• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Wombat

This is the most plausible explanation at the moment. Also reflective of the team’s form in the last couple of months.
And the weird and f**ked up performance v the Scum. We are grateful for what you did Staj but basically you are a dog......unless that pantomime villian MC forced your hand?
Im smelling a dog but I hope i'm wrong.

Corsair

And the weird and f**ked up performance v the Scum. We are grateful for what you did Staj but basically you are a dog......unless that patomine villian MC forced your hand?
This is a rather peculiar point of view. Why do you think he's a dog?

Wombat

Can not hold that against him. MC is a right royal c**t.

Did he know? Really know? Does anyone here really know what's is like to try to deliver in his position? This is the club that drove Hutch out. You know, the guy that lived the FTS slogan and bled yellow, and we are questioning someone who comes in and when they've got the upper hand decide to jump before their bent over (or another way of looking at it is they've decided to stand up, from being bent over........)
People think we've got no money. It's more than that.
Seems my pessimistic views earlier in this thread about the same old same old coming back this off season was spot on.
Okunt drove Hutch out...same as he drove Ben Cahn out. Thats not on pikey for my money.

Wombat

This is a rather peculiar point of view. Why do you think he's a dog?
He has dogged us you muppet. He wont be here next season and has taken his Argie sidekick. He was walked out mid stream, for more money. Its a dog act.
He is the same as Okunt but just with good coaching talent. Is he the messiah.....no he is just another dog.

Blackadder

And the weird and f**ked up performance v the Scum. We are grateful for what you did Staj but basically you are a dog......unless that pantomime villian MC forced your hand?
Not sure how Staj is a dog out of all this.
The known factor in play here is a owner unwilling to invest more than the bare minimum in the team.

priorpeter

Let's see what happens with signings hey? You've been keen to drum up support for the idea that this off-season will be different but here we are loosing the rudder after just one extension. So now let's get a squad together, without a coach.
I'd hazard an educated guess that we won't sign one until maybe 6-8 weeks out from the start of the next season. If we can even find someone to take this over. Whoever does will understand its either career suicide, or you're pulling off a miracle and if they do manage that they'll be right the f**k out the door as quickly as possible.

It's funny how there's always people who are willing to bury our coach every time we get here with the line of "Oh but you knew what you were getting yourself into" as if that makes it ok. There's now talk that Staj has suffered financially for the team this year if your willing to go searching on Twitter. It's in one of Gattys threads.
Steady man. I know we’ve had our differences on here, and I’m not trying to drum up anything (brother, you’d know if I was) but you know what, now that you’ve mentioned it there are 3x more contract extensions signed and more to come.
Let’s absolutely see what happens with a new coach! I’d expect that we’ll probably announce one in the next 4-6 weeks. Tops.

And yeah I’ve seen the talk on Twitter that Staj suffered financially during covid. I hope he didn’t. The rest of the club staff definitely did unfortunately.

Last edited:

MrCelery

Gutted that Staj is going. But can't blame him for looking after #1 after the way he was scarred by the Matildas knifing.

shipwreck

Look if he goes to another Aleague club I'm 100% gonna be as pissed as everyone here. My understanding was that he is making a statement and choosing to not work for the remaining year of his contract in the Aleague.

Forum Phoenix

Staj had everyones support and appreciation, but let's be clear, he walked into this job knowing very well he had f**k all. Second season he has made his reputation by achieving something with that f**k all and has been lauded for it. Now that for his third season he must continue to make do with f**k all, he walks on his contract? Sorry Staj, but as a CCM fan that's just utterly crushing mate. And what the f**k are we supposed to sing now?

I will back down?

"Hey baby.... You know there's an easy way out..."
"But I won't stand my ground... and I will back down..."

Or maybe it's "Do stop... believing"?

But I will say, let's not turn on each other over who's to blame. Owners, coaches or players may screw us. But we'll always be the ones still standing here behind our club together.

FFC Mariner

I don't care who our coach is next season as long as they can get the best out of a very thin, underfunded squad.
Staj was doing that so the decision to let him take his bat and ball is yet another cluster f**k of a decision (deciding to do nothing is still a decision)
This just builds on the Millar debacle and others.
Shaun is too smart for that. He understands that this season was instrumental in bringing the club back from the dead.
That's why the buck stops with our owner.

scottmac

Suspended
Steady man. I know we’ve had our differences on here, and I’m not trying to drum up anything (brother, you’d know if I was) but you know what, now that you’ve mentioned it there are 3x more contract extensions signed and more to come.
Let’s absolutely see what happens with a new coach! I’d expect that we’ll probably announce one in the next 4-6 weeks. Tops.

And yeah I’ve seen the talk on Twitter that Staj suffered financially during covid. I hope he didn’t. The rest of the club staff definitely did unfortunately.
I wasn't having a go. Sorry if it came out that way.

Everyone suffered during covid and its expected but it was made out that Staj suffered to support club staff (whatever that means). Now there is no one here that will have stumped up to support their employers staff financially. Why would you hang around? Also, if that's the best performance you can hope for and the club isn't going to stand in your way leaving, then I don't believe for a second this is Staj deciding to just up and leave without something else going on. Whether it's a contract they wouldn't extend or sign (until the last minute line we always do) or it's an improvement to another contract they wouldn't approve or whether it's giving him a bit more security to decide to move up to the coast, there will be something that has caused Staj to walk away other than we are a poor club. It's never one sided like some people here are making out.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred