• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Macarthur Bulls MW11 - Pink Round

Big Al

There has been some rumblings about our Visa players over the last month or so and not much of a mention yet about last night however I would like to point out their contributions.

Urena, best game for us so far and the first goal was superb play started from Captain Olly and Urena and Simon are working really well together and I feel Urena has been a huge part of Simon's resurgence and to SImon's credit he has been good enough to put it in the net and I would love to see him score 10+ this season which is a real possibility given how much of the season is left. Urena also played some superb passes around the box and could've had more assists to his name. He is a real problem for defences as he has the vision and quality to assist and if your not careful to also have a good shot on goal. He is going to be so important for us for the rest of the season and is playing his role perfectly, he does not need to score 10 if he can assist with 10 in my opinion. His attitude also seems spot on.

Janota, made an impact when he came on and broke down a lot of the Cows play and of course earned the turnover to start the play for the final goal which I was also impressed with Kuol and his maturity to assist Hatch and not go for the glory shot. I feel Janota is improving and will be a valuable player at the pointy end of the season he is just taking a bit longer to adjust. I felt we got some momentum back when Janota came on and his defence was top shelf as well as his hold up play. He looks happy which is important as Staj is making him earn his place which not all Visa players would be that accepting of so credit to him.

Therefore both our Visa players played important roles in the two goals last night.

On another note I feel having 4 yellows impacted Kuol's energy last night, he didn't seem his normal energizer bunny but as mentioned the maturity to assist Hatch speaks volumes on what he could become. He hasn't let his new fame go to his head and he was thinking as a team player. Well done to the staff and leaders in the team to keep him grounded.

I love the fact that the Cows haven't scored against us in 180 mins of football. I'm learning to trust our defence however I still get very nervous and we gave over the ball way to easy last night. I think the Cows learnt from our last game and interrupted a lot of our direct attack which compounded the possession stat however the pitch did look slow which helped their tactic.

So hard to pick a MOTM and to be honest that is most of our games you can easily pick 4 or 5 that are worthy. I went Urena.

Great to see Hatch get that goal, a great moment in the memory bank.
Excellent comment.
Especially with the kids and the crowd getting excited just when he is warming up. Very easy as that roar every time he is near the ball comes along not to he a hero. While it wasn’t the cleanest assist it was exactly on the money and the right decision.
If am Staj I’d be very very happy with that assist and that he didn’t blast for glory. I think he has been excellent all season in knowing when to have a go and when to assist which is very hard for a striker.

Ironbark

Some thoughts on the game.

For a large part of the game I thought we were missing the fire in the belly to close down the opposition player on the ball as we had in most previous games. As a result we also weren't always first to 2nd balls. It concerned me for a while.

Then it became clear - Staj knew full well he was playing against Okonball and planned to be calm and patient. Let them have it until the front third, close in tight and only let through wild crosses, if at all. It worked too. Ideally I imagine the lan was to run over the top of them with our superior fitness at the end.

I'm loving having a tailored game plan for every opponent. Staj is a tactician, and a master one at that!

scoober

For a large part of the game I thought we were missing the fire in the belly to close down the opposition player on the ball as we had in most previous games. As a result we also weren't always first to 2nd balls. It concerned me for a while.

Then it became clear - Staj knew full well he was playing against Okonball and planned to be calm and patient. Let them have it until the front third, close in tight and only let through wild crosses, if at all. It worked too. Ideally I imagine the lan was to run over the top of them with our superior fitness at the end.

I'm loving having a tailored game plan for every opponent. Staj is a tactician, and a master one at that!
Yeh this is spot on. Staj said in the presser after that they knew the cows would have a lot of possession, but they looked to make sure they squeezed them when they tried to play 'effective possession' meaning when they actually looked to do something with the ball, they would shut them down quickly.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Good observation. Yeah, we seemed to play like a different team to how we've approached quite a few other games - but it wasn't a matter of scrambling while the other team dictated terms (like the end of the PG match). Just a different approach. Being able to do well with different approaches makes us really hard to deal with - and speaks volumes about the confidence and maturity that has been imparted onto the team in the off-season - and credit also needs to go to the rest of the coaching staff, and no doubt everybody in the team who has a leader role.

Urena had a few really dangerous balls. He's linking in quite well with Simon.

Forum Phoenix

Last night I had this weird dream that the Mariners went from perennial wooden spooners to leading the A-league by seven points, and knocking off the second-best team with a goal by the Wizard of Woy Woy, and another from an ex-ball boy who scored in 25 seconds with his first touch, making him the fastest debut goal scorer in Australian domestic football history.

Oh, wait....

Celery the dream was real, but you can forget the six year nightmare you’ve just woken from. Never happened,

MrCelery

How long till we see you back in Bay 16? :)
It's been a while.
Yes, it's been a while. Would love to come back. Have had some serious health issues to deal with. That, combined with flogging down the highway for the last four seasons finally took its toll. COVID was the last straw. Almost too scared to attend in case I jinx the team now!

Jimmy

Yes, it's been a while. Would love to come back. Have had some serious health issues to deal with. That, combined with flogging down the highway for the last four seasons finally took its toll. COVID was the last straw. Almost too scared to attend in case I jinx the team now!
Sorry to hear that mate.
On behalf of everyone in Bay 16 that you're familiar with, I wish you all the best in health and hope that one day things are well enough for you to make a return now and then.
First drinks on me.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I am back to thinking he is a pretender. I guess I should have more patience with the lad. He did some good running but can't shoot and is a defensive shocker. Bouman didn't cover him this week the way Nizz did last week.
Janota was a lot better (than Bouman in that winger position) I thought.
Sure Stef had a few iffy moments but he had what, four or five shots at goal ...that’s not bad...couple going in would of been good but still

Allreet?

Sure Stef had a few iffy moments but he had what, four or five shots at goal ...that’s not bad...couple going in would of been good but still
He's not paid to shoot...

I was more annoyed with his terrible passing in the first half when he had the chance several times to put a team mate away (especially Bouman). Much improved in the second half but shouldn't be hitting speculators from 25 metres - should be looking for those channel runs.

@First Place Problems

Ancient Mariner

Hang in there Celery it would be great to see you and some of the old names back.
If you feel you health is not up to Bay 16 I can recommend the "Prawn Sandwich Heights", much more genteel.
As for your jinx worry, I think the "Tipping Curse of the Ancient Mariner" is strong enough to counter it. So far it has only been defeated by the effort of dark side referees using that most diabolical dark side weapon "The VAR".

Michael

I’m loving Marco
Andy Harper was losing his mind in love of Marco last night. The sharper he gets the better he is. One to keep for a few seasons hopefully.
I don’t think we play the style that suits Janota but he seems to be enjoying himself and does a brilliant job FOR the team and not for himself which a lot of foreigners that come here do. Both top of the pile visa players, Staj and whoever else was involved in getting them deserve all the plaudits.

FFC Mariner

Having reflected on last night, I thought our passing was off compared to previous weeks and that might have been the terrible pitch. f**k you council - even your precious NRL will suffer on that pitch, far more chance of an injury.
Urena in the free role behind the GOAT obviously has been given the license to use his flicks and tricks and is he our Berbatov? As Ive been saying for a while, we are going to absolutely flog someone sooner or later. Scarily for the other 11 clubs I'm not sure we have fully clicked yet.
Nigro probably wasnt brought in to be 1st choice at right back, remember we had the popular "winner" when he signed. He was awful in the first half but battled back well I thought. Miller probably isnt the answer and it would be nice to see Hall given a start at RB to see how he goes.
I loved Kuols response to Milligan. His hit on the young bloke in their 1st challenge was so well done. Years of bastardry to hammer the young upstart. Next challenge, Kuol nearly takes his head off and Milligan felt it as well. He was groggy for a few minutes.
Lastly, the Bulls. Expensive Okon side. Boring, one dimensional rubbish from what is actually a really good squad. Remember when we were upset to lose McGing? Rose is like a shit Mitch Austin.
Onwards and upwards

LFCMariners

Having reflected on last night, I thought our passing was off compared to previous weeks and that might have been the terrible pitch. f**k you council - even your precious NRL will suffer on that pitch, far more chance of an injury.
Urena in the free role behind the GOAT obviously has been given the license to use his flicks and tricks and is he our Berbatov? As Ive been saying for a while, we are going to absolutely flog someone sooner or later. Scarily for the other 11 clubs I'm not sure we have fully clicked yet.
Nigro probably wasnt brought in to be 1st choice at right back, remember we had the popular "winner" when he signed. He was awful in the first half but battled back well I thought. Miller probably isnt the answer and it would be nice to see Hall given a start at RB to see how he goes.
I loved Kuols response to Milligan. His hit on the young bloke in their 1st challenge was so well done. Years of bastardry to hammer the young upstart. Next challenge, Kuol nearly takes his head off and Milligan felt it as well. He was groggy for a few minutes.
Lastly, the Bulls. Expensive Okon side. Boring, one dimensional rubbish from what is actually a really good squad. Remember when we were upset to lose McGing? Rose is like a shit Mitch Austin.
Onwards and upwards
After how last night turned out, I'm hoping this game comes against any one of:

Jest
Roar
WSW
Victory

And CCM win 9-0.

booney

Janota is a very clever pro and knows how to defend as well as work in attack,though we have not seen as much of this side of his game so far,apart from the fantastic steal leading to Hatch's goal.

Again an outstanding team effort and smart tactical plan from Staj.He is able to work out the correct tactics for each team we have played so far.Looking forward to our game with Roar whenever that is as they are a bogey team for us ever since those epic clashes when Ange and Arnie went head to head.

As others have said Beath had a good game-not his usual arrogant style he has adopted towards us in the past couple of seasons.Maybe we are now regarded as a BIG team so decisions go our way( Adelaide game was an exception)-haha.

Big Al

Janota is a very clever pro and knows how to defend as well as work in attack,though we have not seen as much of this side of his game so far,apart from the fantastic steal leading to Hatch's goal.

Again an outstanding team effort and smart tactical plan from Staj.He is able to work out the correct tactics for each team we have played so far.Looking forward to our game with Roar whenever that is as they are a bogey team for us ever since those epic clashes when Ange and Arnie went head to head.

As others have said Beath had a good game-not his usual arrogant style he has adopted towards us in the past couple of seasons.Maybe we are now regarded as a BIG team so decisions go our way( Adelaide game was an exception)-haha.
His pass to Koul on the goal was perfect as well

style_cafe

I can`t help but feel each game we play is just a piece of the jigsaw puzzle that will serve us well at the pointy end of the season.
Playing the ball back to the opposition and defending for long periods, now seems a comfortable thing to do, almost as if it`s a training run.
The way we hold them in the middle third and become aggressive as they push towards our goal or when the occasion suits we explode onto their goal, just to me feels like Staj is really preparing the lads for the tougher games to come....:popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb