• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

true believer

He needs to get his head around the physicality but also the officiating and how to work them. Understand when to be physical and when to take a foul and perhaps force a card instead of a low % opportunity. Fornaroli is a good one to watch, drops a bit too easily for my liking but knows what he's doing and has been successful here. ALF as well.
yeah but both those guys have reputations and play for clubs. that get given a foul if a defenders is inside 5 metres . remember we got yellow carded 5 to 1 last week .

turbo

yeah but both those guys have reputations and play for clubs. that get given a foul if a defenders is inside 5 metres . remember we got yellow carded 5 to 1 last week .
We deserved at least some of those dumb cards. As for not getting the fouls you won’t if you don’t try, not to mention he doesn’t have the reputation of Matty to precede him.

pjennings

We deserved at least some of those dumb cards. As for not getting the fouls you won’t if you don’t try, not to mention he doesn’t have the reputation of Matty to precede him.
My problem was not with the cards we got but with the worse offences they didn't get carded for.

Moresche was rushing past Uskok and suddenly slowed down - the ref said it was 50/50 no foul. If he was past Uskok he would have had a one on one I think. Nizz had DDS with a virtual bear hug around him as he was trying to set up a break - foul - no card.

turbo

My problem was not with the cards we got but with the worse offences they didn't get carded for.

Moresche was rushing past Uskok and suddenly slowed down - the ref said it was 50/50 no foul. If he was past Uskok he would have had a one on one I think. Nizz had DDS with a virtual bear hug around him as he was trying to set up a break - foul - no card.
Il not saying we were treated fairly but if you feel you’re getting the wrong end of the stick you don’t make it easy with really easy yellow decisions, I feel overall they were better at fouling in grey situations.

As for Uskok I remember the incident you are talking about but one angle showed Moresche had hands back on him too,probably just holding him off but it creates doubt. We’ve seen that with other top strikers too, Fornaroli sometimes got caught up in it over the years and missed out on fouls too. If you don’t have a handful of shirt and they do, and you can create just a bit of separation to make it obvious you won’t give the ref much choice.

pjennings

Il not saying we were treated fairly but if you feel you’re getting the wrong end of the stick you don’t make it easy with really easy yellow decisions, I feel overall they were better at fouling in grey situations.

As for Uskok I remember the incident you are talking about but one angle showed Moresche had hands back on him too,probably just holding him off but it creates doubt. We’ve seen that with other top strikers too, Fornaroli sometimes got caught up in it over the years and missed out on fouls too. If you don’t have a handful of shirt and they do, and you can create just a bit of separation to make it obvious you won’t give the ref much choice.

Yes it looked 50/50 when they were together - but Moresche started behind him and was streaking past him. Common sense says it was Uskok to blame. The one on Nizz I thought was blatant as well as he seemed to be running but going nowhere as he was almost off the ground

As for our simple ones the we conceded Storm's one in particular was blatant and he didn't need to concede it - plenty of cover on hand.

Last edited:

Allreet?

Genuinely feel this is going to be a special year.

I say that most years but there's a sense of solidity now as well as the creativity. The one thing missing is a super reliable finisher in the McLaren mold - 20 goals plus per season. We're making the chances for such a player so why not?

Could it be Tsekenis? I've heard great things about him so fingers crossed.

marinermick

Must have had some early Christmas parties, few of the Sydney boys were looking portly...

I actually think that away strip was not very flattering. I thought so myself when looking at the replay but looked closer at certain players They weren’t carrying guts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred