• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners squad - 2010/2011 HAL season

scottmac

Suspended
CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2009/10:
#3) Shane Huke - Retain
#5) Brad Porter - Not sure, will he ever get his chance in midfield with LM?
#6) David D'Appuzo (u21) - Release
#7) John Hutchinson - Retain
#8) Dean Heffernan - retain
#9) Nik Mrdja - Release
#11) Dylan McAllister - Retain
#15) Andrew Clark  - Hopefully retires
#16) Nigel Boogard - Retain
#19) Matt Simon - Let him go. If not then try to re-sign for 3 yrs and profit V6
#21) Ahmad Elrich - Release
#22) Nicky Travis (Fgn) - Retain, we need this guy for another season.
#??) Matthew Lewis (u21) - Retain
#??) Matthew Crowell - We have many midfielders, not sure???

Elrich & Mrjda will free up much room in the cap and we must find a goal poacher and a quick striker. We have fallen behind the ability shown in other teams mostly because of Mrjda's situation forcing the hand of the guys handing out the contracts.

I would also like to see a proper RB brought in for cover on that side with Boogs. Porter is not a RB and has been a weakness there playing out of position when Boogs is required centrally. He produces sometimes going forward but is a liability in defence.

I think its no coincedence that our form has turned around at the same time Hutch's has. I think he needs to be retained for another 2 years and i would like to think that if given the chance to finish his career with us he would.

nero

Some great comments.
Would love to see a marquee(striker) come in mid season who can score goals. It work two seasons ago and we won the league. I know this is not going to happen but who knows with the mariners management.
If we can hold our position on the table, why not sell it to the sponsors?

Elrich needs to go or reduce his salary so he can be an optional squad player.
Mrdja same as above.

coast

It did not work 2 seasons ago. From what i recall it was all down hill once we brang the show pony in.

scottmac

Suspended
coast said:
It did not work 2 seasons ago. From what i recall it was all down hill once we brang the show pony in.
If it is Aloisi you refer to then you are wrong. It was all downhill for him once he left. There were a few signs that he was missing what he should not but overall he fitted into our style at that time well and his 7 goals helped us to win the plate.

coast

I'm sure our record was better without Aloisi than it was with, but if i'm wrong, happy to be corrected.

FFC Mariner

marinermick said:
FFC Mariner said:
dibo said:
FFC - you'd release Hutch even in his present form? He's basically had one ordinary season and three and a bit good seasons.

There is logic and it is only for footballing reasons.

He is playing well this year but I think he would be on good $$. His replacement is already in the yoof team and I suspect will get 1st team exposure this season at some point.

With limited squad size and a salary cap, you have to turn your squad over before they go past their sell by date (a mistake we have made before).

he is not on that great money and worth every cent

has enormous loyalty towards lawrie and the club

Hutchos performances this year probably warrant another year (unless he wants to go home now he has his own family?).

Kareem

coast said:
I'm sure our record was better without Aloi$i than it was with, but if i'm wrong, happy to be corrected.
i am pretty sure your right
but IMO Aloisi got us over the line...
and he had no blame in the slump we experienced (the sydney, then perth game...)
He did admittedly suck in finals...but he wasnt the only one

scottmac

Suspended
coast said:
I'm sure our record was better without Aloi$i than it was with, but if i'm wrong, happy to be corrected.

Record before Aloi$i was 5 wins 2 draws 2 losses
            with Aloi$i was 6 wins 2 draws 7 losses

More importantly,
before the 5-4 loss to Sydney with Aloi$i was 4 wins 2 draws 1 loss
  after the 5-4 loss to Sydney with Aloi$i was 2 wins 0 draws 6 losses

Jesus

Jesus
scottmac said:
#3) Shane Huke - Retain
#9) Nik Mrdja - Release
#19) Matt Simon - Let him go. If not then try to re-sign for 3 yrs and profit V6

Elrich & Mrjda will free up much room in the cap and we must find a goal poacher and a quick striker. We have fallen behind the ability shown in other teams mostly because of Mrjda's situation forcing the hand of the guys handing out the contracts.

