• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Corsair

Well, he pretty much pulled out of every tackle on the weekend so I am my so sure
Moresche has come from a league where he was a giant and bossed the munchkins. Our league is a different physical level, he's still young and he doesn't have recent experience with bigger, dirtier players. And let's face it those mcarthur cb's are big units. He'll come good but he does need time. That was only his first start (i think). He also missed most of our preseason.

turbo

He needs to get his head around the physicality but also the officiating and how to work them. Understand when to be physical and when to take a foul and perhaps force a card instead of a low % opportunity. Fornaroli is a good one to watch, drops a bit too easily for my liking but knows what he's doing and has been successful here. ALF as well.

AuzDutchy

He needs to get his head around the physicality but also the officiating and how to work them. Understand when to be physical and when to take a foul and perhaps force a card instead of a low % opportunity. Fornaroli is a good one to watch, drops a bit too easily for my liking but knows what he's doing and has been successful here. ALF as well.
I think Monty is workingon that with him, just after half time the 1st thing Moreshe did was play for a card on Uskok, i was hoping he would keep niggling him but alas he did not

FFC Mariner

i think the injury to Sozer forced Monty to use a sub he had planned for later, Tsekenis for Moreshe/Urena which would have given us a bit more energy up front. i was surprised Miller came on for Roux, if Roux isnt up to 90 mins yet, why is he starting and wasting a sub each game
Roux was dreadful (again) looking like a mates signing TBH

Michael

Speaking from experience, anything that involves a neck/spine nerve issue is going to take a long time to fully get over. Matty may feel good and play a game or 2 but it literally takes nothing for it to simply re-occur at any moment. Usually worse.
the club medical staff and external medical help need to tackle it aggressively.

scottmac

Suspended
Speaking from experience, anything that involves a neck/spine nerve issue is going to take a long time to fully get over. Matty may feel good and play a game or 2 but it literally takes nothing for it to simply re-occur at any moment. Usually worse.
the club medical staff and external medical help need to tackle it aggressively.
Especially at mattys age. Such a devastating injury to occur first time at his age because he'll probably live with some level of discomfort for the rest of his life. Fingers crossed he gets back sooner rather than later

pjennings

The guy has been a incredible for the club. There are 3 scenarios here.

1) He comes back and nothing more occurs - best case
2) He comes back and gets re-injured and suffers for it the rest of his life.
3) He retires as a legend of the club.

The guy will be 36 next month and is only contracted for this season. As a fan I would love scenario (1) to play out. But if there is a chance of scenario (2) I hope the medical team whether club or external advise him fully (which I'm sure they will do) and that the medical advice is the priority over football.

Corsair

I'm sure he'll be desperate to play, but he's left a lot of grudges out there over the years and if there's any risk of a spinal issue it's just not worth it. Maybe this was one season too far.

As much as I was hoping this would be a big season for his final year and it would have been great to see him bang a few in as a sweet goodbye, I would totally understand if he decided to call it at this point. A glittering Mariners career to look back on and he's got the health for the rest of his life to think about, as well as his family to consider.

midfielder

Roux was dreadful (again) looking like a mates signing TBH
Totally agree, every team we have played so far has looked very threatening down his side. I hope we only signed him for 1 season. I seem to drop about 10 F bombs a game with his name closely following the F bomb, I very much preferred watching him play for Victory.
I was very surprised we signed him... for me he is a bench player not a first team run on...

Michael

Didn’t mean to fear monger a little guys sorry! Haha
Ofcourse I don’t know the severity of Mattys issue. Monty mentioned a nerve problem, so it’s likely a compressed disc. You can have it for years before it finally gives out and causes the agonising pain.
There is a couple treatments you can have, regular chiropractor and rehab etc
Or there’s an injection he can get but that doesn’t fully solve the problem or there’s a minor surgery where they kill the nerve.

and there’s always the chance (as happened with me) the issue doesn’t get fixed and he battles through and arthritis can begin.

scottmac

Suspended
Didn’t mean to fear monger a little guys sorry! Haha
Ofcourse I don’t know the severity of Mattys issue. Monty mentioned a nerve problem, so it’s likely a compressed disc. You can have it for years before it finally gives out and causes the agonising pain.
There is a couple treatments you can have, regular chiropractor and rehab etc
Or there’s an injection he can get but that doesn’t fully solve the problem or there’s a minor surgery where they kill the nerve.

and there’s always the chance (as happened with me) the issue doesn’t get fixed and he battles through and arthritis can begin.
They don't kill the nerve because it's required for things other than pain. They do however, I believe (not completely sure how) interfere with the release of a neurotransmitter in the pain receptor cells (nociceptors) which relay the pain information through the ascending pathway up the spinal column to the brain.

Well, anatomy and physiology didn't just go over my head...... could be completely wrong though ?

Forum Phoenix

Yeh let's be honest dudes, Simon's game is all about putting his body on the line to rattle defenders, he won't be able to bring that with an injury of this type and the juice simply isn't worth the squeeze.

I think we may have seen the last of him sadly.

This was my thoughts.

Not at all surprised he has a neck injury. Years of Centre backs being allowed to clatter into him from behind with typically not even a foul called. the number of times I've seen Matty clattered into with a force that is genuinely uncommon in this league is a disgrace. just because he's a hard man doesn't mean he isn't due level of care by the refs as well.

Chris

They don't kill the nerve because it's required for things other than pain. They do however, I believe (not completely sure how) interfere with the release of a neurotransmitter in the pain receptor cells (nociceptors) which relay the pain information through the ascending pathway up the spinal column to the brain.

Well, anatomy and physiology didn't just go over my head...... could be completely wrong though ?
The injection often has a local anaesthetic and an anti-inflammatory.
Anaesthetic blocks nerve transmission so stops pains transmission along nerve fibres - all types of nerves but particularly the active ones (the nociceptors hopefully). This can be a longish lasting effect.
Anti-inflamm stops inflamm, duh. Part of this reduces compression of the nerve. Compression causes nerve damage - nasty neuropathic pain. If that persists you can end up with problems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred