• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Announce Partnership with Sheffield United??

kevrenor

Geez Dibo, don't bring that development back up in polite company!

However if one was to plan something like this at a plastic table outside Joes Pizza it makes a lot of developer sense. 

For now I'd be happy with a small makeover of BT and we get 20,000 every game.

skilbeck

yeah while id like to have a stadium that looks like that in perhaps my life time, i reckon its a pipe dream atm

P

Pete

dibo said:
slightly less wild speculation (but still speculation nonetheless) - gosford racecourse bought up, council assists by rezoning other land up somersby way for the racecourse (bookies at the track aren't where the money is now, the money comes from TAB receipts so racing could essentially be on mars for all it matters). land that the racecourse stands on, plus brownfields sites on the eastern side of racecourse road converted into massive leisure/retail/commercial precinct with the stadium as an essential part.

while this sounds like a crazy idea, it's exactly the sort of thing that would be talked about if we were to make a serious world cup bid. lowy's talking about 16 stadiums - almost certainly there would be one in gosford/central coast.

think about the old oasis precinct that was once planned for liverpool and you're on the right track.

oasis.gif

1) Somersby would be way off the beaten track (pardon the pun) for a arcecourse.

No public transport within coo-ee. Gosford Race Club wouldn't buy the proposal, but they are weakened by the EI quarantine and racing is slowing down a hell of a lot in recent times.

2) Are you sure that the likes of Lowy would want a WC stadium at Gosford?

Even tho it's only spicey speculation that the Lowy factor can influence games involving Sydney, if you believe that, then you'd believe he would want as many games as possible in Sydney. And that he couldn't give a toss about Gosford. If that is so, then until he's completely off the FFA board and his family trust long divested themselves of the interest in Bling FC, there will always be the push for Sydney to our detriment.

3) Oasis Development = Canterbury Bulldogs & Liverpool Council in serious strife and damn near cited for corruption IIRC. Do you really think the Mariners have to go that far to get ahead? I hope not!

P

Pete

That photo above shows that if a developer can buy the land off the State Govt, (for the school next to Georgiana Tce) and buy the land behind the school that is currently used for RL practice (also on Georgiana Tce), there'd be enough room for a bigger stadium complex. Convert existing Bluetongue to training facilities and parking station. But I can't see that happening any time soon.

SNOWMARINER

I like the racecourse idea. It's big enough and could leave BT for training and I hate to even say it, if the rumour of NRL expansion turns into an unwanted reality, they could use it so as not to ruin the pitch for the important CC ball code.

SNOWMARINER

taylor said:
I don't like the concept of them being able to nab our players

It could prove to be an issue. It could also work in our favour with young blokes from SU and the other clubs in the arrangement proving themselves on a loan deal so long as the scouting is though and could provide an avenue for what IMO is a lack of quality avaliable defenders in Australia at the moment and with danny out we will need good fast defenders if we are to do well in V4.

rosko

For those interested, Sheffield are about to start on ESPN in a FA Cup Replay with Middlesbrough..  :headbounce:

Ursus

skilbeck said:
if i may ask, what actually happened between spirit and rangers i was never a fan of aussie domestic football until 2005, i preferred SPL, la liga and bundesliga before then

The Spirit deal involved Rangers buying a share of Spirit and injecting cash. After one season Rangers went finanances went downhill and they baliled out basically by just cutting off the funds. There were benefits.
I see this partnership deal as something different and something that could benefit all concerned if run properly.
The benefits for Spirit was that 2 young players (cannot remember who went over on loan for a while and tried out) in return we got the loan of a young striker, Steve Dobi (sp?), who while he was here was the best striker in the NSL. I suspect the deal also led to Fergie playing with Spirit when he came to Australia, which I believe led to Stewart Petrie following. Please others correct me if I am wrong in my understanding.
Maybe this Scottish flavour then enticed Lawrie. Who knows?

Do not write this off there could be great benefits if handled correctly.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I tell ya what...I'm liking that racecourse theory AND i'm with Ursus...dont crap all over it, if this works...it will be huge for the mariners
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

kepo

climbo said:
ESPN shows "our" boys just lost 1-0, own goal by the GK, anyone watch it? 
i wouldn't bother spending your free time watch rubbish off espn....
Go to fox sports news... 100% better
ESPN are too busy worring about spanish football and bad coverage of the FA cup

dibo

climbo said:
ESPN shows "our" boys just lost 1-0, own goal by the GK, anyone watch it? 

watched much of the second half and extra time - they were mostly outclassed but boro couldn't finish. didn't keep possession well at all and looked to hoof it forward as often as possible. that said, they also possibly created the better of the chances though one of their best came from a deflection off a boro defender's head.

the goal was a joke - shot comes in, blades man dives across it, his arm knocks it down and it bounces over the keeper, hits the frame, bounces back behind the sprawling gloveman who tries to scoop it away with his hand and manages only to knock it into his own net. as the espn caller said 'all that was missing was the custard pie at the end'.

dibo

on another note, a mate of mine who's a sydney and sheffield utd fan was saying to me last night that he'd only been a mariners fan for a few hours and he hated it already. i told him at least he wasn't a mariner about 7pm sunday - that was the worst thing ever...

it's all up from here for both clubs though - we're in the champions league and they're going to be promoted again.

kevrenor

dibo said:
on another note, a mate of mine who's a sydney and sheffield utd fan was saying to me last night that he'd only been a mariners fan for a few hours and he hated it already. i told him at least he wasn't a mariner about 7pm sunday - that was the worst thing ever... <snipped>

Well a mate of mine who is a Sydney FC fan but well inclined to us is a rabid Sheffield Wednesday fan ... could make conversation frosty!  :ashamed:

That is the down side of these arrangements .. though with Ferencvaros in the camp perhaps Les Murray will become a closet Mariners fan!  ;D

loyalist

dibo said:
on another note, a mate of mine who's a sydney and sheffield utd fan was saying to me last night that he'd only been a mariners fan for a few hours and he hated it already. i told him at least he wasn't a mariner about 7pm sunday - that was the worst thing ever...

it's all up from here for both clubs though - we're in the champions league and they're going to be promoted again.
they wont be for a few more seasons :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred