• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Big Al

Is blaming MC an easy out or you just get sick of him real quick.

Especially for someone like Staj who needed the opportunity but now he see’s whats needed for real success and his reputation is restored he’s out

turbo

Obviously we don’t know what Staj was after but we’re going in to the new paramount & independent APL era, turning around crowd numbers despite a midweek heavy draw and still there doesn’t seem to be any more money to capitalise. The gate increase alone should help, What a shit show.

pjennings

Especially for someone like Staj who needed the opportunity but now he see’s whats needed for real success and his reputation is restored he’s out
I really think that he will end up as a Womens NT Coach. there will probably be a few vacancies after the Olympics. NZ already mentioned but a poor showing by the Matildas will also put pressure on there. Vindication at a home WC would be sweet.

Michael

I see your point. But let’s be honest our season a miracle. There was huge holes in our performances at times and absolutely bare bones depth. That baron run that Almost cost us the finals is case in point. Staj is a realist. Spirit only gets you so far.

FFC Mariner

A different view - Staj got the jump on the other teams early in the season because he had us well organised and fit.
In a pandemic, no one had stupid money and young players got a run.
As other sides hit their stride we were pegged back and ultimatley found out.
Next season would be even tougher as other clubs start to spend
He chooses to bail on a high

scottmac

Suspended

Can not hold that against him. MC is a right royal c**t.

That’s the flip side to the argument isn’t it - he knew the situation when he signed and the club saved his career
Did he know? Really know? Does anyone here really know what's is like to try to deliver in his position? This is the club that drove Hutch out. You know, the guy that lived the FTS slogan and bled yellow, and we are questioning someone who comes in and when they've got the upper hand decide to jump before their bent over (or another way of looking at it is they've decided to stand up, from being bent over........)
People think we've got no money. It's more than that.
Seems my pessimistic views earlier in this thread about the same old same old coming back this off season was spot on.

Ozhammer

I am not going to jump on the fk MC bandwagon right now, as I had been aware that there had been issues with Staj and his coaching manner for some time, so perhaps we all need to pause for breath and let the dust settle.

I am also not going to shed crocodile tears but the club definitely needs to own the narrative moving forward and the appointment of a replacement coach is of more importance than speculating the whys and wherefores of Staj’s decision to walk. Provided Staj was told no lies about player budgets or the like, then it’s his call whether he embraces or rejects that.

Insertnamehere

I am not going to jump on the fk MC bandwagon right now, as I had been aware that there had been issues with Staj and his coaching manner for some time, so perhaps we all need to pause for breath and let the dust settle.

I am also not going to shed crocodile tears but the club definitely needs to own the narrative moving forward and the appointment of a replacement coach is of more importance than speculating the whys and wherefores of Staj’s decision to walk. Provided Staj was told no lies about player budgets or the like, then it’s his call whether he embraces or rejects that.
Coaching style? As in no real plan B or something deeper?

scottmac

Suspended
Yes he knew - and that was Okunt’s decision.
Let's see what happens with signings hey? You've been keen to drum up support for the idea that this off-season will be different but here we are loosing the rudder after just one extension. So now let's get a squad together, without a coach.
I'd hazard an educated guess that we won't sign one until maybe 6-8 weeks out from the start of the next season. If we can even find someone to take this over. Whoever does will understand its either career suicide, or you're pulling off a miracle and if they do manage that they'll be right the f**k out the door as quickly as possible.

It's funny how there's always people who are willing to bury our coach every time we get here with the line of "Oh but you knew what you were getting yourself into" as if that makes it ok. There's now talk that Staj has suffered financially for the team this year if your willing to go searching on Twitter. It's in one of Gattys threads.

Corsair

To think I almost bought the shirt, hoodie, scarf, and beanie combo today :naughty:
I was extremely cynical about those finals tshirts... and i was right. And the sell off of as much discount merch as possible before the cat was out of the bag.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred