score 12 plus goals and 10 plus assists. That'd be a pretty f**king good return don't you agree?

I don't think he's a perfect player. But he's a player imo we're clearly lucky to have. Loves the coast. Loves the club. Loves the fans. Loves helping other players...

Come on man... there's a lot to love.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Watched the Nix v Cows game and now I see why they are interested in Miller, they are currently using Noone as a right wing back and it’s not going great and he gave a stupid Pen away and is not providing enough in attack compared to being a winger at City. Miller gives the chance to move him back into his best position. Also their backs don’t have a lot of pace. It became very obvious they need some one like him and he will play regularly for them IMO. I get the feeling that Monty wouldn’t lose a player by choice, maybe he hasn’t stood in his way if what people are saying is true. I feel we will miss his impact though.
I don't think we will miss him at all. We don't have a decent right back so nothing changes

Ads

I don’t think Monty or Ken sought after Cumdog heavily from a footballing perspective.

Well yes from a football perspective but we were on the cusp of ACL qualifying and needed backup firepower as well as the draw card factor of publicity and boosting sales and viewership.

How do we know we didn’t even apply for some help to draw him here?

Never know.

I didn’t scream blue murder about being attacked. Honestly couldn’t care less, it’d be hilarious if it ever happened in person. I jokingly referenced it once.
I expressed my opinion on a player that I think is overhyped. Admittedly getting carried away sometimes. And trust me, I’ve been analysing football games for about 10 years now. I completely understand when one teams tactics/style can nullify the others main threats. Just didnt think it needed to be typed. That’s you jumping to a conclusion.
I’ll criticise a player but I’ll also compliment said player when they do something that’s consistent and worthy of praise.

And believe it or not, outside of this forum, Marco isn’t the well loved supremely talented footballer many on here think. Majority of other Mariner fans I’ve spoken to at the stadium, pubs and in general agree with my sentiment.
I don’t want him gone by any means, I want to see the player some of you people see. And for the record I haven’t attacked him as a person, I’m sure he’s a lovely bloke.

do you believe Monty would’ve gone the extra mile to bring cumdog down here if Marco and even moresche (who I prefer over Marco) were banging goals consistently?

Tevor

I don’t think Monty or Ken sought after Cumdog heavily from a footballing perspective.

Well yes from a football perspective but we were on the cusp of ACL qualifying and needed backup firepower as well as the draw card factor of publicity and boosting sales and viewership.

How do we know we didn’t even apply for some help to draw him here?

Never know.
I get the feeling we didn't chase him at all costs either, seems he was pretty keen to get away and focus back on his football. Its a win/win for us.

style_cafe

Watched the Nix v Cows game and now I see why they are interested in Miller, they are currently using Noone as a right wing back and it’s not going great and he gave a stupid Pen away and is not providing enough in attack compared to being a winger at City. Miller gives the chance to move him back into his best position. Also their backs don’t have a lot of pace. It became very obvious they need some one like him and he will play regularly for them IMO. I get the feeling that Monty wouldn’t lose a player by choice, maybe he hasn’t stood in his way if what people are saying is true. I feel we will miss his impact though.
I hope they put the the “no play against us”clause in the deal :popcorn: :popcorn:

James93

Pretty gutted about Lewis leaving his pace and power has been great, however without knowing the details, if the club think he needs to move on then so be it.

Not so keen to see Storm feature more he’s been rather unconvincing so far, hope he improv
The clubs decision?

Tevor

Surely if he is having blow ups with the coach and the rest of the team squad it is better if he moves on? I do not understand your reasoning.
Agree, not much reasoning at all coming from James. Seems he has some inside knowledge.

Miller has done very well this season and has deserved his starts, I'm definitely not one for pushing him out the door however if he feels he needs to move on I hope it works in his best interests.

true believer

Surely if he is having blow ups with the coach and the rest of the team squad it is better if he moves on? I do not understand your reasoning.
sounds like he's adhd . i reckon that might be a starting point for sorting him out .
also if thats the issue .going to methcarther wont sort it and is a minefield for miller.

Kilsin

The clubs decision?
Hi Louis! :)

If Louis isn't happy playing RB then surely it will put pressure on him and make him feel like he has to move to play the position he wants but without having a showreel from the CB position it's a risk for other teams to take him on as a starting 11 player.

Sadly, as others have said, he may well be an awesome CB but he would be 4th in line at CCMFC and I really like him at RB, he's fast, has the confidence to take on the opposition players (and win) plus he's strong and uses his physicality to his advantage add decent crosses into the mix and he will be missed.

We don't have a good placement for him either.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred