• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners squad - 2010/2011 HAL season

scottmac

Suspended
mariners4ever said:
scottmac said:
brennan said:
...let simon go??

If he is offered something else, why not? Like i said, if not then sign him up again and get someone in to help him (and us) out.

dont let him go as such, sign him for the next few years then a if a decent offer comes in, take the cash

Don't have the chance if it comes at the end of this year. Matty would be a much more appealing aquisition on a free.

Forum Phoenix

Not signing Charlie was a MASSIVE mistake by the board. I hope they listen to Lawrie next time... He just seems like he would have been such a perfect fit for us.

Kareem

Bear said:
i wish we had signed yorke

:(
I was under impression Yorke would have come as a DM, or an AM...which if so no thanks?
When was last time he played striker...anyone follow his exploits at Sunderland more closely?

Forum Phoenix

He retired quite recently if I recall correctly and went to be an assistant coach with trinidad and Tobago some such. Wasn't doing much with Sunderland for awhile. But even getting first team football last year at his age was a considerable achievement.
Pretty sure I remember hearing that besides $$$$ Yorke wanted a coaching deal with us and so we weren't interested.

Roy Law

Not versatile Huke can play right back as well as midfield...and apparently is fit and ready for consideration to play this weeekend.

Jocwa08

might be somewhere else but a-league.com
says hukes right to go and fit, what happens
to cahill ?

Bear

Kareem said:
Bear said:
i wish we had signed yorke

:(
I was under impression Yorke would have come as a DM, or an AM...which if so no thanks?
When was last time he played striker...anyone follow his exploits at Sunderland more closely?

With him on the field, even OUR strikers would have been made to look good imo

Harsulas_SFC

priorpeter said:
dibo said:
There are basic quotas we've got to abide by:

1.  Max 5 foreigners
2.  At least 3 players u21
3.  Max 1 marquee

+ a youth marquee? I'm pretty sure that's still available... I think it has to be a local player under the age of 24.

Firstly, thanks dibo for a beautiful copy/paste job on all my hard work ;), I only just noticed this thread

In answer to this question, I left it out as it is no longer '1' youth marquee, just that $150k paid to any three players under the age of 23 does not have to count within the cap.  So given the 3 players u21 rule, and that minimum wage is close enough to $50k, its not really a quota rule on its own, as there is no requirement to have a 'youth marquee'

dibo

Harsulas_SFC said:
Firstly, thanks dibo for a beautiful copy/paste job on all my hard work ;)

thought it'd be a good idea to bring it to the peeps up here, and was acknowledged from the start with links to the source.

dibo said:
I believe today is the start of an intra-HAL free transfer window (translation: I saw the thread on SFCU and I'm nicking the idea).

dibo said:
Here's what our squad basically looks like at the moment (also shamelessly stolen from SFCU, where they've got everyone else's lists too)

dibo said:
And here are the players across the league who are off-contract at the end of this season (and are therefore likely targets in the window) as listed on SFCU

no point reinventing the wheel. ;)

Harsulas_SFC

LOL no worries I was only joking anyway, glad its getting used.  Feel free to copy in the edits I have/will be making as well if its easier.

With my neutral hat on, and to contribute to the discussion, if I were you lot I would

re-sign:
Huke, Hutch, Heff, Boogs, Simon, Travis, and wait to see on Crowell and Lewis (unless he's totally crap you'd keep Lewis anyway as he fills an u21 spot).

Jury out on Porter and D-Mac for mine.  Both I think are not really starting XI players, but have some benefit as backups, so I think it should come down to who the new signings are plus whether $$$s they claim are too dear for someone who is probably not going to be a regular starter.

Release:
D'Appuzzo, Mrdja (obviously), Clark, Elrich.

Handily, Redmayne under the current rules will still be a u21 signing next season, so you'd only have one spot to fill in that regard.

Of the remaining, you've already recruited pretty well in midfield, particularly if Crowell and Cahill come good (if they do, maybe re-signing Travis isn't even as desperate, though I would think you'd still want to hold him).  I guess the issue would be that if they all do come good, you would have Cahill, Crowell, Wee-Mac, Travis, Bojic and Hutch all as essentially CMs... which is fairly major overkill.  You would think one at least would make way.

CBs are fine.

Back up LB and either back up RB to Boogs or first choice RB with Boogs as the backup are probably needed.  On that score its same as Sydney really..... TBF only realy a backup RB is needed.... or perhaps Porter is kept for this purpose + his utility value.  Backup LB cuold even come from youth really, with Heff such an easy first team choice you wouldn't sign anyone too dramatic (like Jamieson)

Probably wouldn't hurt to get a 'better' LM/RM, though that also depends on shape.  Heffernan can get forward a lot which allows the LM to play further inside.  And realistically you have the midfield options to get around this anyway.

Up front obviously needs work.  Marquee should definitely be considered, particularly as you guys have a foreign spot open that doesn't need to be used elsewhere.  If its from within the comp you'd have to say that van Dijk would be an obvious call, but I don't think he'd match very well with Simon.  On the cheap side signing someone like Elasi or Payne (hands off! ;)) would probably be a good option, even if its just as a backup to a bigger foreign signing.

my two cents.

marinermick

Central Coast Mariners
Media Alert
Thursday, 8 October

Major re-signing announcement

The Central Coast Mariners will tomorrow morning announce the re-signing of a key squad member.

The player in question will be made available to the media at 10am, tomorrow, Friday 9 October, at the Central Coast Mariners office.

To confirm your attendance at this event, please contact myself at glauder@ccmariners.com.au or on 0406 535 536.

Event Details

Who Central Coast Mariners re-signed player
When Friday, 9 October. 10:00am.
Where Central Coast Mariners Offices. EnergyAustralia House, 14 Pioneer Ave, Tuggerah NSW 2259.

Marquee

#7) John Hutchinson
#8) Dean Heffernan
#16) Nigel Boogard
#19) Matt Simon
#22) Nicky Travis

Out of those 5 IMO. Any idea who it is Mick?

marinermick

Marquee said:
#7) John Hutchinson
#8) Dean Heffernan
#16) Nigel Boogard
#19) Matt Simon
#22) Nicky Travis

absolutely none - have been out of town all week

any of those would be great but am hoping it is travis as i guess he is the most insecure to us

Ted

marinermick said:
Marquee said:
#7) John Hutchinson
#8) Dean Heffernan
#16) Nigel Boogard
#19) Matt Simon
#22) Nicky Travis

absolutely none - have been out of town all week

any of those would be great but am hoping it is travis as i guess he is the most insecure to us

Nicky Travis would be a wise signing IMO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred