• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Announce Partnership with Sheffield United??

shift2

SNOWMARINER said:
taylor said:
I don't like the concept of them being able to nab our players

It could prove to be an issue. It could also work in our favour with young blokes from SU and the other clubs in the arrangement proving themselves on a loan deal so long as the scouting is though and could provide an avenue for what IMO is a lack of quality avaliable defenders in Australia at the moment and with danny out we will need good fast defenders if we are to do well in V4.

"Nab" is not the right word, the deal is that they simply get first right to bid on the players when WE decide they are up for sale. They can't say "We want Hutch, hand him over".

The beauty of the deal is that we will get young guys not just from Sheffield, but also Brazil as well as older players from China and other European countries.

I don't see it as much a partnership with Sheffield as much as it is joining a network of clubs around the world, it just happens to be organised by McCabe.

Also, I agree with the stadium, how do they expect to have any development of Bluetongue? There is like 2 metres of room!!!

fedelta

shift2 said:
SNOWMARINER said:
taylor said:
I don't like the concept of them being able to nab our players

It could prove to be an issue. It could also work in our favour with young blokes from SU and the other clubs in the arrangement proving themselves on a loan deal so long as the scouting is though and could provide an avenue for what IMO is a lack of quality avaliable defenders in Australia at the moment and with danny out we will need good fast defenders if we are to do well in V4.

"Nab" is not the right word, the deal is that they simply get first right to bid on the players when WE decide they are up for sale. They can't say "We want Hutch, hand him over".

The beauty of the deal is that we will get young guys not just from Sheffield, but also Brazil as well as older players from China and other European countries.

I don't see it as much a partnership with Sheffield as much as it is joining a network of clubs around the world, it just happens to be organised by McCabe.

Also, I agree with the stadium, how do they expect to have any development of Bluetongue? There is like 2 metres of room!!!

Ohh ok. I was thinking that they could take the players

greenpoint

They're gonna come looking for Danny (yeah, yeah, post-suspension) following this howler by Sheffield United's keeper against Middlesbrough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtCXEHRaQ4k

Jocwa08

does this mean its a one on one partnership or are there other clubs involved ?
Perth have like a 5 club partnership

fedelta

http://www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10418~1250361,00.html

Known as the Yellows (because of the colour of the club shirt), the Mariners were formed in 2004 as one of eight clubs to part in the A-League which was launched in 2005. Based at Gosford, on the central New South Wales coast, has a 20,000 capacity ground by the name of the Blue Tongue Central Coast Stadium.

Haha..Up the Yellows!

adz

Staff member
cooooooooooooooooome ooooooooooooooooon yoooooooooooooooou yelloooooooooooooooooow

Jeff (LouMacari)

Apparently, there are some slight 'misconceptions' on here with regard to our recent agreement with Sheffield Utd (according to a certain P Turnbull)

He said he would be very pleased to elaborate and clear up any issues on the matter during our Marinators Club end of season party on the 8th March.

As many of you know, this is a Mariator Club members only party, and only a few places left. For those of you recent new members, if you would like to come along, send pm to DJ to book your place.

For those of you who have already booked, please make sure you have your new 'blue' CCLC card at the ready to indicate your paid up membership!

MattSimon

Now is the perfect time to unleash a chain of chip butty franchises throughout the Central Coast that I have been working on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred