• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Macarthur Bulls MW11 - Pink Round

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

7 points clear....f**k that's sexy. Even with the games in hand of other teams, we're clearly in first.

Was a big win yesterday. We just went out there and did our job - to handle a game like that with so much maturity and confidence again shows our real self-belief; at the start of the season some were a bit concerned that we may have just started strong with adrenalin, but it's clear it's a lot more than that.

So many neutrals on reddit are thrilled to see this as well, and enjoying the football we're playing.

Hatch's goal was the stuff dreams are made of - but that pass from Kuol; unselfish and just absolutely perfect. Good luck to Hatch in the future.

Beating 2nd place by 2 goals with a clean sheet is massive.

Urena - just putting in some sexy balls early on too.

And you always love to see the Wizard of Woy Woy score at home.

Allreet?

Federici is damn good keeper. I was relived when Matty got the deflection so early on in the game becuase I thought he would be hard to beat but did feel a bit sorry for Federici.
Me too. I feel he's probably not quite been appreciated by Socceroos fans for his level, so good to see him going well in the A-League. I reckon he probably would've saved Matty's shot if not deflected.

Allreet?

I've hated Beath in the past (with good reason) but I suspect he was aware of what happened re ADL and was positively trying to be fair (rather than just give it to the small club because you know they're gonna lose).

Reading back over that last sentence, it annoys me greatly that a referee should have to TRY to be fair.

LFCMariners

so the crowd was 5005 i think . looked the biggest crowd i've seen this year .
the ccl car park looked almost full . bay 16 had a voice .
how good was the kids running the fence as kuol was doing his warm up .

how good is it to be top of the league

You just made me picture the PM in a Hawaiian shirt, beer in hand with that goofy expression on his face. Well done.

onto it

Nigro had a shocking first half but was much much better in the 2nd half.
I am back to thinking he is a pretender. I guess I should have more patience with the lad. He did some good running but can't shoot and is a defensive shocker. Bouman didn't cover him this week the way Nizz did last week.
Janota was a lot better (than Bouman in that winger position) I thought.

Tevor

There has been some rumblings about our Visa players over the last month or so and not much of a mention yet about last night however I would like to point out their contributions.

Urena, best game for us so far and the first goal was superb play started from Captain Olly and Urena and Simon are working really well together and I feel Urena has been a huge part of Simon's resurgence and to SImon's credit he has been good enough to put it in the net and I would love to see him score 10+ this season which is a real possibility given how much of the season is left. Urena also played some superb passes around the box and could've had more assists to his name. He is a real problem for defences as he has the vision and quality to assist and if your not careful to also have a good shot on goal. He is going to be so important for us for the rest of the season and is playing his role perfectly, he does not need to score 10 if he can assist with 10 in my opinion. His attitude also seems spot on.

Janota, made an impact when he came on and broke down a lot of the Cows play and of course earned the turnover to start the play for the final goal which I was also impressed with Kuol and his maturity to assist Hatch and not go for the glory shot. I feel Janota is improving and will be a valuable player at the pointy end of the season he is just taking a bit longer to adjust. I felt we got some momentum back when Janota came on and his defence was top shelf as well as his hold up play. He looks happy which is important as Staj is making him earn his place which not all Visa players would be that accepting of so credit to him.

Therefore both our Visa players played important roles in the two goals last night.

On another note I feel having 4 yellows impacted Kuol's energy last night, he didn't seem his normal energizer bunny but as mentioned the maturity to assist Hatch speaks volumes on what he could become. He hasn't let his new fame go to his head and he was thinking as a team player. Well done to the staff and leaders in the team to keep him grounded.

I love the fact that the Cows haven't scored against us in 180 mins of football. I'm learning to trust our defence however I still get very nervous and we gave over the ball way to easy last night. I think the Cows learnt from our last game and interrupted a lot of our direct attack which compounded the possession stat however the pitch did look slow which helped their tactic.

So hard to pick a MOTM and to be honest that is most of our games you can easily pick 4 or 5 that are worthy. I went Urena.

Great to see Hatch get that goal, a great moment in the memory bank.

Tevor

I am back to thinking he is a pretender. I guess I should have more patience with the lad. He did some good running but can't shoot and is a defensive shocker. Bouman didn't cover him this week the way Nizz did last week.
I laughed when the commentators said "that's three shots for Nigro, probably more shots tonight than in his entire career". One was good however not sure if it was a game plan to have Nigro pop up in these important spots to take long range goals. He did struggle in the first half and his passing was not on point.

Coastalraider

I though he had a average game last night.

What I keep returning to is the fact that so many of our players are young, or relatively inexperienced. And the one thing you can guarantee with young or inexperienced players is fluctuation in form. The fact we have more clean sheets that’s anyone in the league tells me the backline is performing well.

Nigro is averaging 1 ‘average’ game every 5, and considering what he costs, where he came from etc, that’s bloody awesome return.

Out backline is full of budget buys, and they are doing an immense job.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So , what did we think of Beath last night ? , I thought he was pedantic as ever for the most part , letting absolute clatterings slide (Koul) but pulling up tiny things BUT at least he wasnt anything close to those Adelaide f**ktards
I don't find him to be pedantic at all, not sure why you draw that conclusion- I thought he let the game flow while being able to differentiate between the borderline stuff and the clear fouls. Always a few things that could have gone either way - But yes, when Kuol got dragged down that should have been a clear foul, and he did butcher Susnjar's first bad foul on Simon - that should have been a card, though at least he correctly picked it up the 2nd time 30 seconds later. Derbyshire's card, he should have been on top of that, but at least he responded to his AR there (was nice to see an AR actually do something useful there).

I was annoyed that he let Bulls kick the ball away all the time, but that's a league-wide problem.

So, better than most we've seen, talked to players a few times. Most of his game was fine, with the things he did miss I just felt like he was trying to avoid making the tough decisions - which makes me wonder how responsible the assessors and coaches are there. So, not a great game, but did alright. Outside of Kuol being dragged down he didn't affect the match from errors and also seemed to recognise when tensions were escalating and responded well.

Forum Phoenix

I'll keep the names under wraps BUT-

Matt's stepfather has been a professional colleague of mine for 18 months now at least. I scored a pass to tonights' game from the guy who lights our cannon, then saw Matt's stepfather across the road from the ground pre-match. He happened to have a spare ticket to the corporate box so I grabbed it off him. It was a full box, with plenty of familiar faces I know professionally. At H/T I popped out with Matt's stepfather for a smoke and he said (and I quote) "I hope they put Matt on tonight" (he has been saying this for at least 12 months now). I said "Yeah, and imagine if he scored the match-winner!"

To which he said "Mate, even if they lost tonight I'd just be happy to see him on, so you could look it up on Wikipedia and see his name there". To which I said "Yeah, but if he scored the match winner that'd be the cherry on top"

So to see Matty's stepfather getting excited when he got a text saying Matty would get subbed on was enough. What followed still feels surreal. People coming up to hug Matty's stepdad, glasses off, in tears. Yours truly, slapping him on the back, saying over and over "I told you! I told you didn't I?"

I grabbed a bottle of Little Fat Lamb on the walk home because tonight of all nights it felt deserved. One of those occasions you'll talk about for decades where magic happens. Thanks to whoever it was at Erina Macca's who gave me the ride home. I never thought a day that started with LFC losing to f**king FULHAM (with all due respect FFCMariner) would finish like this

This club is magic.

So f**king good.

What a moment, his energy and speed were great - just what we needed - excellent sub - great run and he took it really well.

Allreet?

On another note I feel having 4 yellows impacted Kuol's energy last night, he didn't seem his normal energizer bunny but as mentioned the maturity to assist Hatch speaks volumes on what he could become. He hasn't let his new fame go to his head and he was thinking as a team player. Well done to the staff and leaders in the team to keep him grounded.
I was disappointed Kuol didn't take on the defenders with his pace when he had about three opportunities to do so, but was extremely impressed with his pass to Hatch. How many young strikers would resist the urge to shoot inside the box like that? His ability to instantly size up the situation - spot a colleague in better position - execute the pass perfectly at speed, just before he got tackled was worthy of Jamie MacLaren (who I think is the best striker in the league and plays passes like that every week).

But there is no way MacLaren was playing that pass at 19 yo. He's had a long career including A-League golden boots, Europe and Socceroos and has taken that long to develop the game intelligence and skill he has now. Kuol is showing amazing maturity and ability at a very young age indeed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb