• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners squad - 2010/2011 HAL season

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Jesus said:
Payne is from umina but said when he signed with bling he is a big bling fan despite being from the coast. Anyone who says that i dont want.

I tend to agree ... however he is just a kid with an inflated sense of ego, trying to impress, probably not realizing the consequences of his comments - which on the face of things a lot of Marinators fans would have found offensive (me included). Part of growing up. You live and learn .... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt .. for now.

I haven't seen a great deal of him .. is he worth pursuing?

FFC Mariner

Nikos steps up, Elrich (the thinner) and a striker although we may need to look o/s for that ESPECIALLY if we lose Matty in January

dru

Ithuriel said:
D'Apuzzo - Not classed as an U21 player next year and is he really up to youth league standards?
More appropriate question and the answer is still no.

Elrich, Mjrda, D'apuzzo and Clarky to go in the off season. gives us 6 spots to play around with, can't see us off loading any of these in the window though so 2 spots for now.

next season Nikos in for D'apuzzo in terms of U21 and to complete the midfield.

Need to find 2 defenders for next season and 2 strikers who can score goals IMO. Will need a 3rd if Matty goes.

On the defenders maybe Sherlock if he plays well in the youth and someone like Cornthwaite.

Loan deal for the rest of the season for an overseas striker would be good immediately.

scottmac

Suspended
dru said:
Loan deal for the rest of the season for an overseas striker would be good immediately.

Would be good is an understatement. It would be f**kin awesome, especially one that knows where the target is.

Wombat

Mrdja - Gutless and unless he finds form......f**k off you waster.
Clarky- dont insult us. If we haven't got spots for legends like Gumps then dont take the piss Lawrie.
D'Apuzzo -rubbish.
Elrich...........jury is out on this boy big time.

Also wasting spots on current form (and having seen real Footballers like Wee Mac/Doig/Travis) are Porter and Kwas.

Chipperfield pisses on Heff so he wouldn't be his understudy!!!

I'd love Broxham,

No way we would  get the good Elrich but i rate him very highly.

We desperately need a striker and Ifil could fit he bill.

dibo

never forget that you need some cheap and cheerfuls in there.

boys like kwas (*still* the club's record goalscorer) and porter come reasonably cheaply i believe. i'd be surprised if they were on close to travis or weemac's coin. clarky is 'subsidised' by the fact he does fitness and conditioning stuff and didn't do too badly when he's come on this year.

Jesus

Jesus
Wombat said:
Mrdja - Gutless and unless he finds form......f**k off you waster.
Clarky- dont insult us. If we haven't got spots for legends like Gumps then dont take the piss Lawrie.
D'Apuzzo -rubbish.
Elrich...........jury is out on this boy big time.

Also wasting spots on current form (and having seen real Footballers like Wee Mac/Doig/Travis) are Porter and Kwas.

Chipperfield pisses on Heff so he wouldn't be his understudy!!!

I'd love Broxham,

No way we would  get the good Elrich but i rate him very highly.

We desperately need a striker and Ifil could fit he bill.

Porter has been one of our most consistant performers over the past few season, and is not old and rarely gets to play his position. No way i would let him go, even if he wasnt a local.

Would not want broxham personally.

Why does clarky not count as a legend? Clarky runs as hard as gumps ever did, he is a local, has glorious hair, and has improved parts of his game to fit into the team playing out of position. For me clarky would be our puyol if the club had been around 10 more years.

Kwas isnt off contract is he? I would not think he was on too much and is good cover as well as being able to play both wings and up front. He may struggle if we replace elrich with someone of quality on the wing.

Would be very happy with chippers. Could play LM, LB, CB, ST and do the job very well for us. Would not be cheap, but would not be too expensive i think post world cup.

Can we add players overseas off conract after world cup? I heard bres was being targeted by heart (according to the cock), and lucas only has a one year deal.

FFC Mariner

CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2009/10:
#3) Shane Huke - If fit and plays well, retain
#5) Brad Porter - retain, no brainer
#6) David D'Appuzo (u21) - Gooooooooooone
#7) John Hutchinson - would release and replace with Panni N
#8) Dean Heffernan - retain
#9) Nik Mrdja - Goooooooooooone
#11) Dylan McAllister - I would release, cant score goals, never has
#15) Andrew Clark  -probably retire with honour
#16) Nigel Boogard - Keep
#19) Matt Simon - Keep but fear he will go O/S
#21) Ahmad Elrich - Gooooooooone
#22) Nicky Travis (Fgn) - Keep at all costs if we can
#??) Matthew Lewis (u21) - Dunno, young and cheap so maybe take a punt but I dunno
#??) Matthew Crowell - To ealy to tell

So the ones that I would release are:

D'Appuzo
Hutch
Mrdja
Dmac
Clark
Elrich

Assume we keep Matty, we are looking for:

U21 - Panni
3x strikers (Brady could be 1 and he is U21 and cheap)
A defender (Sherlock?)
A Midfielder

My fear is that we may well lose Wee Mac, Travis and Matty. Keep 2 of those 3, replace with 2 decent strikers (maybe the fabled 2010 marquee) and we have a quality squad

dibo

FFC - you'd release Hutch even in his present form? He's basically had one ordinary season and three and a bit good seasons.

coast

Should be negotiating with travis for extension now imo. I guess he would demand a get out clause if scouted by a bigger club (or wanted back at Blades, possibe loan?)

FFC Mariner

dibo said:
FFC - you'd release Hutch even in his present form? He's basically had one ordinary season and three and a bit good seasons.

There is logic and it is only for footballing reasons.

He is playing well this year but I think he would be on good $$. His replacement is already in the yoof team and I suspect will get 1st team exposure this season at some point.

With limited squad size and a salary cap, you have to turn your squad over before they go past their sell by date (a mistake we have made before).

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
dibo said:

He is playing well this year but I think he would be on good $$. His replacement is already in the yoof team and I suspect will get 1st team exposure this season at some point.

With limited squad size and a salary cap, you have to turn your squad over before they go past their sell by date (a mistake we have made before).

he is not on that great money and worth every cent

has enormous loyalty towards lawrie and the club

serious14

marinermick said:
FFC Mariner said:
dibo said:

he is not on that great money and worth every cent

has compromising photo's of lawrie and the board

Fixed.  :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred