• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Announce Partnership with Sheffield United??

Gav...

FOREVER_GOLD said:
mariners4evachamps said:
is that partnership still going or did f**kwit con f**k that up too....

no, it's still going.  con CREATED that partnership.

if you wanna talk about f**king things up, you guys f**ked up yesterday and in 2006.

well aleast we arent going to lose quality players because of that tool... at least our owner(s) take full advantages of situations to keep quality players

FFC Mariner

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm we shall see, the most interesting news is the JV with PT.

As for Forever gold??

I'd go with 15
Dad = No idea (they narrowed it down to about 8 possibles)
Mum = Crack Ho
Education = Year 5 (3x)
House = Flits between care homes and mum and "uncles"
Skin = Spotty
Hobbys = Glue sniffing, graffiti and hanging out at da skate park

greenpoint

FOREVER_GOLD said:
gypsy, we signed a partnership with new utd. (english team) when we were also called newcastle united in the NSL..

forever_gold, i didn't think that partnership arrangement between the newcastle uniteds was ever formally signed.

there was talk about it when sir john hall was chairman of newcastle united, but as far as I know it didn't go anywhere.

i'm happy to be proven wrong.

cheers. 

marconigirl

http://www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10418~1250361,00.html
from Sheffield United's home page...

lol, I love how they make us sound...
The Mariners, who feature a number of Australian internationals, were Premiers of this year's Hyundai A-League in Australia. They missed out by a single goal to Newcastle Jets in the end of season Grand Final this weekend, a game covered by Sky Sports. They have qualified for the Asia Cup, the equivalent of Europe's Champion's League.

adz

Staff member
The Blades and the Mariners to mastermind the redevelopment of land within the confines of the stadium and beyond in order to develop new revenue streams through leisure and retail facilities.

eh?

sounds interesting....

dibo

You fill up my senses
Like a gallon of Bluetongue
Like a packet of Winfields
Like a good pinch of snuff
Like night out at Troppo
Like a Monty's chip butty
Central Coast Mariners
Come thrill me again....
Na Na Na Naa Naa Naaaaa, ooo!

???

marconigirl

I like it Dibo...

Sheffield United forum, they have a posting about us, unfortunatly you have to pay 10 quid to post but funny to read...
http://www.bladesunited.org/

# Perfect for us... - Musical Blade - 26/02/2008 11:33

# ..they lost the A League final at the weekend to Newcastle (Jets, not Comedy Club) after being denied a blatant penalty in the last minute of injury time. The keeper was then sent off for slapping the ref and has received a 15 month ban (six of them suspended).

I like 'em already.

:)

skilbeck

dont think you can blame the downfall of the knights and football kingz on the partnership. I feel it was more due to the fact that it is a touch harder to market football in NZ than Australia

FFC Mariner

adz said:
The Blades and the Mariners to mastermind the redevelopment of land within the confines of the stadium and beyond in order to develop new revenue streams through leisure and retail facilities.

eh?

sounds interesting....

Bay 16, roof, bar, carpets.................or maybe the grass out the back is a gonner???

Be afraid bowlers and Palm trees, be very afraid (I know they have a heritage order but Morris might import some of his Wollongong mates to help the council out??)

Paolo

now if only we can drop mariners from our name and just be Central Coast United instead ;) :eek:verhead:

dibo

Greenpoleffc said:
adz said:

eh?

sounds interesting....

Bay 16, roof, bar, carpets.................or maybe the grass out the back is a gonner???

Be afraid bowlers and Palm trees, be very afraid (I know they have a heritage order but Morris might import some of his Wollongong mates to help the council out??)

hmmm... i think there's something a bit off target here.

the present stadium is a public stadium on public land, privately managed. so it could be that that's about to change - privatising the stadium, or otherwise perhaps allowing singo, turnbull and the club something like a 50 year lease on the stadium and surrounds and essentially freehold rights to develop it.

if not then i think they're either talking about bramall lane or otherwise they must be considering a new privately owned stadium (i.e. what most clubs in the UK have). given that you've got a limited number of gamedays per year and we don't have anything like the ticketing revenues to make it work, you'd have to buy up a large portion of land and reserve some of it for a stadium development while holding a significant proportion of the rest for various retail, commercial, and tourist purposes.

dibo

universalmind said:
could the leagues club be bought out?

it's a club - it'd have to be by resolution of the members. i doubt that would happen, i think more likely the club would take a stake in the development.

in a more practical problem, there's simply not a lot of room on the stadium or leagues club sites. unless you knocked the whole lot down and started again (building over Dane Drive and Georgiana Terrace and ate up half of Leagues Clup Park as well).

googleearthviewofstadiurk1.jpg

universalmind

How many people that attend the football do you reckon are members of the leagues club? Enough for a majority? Without the football the club would be in a wee bit of trouble.

skilbeck

an expansion is stupid in the current location as there is no additional parking for the extra seating. this would involve taking over Gosford CBD, though the Mariners and the football is the only decent thing in or near Gosford CBD

FFC Mariner

Nightmare scenario.

New stadium built halfway between here and scumville.

Groundshare and cut Singo out.

Cons solves his EAS issues and we get more revenue.

0.0001% but Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dibo

slightly less wild speculation (but still speculation nonetheless) - gosford racecourse bought up, council assists by rezoning other land up somersby way for the racecourse (bookies at the track aren't where the money is now, the money comes from TAB receipts so racing could essentially be on mars for all it matters). land that the racecourse stands on, plus brownfields sites on the eastern side of racecourse road converted into massive leisure/retail/commercial precinct with the stadium as an essential part.

while this sounds like a crazy idea, it's exactly the sort of thing that would be talked about if we were to make a serious world cup bid. lowy's talking about 16 stadiums - almost certainly there would be one in gosford/central coast.

think about the old oasis precinct that was once planned for liverpool and you're on the right track.

oasis.gif

skilbeck

it just feels like BT stadium wouldve been a terrible waste of money as about 10-12 years is a very short stadium life

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred