• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Macarthur Bulls MW11 - Pink Round

Huddo

Honestly who can spot MOTM, de Silva, tongyik, simon, Urena, only 2 players in that game Nisbit and rowles (give it to rowles for sentimentality)
Edit: Sorry completely forgot the press of nigro, and the greatest game of Clisby I think I've ever seen

marinermick

Great squad Macarthur has, but they are pretty dire. Little threat at all even with soo much ball. Kudos to Staj who has out coached Milicic by far twice now. Also for the players to carry this out. All I see is unity.

They are utterly and totally over coached by Milicic and that cancer to effective football Jolic.

Best squad in the A-League and all they want to do is pass around the backline.

Wombat

Agree. Stens will be a massive addition. With as much ball as they had they didn't create any dead cert chances which is why we kept a clean sheet. It's that failing of possession based football that we know so well from the okon days.

They missed an open goal from 1 yard in front. They looked dangerous in the final third. Birras was brilliant as usual, which is why we kept a clean sheet.

Tevor

I liked what Staj said after half time, “the game went as he predicted and they held onto the ball and we would have our dangerous moments”. Confirms only plan A for the Cows. No good looking good when you don’t win, I do remember those days under Okon and it was so frustrating. Commentators mentioned it after the game as well, too much passing with no intention where as we play direct. Great win and we fully deserved to be 7 in front.

scottmac

Suspended
They missed an open goal from 1 yard in front. They looked dangerous in the final third. Birras was brilliant as usual, which is why we kept a clean sheet.
That wasn't a dead cert chance. It was ricochet stuff. They didn't create it by great play either. The goal wasn't open either there were 2 Mariners on the goal line. Take nothing away from Birraz though. You are right, he was immense again however they did not look dangerous in the final third.

Forum Phoenix

Roun had one horror mistake but apart from that was brilliant as usual BUT Rowles was actually the better player of the two tonight. In fact I don't remember him playing better, ever.
This.

Birra and Olly were also brilliant. Olly was just imperious at times. Clisby and Nizzy both had excellent and important games defensively. Though Nizzy was knocked off the ball a bit at first and in general we were not as good as we have been at at winning the second ball or physically dominating. Really missing Stens for this. The cows were clearly told to lay into Matty and Kuol. And they got away with too much imo. And again Stens physicality would have been great to have.

But another great win and we still have room for more improvement.

Forum Phoenix

That wasn't a dead cert chance. It was ricochet stuff. They didn't create it by great play either. The goal wasn't open either there were 2 Mariners on the goal line. Take nothing away from Birraz though. You are right, he was immense again however they did not look dangerous in the final third.
They were forced to rely endlessly on those crosses and dead balls. (which were often excellent quality tbf) But Tongyik and Rowles owned their penalty box and all Derbyhire could do was get sookier and sookier. Loved it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred