• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Announce Partnership with Sheffield United??

serious14

Will wait until later today and the press conference before I comment too much, but my initial feelings are "ummmmmmmmm......... not sure".

All will be revealed I s'pose.

FFC Mariner

I expect this was set up when LG went to the UK a little while ago (remember the Dwight Yorke stories).

Be interesting to see how much we have sold access to our youth academies for.

Very doubtful about the merits of this TBH

uncleyellow

I hope not, Im not a SU fan really... For our club to make partnerships that may alienate some fans doesnt sound like a decision they would make to me. More so I hope they wouldn't, all my family are from manchester, and I only follow one english club.

Bear

The Knights had a partnership with Charlton Athletic when they were around. Good lot it did them tho

loyalist

i assume we'll get young players on loan from there whilst they have first option on our players

RADINHO

tyson said:
i dont understand... what form of partnership?
Being an international link it probably involves Sheffield allowed to loan any players with wages fully paid up by Sheffield and the benefit for them is they have first bidding options if any hot talent comes out of club.

kepo

RADINHO said:
tyson said:
i dont understand... what form of partnership?
Being an international link it probably involves Sheffield allowed to loan any players with wages fully paid up by Sheffield and the benefit for them is they have first bidding options if any hot talent comes out of club.
glory and man city have one,
AUFC and Miami FC have one too

marconigirl

http://sportal.com.au/football-news-display/blades-link-up-with-mariners-43896
Blades link up with Mariners
26/02/2008 4:23:19 PM
Bren O'Brien
Sportal

Sheffield United has linked up with the Central Coast Mariners in a partnership both clubs hope will benefit them both in player development and corporate backing.

The Mariners have joined three other clubs in forming a co-operation agreement with the Blades, a deal which will see Central Coast players be given opportunities to play with the Championship side or sister clubs Chengdu in China, Ferencvaros in Hungary and Royal White Star in Belgium. Brazilian giant Sao Paulo is expected to sign on to a partnership in the next few months.

Sheffield United Chairman Kevin McCabe said Australia was an excellent market for the Blades to get involved with and the Mariners were the right match for the club.

"Football is the global game. Make no bones about it, this is a fantastic sporting nation, but if I see one thing clear is the evolution of this form of football as THE sport for Australia is compelling. It will overtake all the other sports in popularity, and it will overtake all the other sports in terms of what footballers can earn," he said.

"The Australian athlete is equipped to play football at a very high level and that's been demonstrated in the English leagues as well as in Europe in beyond."

"The spirit of the Mariners is very much similar to the spirit of Sheffield United. It's a club that wants to go places, it's a club that realises it can't stay where it is. It has to closely examine what it wants from football to be the best."

For Mariners executive chairman Lyall Gorman, the opportunity to work hand in hand with one of the iconic clubs of English football was too good to refuse.

"I visited the club last December ....and came away incredibly impressed and we knew from that day that we'd found the perfect partner in terms of us enhancing and achieving our own goals," he said.

"This is not just about a relationship with a club in terms of Sheffield United. Sheffield United has an interest in three or four clubs globally. What it does for us is open up an incredible pipeline of opportunity to either send our young guys along on exchange programs, send our senior guys to other clubs on loans. What we are embracing here is a global network it's not just about our partnership with Sheffield United," he said.

The corporate aspect of the deal sees the respective real estate development companies of McCabe and Central Coast Mariners investor and deputy chairman Peter Turnbull join forces to form a new development company, whose profits will in turn benefit the Mariners.

sorjesk

aargh - i farkin hate sheffield united. dirty pigs. feck. now just to make my day why don't wednesday go and sign an agreement with tards fc so i can go hang myself. ffs

georgemladenov

I see the benefits with a possible partnership with Sao Paolo player wise, hell even some Hungarian talent from Ferencvaros or Chinese from Chengdu would be interesting, but to be honest I'm skeptical about what Sheffield United will offer us in return. We will be treated as second class citizens by a mid-table Championship side. They will pillage our up and coming youngsters on either Bosmans or Carneyesque fees, whilst likely offering Darren Bazely and Neil Emblen type players wanting to come to the A-League once they're not up to Championship standard anymore.

Hopefully Im wrong. Perhaps they might use Australia as a destination for players waiting for an English work-permit (like how ManU used that Belgian club for Dong F.) or to test the waters for possible signings and their adaptability to a more physical league.

A pre-season tournament featuring the 6 club alliance would be a positive though.

mariners4evachamps said:
it just shows are club is trying to get someone unlike some clubs not metiong any names!!!!!

gypsy, we signed a partnership with new utd. (english team) when we were also called newcastle united in the NSL..

mariners4evachamps said:
is that partnership still going or did f**kwit con f**k that up too....

no, it's still going.  con CREATED that partnership.

if you wanna talk about f**king things up, you guys f**ked up yesterday and in 2006.

tyson

haha, adz, prepare... i think we are going to have the little mongrels going on about their glorious 30 minutes for quite some time.

especially if they fall apart as expected and dont win for a long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred