• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners squad - 2010/2011 HAL season

dibo

I believe today is the start of an intra-HAL free transfer window (translation: I saw the thread on SFCU and I'm nicking the idea).

I think it's maybe a little fruitless to talk about transfers without a view to what our squad is doing for next season.

There are basic quotas we've got to abide by:

1.  Max 5 foreigners
2.  At least 3 players u21
3.  Max 1 marquee

Here's what our squad basically looks like at the moment (also shamelessly stolen from SFCU, where they've got everyone else's lists too):

[size=18pt]Central Coast Mariners[/size]
*The following 14 players are signed
    - 3 u21
    - 2 Foreign
    - 0 Marquee

[size=12pt]CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2010/11:[/size]
#4) Pedj Bojic
#9) Nik Mrdja
#12) Matthew Lewis (u21)
#14) Michael McGlinchey (Fgn)
#17) Chris Doig (Fgn)
#18) Alex Wilkinson (c)
#23) Adam Kwasnik

[size=12pt]CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2011/12:[/size]
#5) Brad Porter
#19) Matt Simon
#20) Danny Vukovic (gk)
#??) Daniel Mcbreen
#??) Mustafa Amini (u21)

[size=12pt]CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2012/13:[/size]
#1) Matthew Ryan (gk)(u21)
#7)  John Hutchinson

And here are the players across the league who are off-contract at the end of this season (and are therefore likely targets in the window) as listed on SFCU:

Adelaide United
Alemao (Fgn), Cristiano (Fgn), Reid, Jamieson, Barbiero, Rudan, Pantelis,

Brisbane Roar
McCloughlan, Dodd, van Dijk (Fgn), Cernak (u21), McMaster (gk), Smits

Central Coast Mariners
Crowell (Fgn), Huke,  McAllister, Elrich, Travis (Fgn)

Gold Coast United
Jefferson (Fgn), Barisic, Greer (u21), Fitzsimmons, Anderson (Fgn)

Melbourne Victory
Pace, Elasi (u21), Theodore (u21)
[All are confirmed as leaving MVFC]

Newcastle Jets
Costanzo, Milicevic, Song (Fgn), D'Appuzo, Ontong, Vignaroli (Fgn), Naidovski (u21)

North Queensland Fury
Busch, Agius, Kohler, Dodd, Griffiths

Perth Glory
J. Coyne, Todd (Fgn), Harnwell, Sikora (Fgn), Bulloch, Shroj

Sydney FC
Colosimo, Kisel (Fgn), Aloi$i (marquee), Corica, Payne (u21), Necevski (gk)

Wellington Phoenix
McKain, Ferrante, Caceres, Mulligan

-------------------------------------------------------

Confirmed released players and injury replacements
Pace, Elasi (u21), Theodore (u21), Crowell (Fgn), Huke, McAllister, Elrich, A, Travis (Fgn)

Who's coming off contract that you would like to see us put in a bid for?

I'll start off with controversy - I think it'd be great to nab Elrich the younger.

Sym

Wayne freakin' srhoj, maybe Nathan Elasi
and neil young for some tunes...

MagpieMariner

dibo said:
I believe today is the start of an intra-HAL free transfer window (translation: I saw the thread on SFCU and I'm nicking the idea).

[snip]

Who's coming off contract that you would like to see us put in a bid for?

I'll start off with controversy - I think it'd be great to nab Elrich the younger.

How about d'Apuzzo the elder as well, they might be able to stir up their siblings.

dibo

D'Appuzzo the elder is pure pish. I wouldn't touch him with a 10ft clown pole.

MagpieMariner

Seeing we seem to be having problems finding the inside of the net, how about Bertos and Sikora?

We don't have a marquee either, and there's one in Sydney -- I've heard he's not bad, but I can't remember the name.  ::)

priorpeter

dibo said:
There are basic quotas we've got to abide by:

1.  Max 5 foreigners
2.  At least 3 players u21
3.  Max 1 marquee

+ a youth marquee? I'm pretty sure that's still available... I think it has to be a local player under the age of 24.

Ithuriel

The other question is, who do you believe will be released? IMO, unless they improve somewhat, we'd probably be looking at getting rid of:
Mrdja - On account of his unreliability due to injuries and apparent bad attitude
Clarky - He's only there as a cheap squad filler this season anyway. Expected to concentrate fully on his role as the strength and conditioning coach.
D'Apuzzo - Not classed as an U21 player next year and is he really up to A-league standards?

Also, if Elrich doesn't regain his confidence playing out on the wing, we may have to look elsewhere for someone who can get the job done.

priorpeter

Ithuriel said:
The other question is, who do you believe will be released? IMO, unless they improve somewhat, we'd probably be looking at getting rid of:
Mrdja - On account of his epic shitness

D'Apuzzo - Not classed as an U21 player next year and is he really up to A-league standards?

Also, if Elrich doesn't regain his confidence playing out on the wing, we may have to look elsewhere for someone who can eat all the pies

fixed for you.

Ithuriel

priorpeter said:
Ithuriel said:

Also, if Elrich doesn't regain his confidence playing out on the wing, we may have to look elsewhere for someone who can eat all the pies

fixed for you.
Haha, i was trying to be polite  ;D

priorpeter

Ithuriel said:
priorpeter said:
Ithuriel said:

fixed for you.
Haha, i was trying to be polite  ;D

Who needs polite-ness when you have blatant, blunt honesty? ;)

marinermick

the five priorities for us are:
- boogaard
- simon
- heffernan
- hutch
- travis

you'd probably think that elrich, d'apuzzo and mrdja will not be signed

d-mac and porter will be resigned, as will huke and lewis (still under 21)

clarky i suppose is the only one in that list we are not sure but his body could take him around anothr season for sure

crowell's contract depends on this season

pjennings

marinermick said:
the five priorities for us are:
- boogaard
- simon
- heffernan
- hutch
- travis

you'd probably think that elrich, d'apuzzo and mrdja will not be signed

d-mac and porter will be resigned, as will huke and lewis (still under 21)

clarky i suppose is the only one in that list we are not sure but his body could take him around anothr season for sure

crowell's contract depends on this season

Agree with all that but suspect Clarky might not go around again. So out would be
Clark
D'Apuzzo
Elrich
Mrdja

I would bring in 6 including some young ones a returning Socceroo and a lower English league striker on loan.

Panni Nikas (from youth squad)
Chris Payne
Robert Cornthwaite
Tarek Elrich

Scott Chipperfield (at left wing and cover for Heff)
Billy  Sharp (currently on loan at Doncaster from the Blades). I would like to see this guy. A friend of mine raved about him when he was at Sc**thorpe but didn't seem to make it at the Blades. Maybe we can loan him from Sheffield? 

Jesus

Jesus
Payne is from umina but said when he signed with bling he is a big bling fan despite being from the coast. Anyone who says that i dont want.

Will be hard to keep simon i am guessing.

Agree with micks list

Clarkey will probably depend if they find someone better, which they have not in a few seasons now.

Not alot i would go for overly

Moore yes but no chance

Sergio yes but unlikely i would think

Jon McKain definately

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members