I would also like to see a proper RB brought in for cover on that side with Boogs. Porter is not a RB and has been a weakness there playing out of position when Boogs is required centrally. He produces sometimes going forward but is a liability in defence.

I think its no coincedence that our form has turned around at the same time Hutch's has. I think he needs to be retained for another 2 years and i would like to think that if given the chance to finish his career with us he would.

Retain huke who has played 5 games for the club, and was dropped to the bench in that time, but ditch porter who is versatile, a local, and has played well in a number of positions for years and is still young?

bjw

bjw
scottmac said:
#3) Shane Huke - Retain
#9) Nik Mrdja - Release

...let simon go??

Kareem

1) I'd get rid of McKinna before Huke...dunno why you would drop him to bench for
2) I dont think Scott Mac suggested ditching Porter. Just we are trying to improve the team. At worst I think we can all be content with Porter as a squad player...? And if he raises to the challenge, then good for him & us!

FFC Mariner

Kareem said:
1) I'd get rid of McKinna before Huke...dunno why you would drop him to bench for

Huke, relatively untried and played non league in the UK verses a coach who has got us to the finals 3 times in 4 years, 2 grand finals and the ACL?

Also the coach who nurtured Boogs, Danny, Matty Simon and looks like he got the nick of the century in Wee Mac?

Brilliant

:headbutt:

Kareem

FFC Mariner said:
Kareem said:

Huke, relatively untried and played non league in the UK verses a coach who has got us to the finals 3 times in 4 years, 2 grand finals and the ACL?

Also the coach who nurtured Boogs, Danny, Matty Simon and looks like he got the nick of the century in Wee Mac?

Brilliant

:headbutt:
so wat I'm biased
i could just as easily come up with more lines to counteract that (ie. all his mistakes)
But as much as I want to get McKinna out...there are several players easily out of the door before him...it was a scale of sorts :p
I'm just shit scared if Hutch goes out of form again...
is anything going to change or are we going to wait for his form to come back (sure irrelevent now, but I have seen nothing whatsoever to suggest any change to v4)

Forum Phoenix

Re sign Matty for 3 years then exercise the Smeltz buy out clause offering him a marquee spot with us for the next two years. Sure the jets nice... but double his current wage would be pretty hard to turn down... He was willing to leave Aus and all the GCU Bling behind for around 600k rumoured in oil money...

Matty + Smeltz  +
current mariners squad

Jesus

Jesus
Kareem said:
2) I dont think Scott Mac suggested ditching Porter. Just we are trying to improve the team. At worst I think we can all be content with Porter as a squad player...? And if he raises to the challenge, then good for him & us!

If he says keep huke, and porter maybe, then he says huke before porter. Personally i like huke, but have not seen enough of him to prefer him to porter in the midfield, and certainly he is not as versatile

scottmac

Suspended
Jesus said:
Retain huke who has played 5 games for the club, and was dropped to the bench in that time, but ditch porter who is versatile, a local, and has played well in a number of positions for years and is still young?

I never said ditch Porter, i said i dont know about him. Calling him versatile is a big stretch. He is a liability in defence and having him at RB was only ever a stop gap measure.

If given the chance to play in his position in the midfield for a time i am sure he could become a good player for us, BUT do you see him getting that chance anytime soon? Most of the players brought in this off season play in the midfield. If he was ever going to be given a chance there it would have been now. Will he benefit sitting on the bench (if he even gets there once Huke and Crowell get up to fitness or (God help us) Elrich pulls his finger out) for the rest of this season and next?

brennan said:
...let simon go??

If he is offered something else, why not? Like i said, if not then sign him up again and get someone in to help him (and us) out.

mariners4ever

scottmac said:
brennan said:
...let simon go??

If he is offered something else, why not? Like i said, if not then sign him up again and get someone in to help him (and us) out.

dont let him go as such, sign him for the next few years then a if a decent offer comes in, take the cash

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred