• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Corsair

Hi Louis! :)

If Louis isn't happy playing RB then surely it will put pressure on him and make him feel like he has to move to play the position he wants but without having a showreel from the CB position it's a risk for other teams to take him on as a starting 11 player.

Sadly, as others have said, he may well be an awesome CB but he would be 4th in line at CCMFC and I really like him at RB, he's fast, has the confidence to take on the opposition players (and win) plus he's strong and uses his physicality to his advantage add decent crosses into the mix and he will be missed.

We don't have a good placement for him either.
His defensive capabilities have improved this season as well, seems to be a bit more aware of what's going on. You could do a lot worse than be in a back line with a Socceroo and Birraz behind you. Miller has always been an emotional character, I hope he hasn't let it get the better of him. I'd like to see him stay, his development has come on a lot over the last couple of seasons.

His contract is up in June, maybe we've just not offered enough for him to stay next season. However he's also appeared to be someone that doesn't handle criticism well from other players and if that's getting in the way of his development or cultural fit and he can't or won't adjust then that's difficult to go forward with. Coaches like players that are willing to receive coaching....

marinermick

Hi Louis! :)

If Louis isn't happy playing RB then surely it will put pressure on him and make him feel like he has to move to play the position he wants but without having a showreel from the CB position it's a risk for other teams to take him on as a starting 11 player.

Sadly, as others have said, he may well be an awesome CB but he would be 4th in line at CCMFC and I really like him at RB, he's fast, has the confidence to take on the opposition players (and win) plus he's strong and uses his physicality to his advantage add decent crosses into the mix and he will be missed.

We don't have a good placement for him either.

Lewis

Ads

Hope any disagreements and blowups are just the usual team frustrations from poor passes/plays rather than anything more extensive.

Every team, even MAA9’s you have the mix of personality and people getting frustrated.

But I can’t see any other club handing him a starting CB spot.

Once again, without CCM even giving him a chance a RB he wouldn’t even be on the radar of other clubs.

I think you might find he will end up at RB at next club unless they have an injured CB.

Tevor

Hope any disagreements and blowups are just the usual team frustrations from poor passes/plays rather than anything more extensive.

Every team, even MAA9’s you have the mix of personality and people getting frustrated.

But I can’t see any other club handing him a starting CB spot.

Once again, without CCM even giving him a chance a RB he wouldn’t even be on the radar of other clubs.

I think you might find he will end up at RB at next club unless they have an injured CB.
Absolutely, the Cows have Uskok (who is finally doing ok) and Susnjar (think that is how you spell it) so their CB's are well entrenched. What they need is an RB as Noone isn't handling the Wing back position all that well. A move to the Cows will not mean a starting CB role IMO. Agree, I don't see him walking into a CB role at any club.

I feel RB and LB in the modern game are difficult positions so if your can flourish in these positions you can go places and doors will open. He is doing a good job this season as RB, stick with it is my advice especially as you are starting most games at the moment.

Kilsin

I've heard Monty and others call him Louis (pronounced Loowee) before, so thought I'd use an endearing nickname rather than a formal first name :D

Or would it be Lewi?

I have a good mate named Lee and we call him Louis (Loowee) so I thought it would be the same, my bad if it's wrong haha

marinermick

I've heard Monty and others call him Louis (pronounced Loowee) before, so thought I'd use an endearing nickname rather than a formal first name :D

Or would it be Lewi?

I have a good mate named Lee and we call him Louis (Loowee) so I thought it would be the same, my bad if it's wrong haha

Lewi

Kilsin

My last post on this to not derail too much but I think I should have posted Louie instead of Louis, Lewi doesn't appear anywhere that I can find :D

What is short for Lewis?

"Lewis began as a medieval English version of the French masculine name Louis. ... Pet or short forms of the name are Lou and Louie. Louis continues to be hugely popular in France, ranked as the 4th most popular boy's name in 2009. The British prefer the spelling Lewis, but the Americans opt for the French spelling Louis."

Interesting history:
"Lewis began as a medieval English version of the French masculine name Louis. Louis is a French name of Frankish/Germanic origin, derived from the German masculine name Ludwig, from the elements “hlōd” (fame) and “wīg” (war). The French Louis (pronounced loo-EE) became a common name among royal households and families of nobility, auspiciously dating back to the 8th century with Louis I, the son of Charlemagne (ruler of both France and the Holy Roman Empire). Fifteen more kings of France named Louis would follow him, ending with Louis XVI who was executed during the French Revolution (1793). Louis XVI’s great great great grandfather was Louis XIV whose reign lasted for 72 years and coincided with the height of French power and prosperity (1643-1715). The French obviously helped popularize this royal name in England after the 11th century Norman Conquest; although the English would often render Louis as “Lewis”. There are several language variations of Louis including Aloysius (Provençal), Ludwig (German), Luigi (Italian), Luis (Spanish), Ludvig (Scandinavian), and Lewis or Louis (English). Pet or short forms of the name are Lou and Louie. Louis continues to be hugely popular in France, ranked as the 4th most popular boy’s name in 2009. The British prefer the spelling Lewis, but the Americans opt for the French spelling Louis. Amazingly, Lewis is currently the second most popular name in Scotland, the 27th most popular in England/Wale and the 30th most popular in Northern Ireland. We think it’s safe to say that Lewis is sweeping across the whole of Great Britain. Lewis is also a popular name in Australia and New Zealand. The most famous English name bearer is Lewis Carroll (1832-1898), author of “Alice's Adventures in Wonderland” and “Through the Looking-Glass”."

marinermick

My last post on this to not derail too much but I think I should have posted Louie instead of Louis, Lewi doesn't appear anywhere that I can find :D

What is short for Lewis?

"Lewis began as a medieval English version of the French masculine name Louis. ... Pet or short forms of the name are Lou and Louie. Louis continues to be hugely popular in France, ranked as the 4th most popular boy's name in 2009. The British prefer the spelling Lewis, but the Americans opt for the French spelling Louis."

Interesting history:
"Lewis began as a medieval English version of the French masculine name Louis. Louis is a French name of Frankish/Germanic origin, derived from the German masculine name Ludwig, from the elements “hlōd” (fame) and “wīg” (war). The French Louis (pronounced loo-EE) became a common name among royal households and families of nobility, auspiciously dating back to the 8th century with Louis I, the son of Charlemagne (ruler of both France and the Holy Roman Empire). Fifteen more kings of France named Louis would follow him, ending with Louis XVI who was executed during the French Revolution (1793). Louis XVI’s great great great grandfather was Louis XIV whose reign lasted for 72 years and coincided with the height of French power and prosperity (1643-1715). The French obviously helped popularize this royal name in England after the 11th century Norman Conquest; although the English would often render Louis as “Lewis”. There are several language variations of Louis including Aloysius (Provençal), Ludwig (German), Luigi (Italian), Luis (Spanish), Ludvig (Scandinavian), and Lewis or Louis (English). Pet or short forms of the name are Lou and Louie. Louis continues to be hugely popular in France, ranked as the 4th most popular boy’s name in 2009. The British prefer the spelling Lewis, but the Americans opt for the French spelling Louis. Amazingly, Lewis is currently the second most popular name in Scotland, the 27th most popular in England/Wale and the 30th most popular in Northern Ireland. We think it’s safe to say that Lewis is sweeping across the whole of Great Britain. Lewis is also a popular name in Australia and New Zealand. The most famous English name bearer is Lewis Carroll (1832-1898), author of “Alice's Adventures in Wonderland” and “Through the Looking-Glass”."

Because wiki knows how his name is shortened

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred