• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

FFC Mariner

When I see these interviews with Monty, considered and confident then think back on that muppet Mulvey....geez we went through some hard years there. Fingers crossed this season is going to be a good one, it's certainly shaping up that way.
Can you image any of the muppets post Arnie being brave enough to go to an attacking back 3 when down to 10 men and losing?
No, neither can I

marinermick

I actually think Muller is more critical as we need more play makers.

To be honest I fear this Simon injury may bring an end to his career which would be unfortunate as he deserves a good send off but sport can be cruel that way. Disc bulges don't disappear and come back too early he could do more permanent damage.

I disagree. We have too many playmakers. That front four on the weekend were all playmakers.

We missed an absolute prick of a striker that is ruthless, chases everything down, defends from the front, and can win and hold up ball for the other playmakers.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I actually think Muller is more critical as we need more play makers.

To be honest I fear this Simon injury may bring an end to his career which would be unfortunate as he deserves a good send off but sport can be cruel that way. Disc bulges don't disappear and come back too early he could do more permanent damage.
I hear ya re the bulgy discs , I got 4 of the buggers …their the shits

Tevor

I disagree. We have too many playmakers. That front four on the weekend were all playmakers.

We missed an absolute prick of a striker that is ruthless, chases everything down, defends from the front, and can win and hold up ball for the other playmakers.
I've seen enough of Jnr to suggest he could play that role. At the moment and I'm not sure if it's on purpose however there is too much mixing of roles in the front third. Perhaps two up front isn't our best formation.

marinermick

I've seen enough of Jnr to suggest he could play that role. At the moment and I'm not sure if it's on purpose however there is too much mixing of roles in the front third. Perhaps two up front isn't our best formation.

Well, he pretty much pulled out of every tackle on the weekend so I am my so sure

scottmac

Suspended
Well, he pretty much pulled out of every tackle on the weekend so I am my so sure
Yeah I think he just needs to have some more time. He was to against a massive back line that was willing to take us out. Simon is one of a kind and would have handled that but I think once Moresche understands that's what he's going to get I say he'll put himself around a bit more. I think he's got it in him but he is young and that backline on the weekend was very experienced. There is no replacing Simon though

scottmac

Suspended
The formation isn't the problem. We created so many chances. Just finishing was a bit off. Scuffed shots was the order of the day.

AuzDutchy

i think the injury to Sozer forced Monty to use a sub he had planned for later, Tsekenis for Moreshe/Urena which would have given us a bit more energy up front. i was surprised Miller came on for Roux, if Roux isnt up to 90 mins yet, why is he starting and wasting a sub each game

scottmac

Suspended
i think the injury to Sozer forced Monty to use a sub he had planned for later, Tsekenis for Moreshe/Urena which would have given us a bit more energy up front. i was surprised Miller came on for Roux, if Roux isnt up to 90 mins yet, why is he starting and wasting a sub each game
Yep. However some of the work Roux did in attack was great. Something Miller probably couldn't have done.

pjennings

The formation isn't the problem. We created so many chances. Just finishing was a bit off. Scuffed shots was the order of the day.
I wonder how much of the scuffed shots came from being on an NRL pitch. There was not long to get it ready. Nothing special has been played at Penrith for some time and it is ages before it needs to be ready for the new NRL season.

Ozhammer

He is yet to come to terms with the fact that ours is a very physical league but will hopefully adapt quickly.

Personally I thought his work rate was respectable and if he doesn’t step on the ball in that second half attack he scores two in two games.

It’s hard to be overly critical of the team given the situation but the plain fact is that we need wins on the board starting with the SFC this weekend or we face the prospect of chasing the teams above us for the rest of the season.

This round has shown that there are no clear front runners as yet and if you work your arse off, you can get a positive result.

COYY!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred