• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v Wellington Paranormal

Big Al

Enjoyable night and the Faz turn on the right foot in the first half on the sideline when the Nix player thought (like all of us) he was left foot only. The pirrawet was sublime. Not to far from where i was sitting and it was pure unexpected skill.

Olli sails save of Faz shot in the first half was an exceptional save that ge would have seen late.

Thought we took the foot off at 2-0 and toyed with them a bit which was dangerous and the Smith sub probably played a part.

Good to see us put them to the sword but you can see the frustration in Olli Sail and I think mentally the toll of two years away from home is finally breaking them on top of injuries and covid and knowing they are going home in a week might have their minds elsewhere. They were absolutely terrible and made us look better than we were.

Miller was simply outstanding. He has come on so much for last year. He is a young bull who absolutely would be a pain in the arse to coach because he wants the ball every play and bitches when doesn’t get it but I want someone who wants/demands the ball over someone timid. He is also learning to play the simple ball when it’s required and not forcing it every time. Great development and is a huge shame if he goes to another AL club instead of OS but his fitness is not ready to be a RB overseas.

Congrats to Garang brilliant finish on a super ball.

There was some poor play as well at times but we always felt confident we had them.

Big Al

Maybe Smith but who do you bring in? Probably Hatch is most deserved at the moment but he is also so valuable off the bench.

Muller was gassed after ten minutes and looked liked he couldn’t run tonight with his back hampering him. Goddard is still injured. Moresche was generally good tonight so could also be an option.
Hatch needs to stay as an energy sub late.

Beni can come back to the left and Put Garang on the right.

Moreshe should stay as sub as is better suited to the middle if Urena or Cummings aren’t playing well.

Muller is also more effective as a sub and gives us options if the game isn’t going well

Big Al

Game was won by the midfield tonight. Absolutely owned the middle of the park.

Plenty has been said about Nizzy and he was the maestro again tonight, pulled the strings for the whole game. However, it was Max that shone tonight. He was incredible.

My MOM goes to Miller. That was a Socceroos selection performance. His best game of the season. Better than anything Grant or King has produced this season. Why the nounce wants to play centre back is beyond me.
Really watched Max last night and he is a very positive player. I see the skill you and others talk about with his use of the body to shield the ball and he uses it to move the team forward. He played well last night.
He has reclaimed his spot over Steele who is more an Ollie style play it back play it safe DM vs Max who is more box to box player. Although really Nizz has claimed Steele spot because he doesn’t belong where Max plays.

The nix were ordinary but that’s not Max problem but they did give him alot of space. Against more aggressive sides like City that press he is alot more uncomfortable.

My concern about his game last night was once he turned and ran his decision making is poor or the decision is fine but the execution is not there. Almost every time his pass was intercepted or was deflected. This will take time as he gets used to the size and skill of A League defenders. I would like him to take an easier option sometimes but I admire the desire to try the defense splitting pass unfortunately he doesn’t have that at this level yet. Another 12 months learning (while playing) and I think we will see a big jump in his game. A real positive for the club.

Big Al

As for Olli I really hope we aren’t screwing over a captain. Sometimes being a cheap arse team sucks.

The best part about this year’s team and last was the better mix of senior players to hold the squad together.

I heard last season Olli had brought the team together and made it very inclusive and was a proper leader and something everyone responded to. Apparently it was a big improvement on the last captain in this area.

you can see it how he engages the fans and plays with pride.

While it’s tricky as these players get old and I understand the possible reasons but we can’t be doing to these club loving people. This club never holds players back from money so Olli wanting to not trigger the clause makes no sense because the club would happily say he can go as said to pay the kids so probably more the club which is a shame. The kids are important but having these experienced players want to come back and help is important so we can’t screw these things up.

Just hope it’s not true but I believe you guys and girls and it makes sense. I just hope there is no animosity and they can come to agreements that suit them all

Talented youth need good senior guidance

Olli was also an attacking player so if that is what is needed i am sure he could play a more aggressive style.

Ancient Mariner

What I noticed and loved about Max's play last night is that he appears to have picked up Lizzy's turn on the ball. Such a great move to get the play moving forward quickly.

Wombat

No doubt about it .if he stays at rb with ccm.
He plays for australia . If he goes to methcarther
He'll end up behind liam rose and mcging.
He would definitely be their 1st choice RB. I would love Monty to persuade him to stay because he has unlimited potential. To the couple of posters that weren't impressed last night I'm not sure what you were watching or how much you were drinking?? He got my 2 pts behind Nizzy (3pts) and 1 shared between Kye, Cummings, Beni and Faz.

As to Oli, if its not to do with the contract trigger then he is straight onto the bench at the expense of Harry for me and comes on in the 60th minute for Maxi. So Maxi is rewarded with the start. After that Oli starts as we will need his quality for the run in.
Ballard has been very good but the freeing up of Niz has been the reason for our upswing in form coinciding with Marco stepping up a level and his understanding with Jason starting to bear fruit.

Last edited:

true believer

He would definitely be their 1st choice RB. I would love Monty to persuade him to stay because he has unlimited potential. To the couple of posters that weren't impressed last night I'm not sure what you were watching or how much you were drinking?? He got my 2 pts behind Nizzy (3pts) and 1 shared between Kye, Cummings, Beni and Faz.

As to Oli, if its not to do with the contract trigger then he is straight onto the bench at the expense of Harry for me and comes on in the 60th minute for Maxi. So Maxi is rewarded with the start. After that Oli starts as we will need his quality for the run in.
Ballard has been very good but the freeing up of Niz has been the reason for our upswing in form coinciding with Marco stepping up a level and his understanding with Jason starting to bear fruit.
wombat ,do you believe jolic or milicic could develop miller's skills ?
or would he go backwards as curriculum football has done to every other player cursed with it ?

Ironbark

Not unimpressed, he was great. Just think he has had personally better games.

Ironbark

As for Olli I really hope we aren’t screwing over a captain. Sometimes being a cheap arse team sucks.

The best part about this year’s team and last was the better mix of senior players to hold the squad together.

I heard last season Olli had brought the team together and made it very inclusive and was a proper leader and something everyone responded to. Apparently it was a big improvement on the last captain in this area.

you can see it how he engages the fans and plays with pride.

While it’s tricky as these players get old and I understand the possible reasons but we can’t be doing to these club loving people. This club never holds players back from money so Olli wanting to not trigger the clause makes no sense because the club would happily say he can go as said to pay the kids so probably more the club which is a shame. The kids are important but having these experienced players want to come back and help is important so we can’t screw these things up.

Just hope it’s not true but I believe you guys and girls and it makes sense. I just hope there is no animosity and they can come to agreements that suit them all

Talented youth need good senior guidance

Olli was also an attacking player so if that is what is needed i am sure he could play a more aggressive style.
I'm not inclined to believe either side is sitting out games for contract clause reasons. We've played him nearly every game for 2 years and he's been a leader and a talisman. Too sudden and inconsistent.
It's gotta be something else right?

FFC Mariner

I'm not inclined to believe either side is sitting out games for contract clause reasons. We've played him nearly every game for 2 years and he's been a leader and a talisman. Too sudden and inconsistent.
It's gotta be something else right?
Such as? He's not injured by all accounts

Allreet?

He has great energy and speed to burn but I think he was pretty ordinary on Tues night. A couple of times he was in the clear and shot/crossed the ball far too early. He had the space and time to get so much closer. I thought he butchered his chance on goal and was very lucky to have a second shot at it.
I was shouting at him when he did that, two or three times in quick succession. He had some really good chances to get to the line, draw the keeper and cut back, but he panicked and went for the early impossible ball from a ridiculous angle.

Needs to trust his pace. If he gets in behind, they're not gonna catch him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami