• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v Newcastle Jets 23rd Dec

scoober

My team would be a 4-5-1 to counter, only concern is Golec at RCB but Cisse need to rest

---------------------Pearce---------------------
-----McGing--Golec--Rowles--Clisby-----
----------------------O'Neill---------------------
-------------Shabow------Tom H--------------
Millar---------------------------------------Pain
-----------------------Murray--------------------

Bench Hoole, Simon, Aspro, McDonald, GK

turbo

[QUOTE="scoober, post: 264666, member: 1222"
]---------------------Pearce---------------------
-----McGing--Golec--Rowles--Clisby-----
----------------------O'Neill---------------------
-------------Shabow------Tom H--------------
Millar---------------------------------------Pain
-----------------------Murray--------------------[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind seeing that, but I believe they've said tom is out for another few weeks so I'd swap him with Hoole as he works well with Pain. Also I can't see them not starting Simon, they were posting about him being fired up for the derby so seems locked in to me.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Ever since Simon was named Captain he got nailed on as a starter, unfortunately...
His work rate is good and he's getting involved enough.... But he isn't creating anything or finishing. I'm increasingly sold on the other idea somebody here had - that he should be a DM.

localpom

His work rate is good and he's getting involved enough.... But he isn't creating anything or finishing. I'm increasingly sold on the other idea somebody here had - that he should be a DM.
Geez, had never thought of that but it could well work. And good position for a captain. His nuisance factor could work wonders there, or he will get sent off. I would still prefer to see Cisse there at least once to see if he cuts it, he has played half his career there.
I would throw Aspro straight in this weekend.
...........................Pearce..................................
...Millar............Aspro...........Rowles.......Clisby.
...................O'Neill.......Cisse.............................
..........................Matty..................................
..Hoole...............Murray.........................Pain.....

style_cafe

A few new songs would be good too...
Like (to Twisted Sister`s- We`re not gonna take it)

South Bejing United
You`re just South Bejing United
Your not even Aussies... anymore!!!!

You sold out to China,
You sold your souls to China
Tinkler didn`t want you...anymore!!!!

Repeat

Forum Phoenix

Geez, had never thought of that but it could well work. And good position for a captain. His nuisance factor could work wonders there, or he will get sent off. I would still prefer to see Cisse there at least once to see if he cuts it, he has played half his career there.
I would throw Aspro straight in this weekend.

Millar............Aspro...........Rowles.......Clisby.
...................O'Neill.......Cisse.............................
..........................Matty..................................
..Hoole...............Murray.........................Pain.....

Cisse is being shown up as too slow at CB. No way we can put him in the mids. Shabow deserves a start and from what MM said he will. So how about.

...........................O'Neill.................................
..................Matty.......Shabow...................
..Hoole...............Murray.........................Pain

Though I think Cisse will start over Aspropotamitis

Last edited:

Big Al

Cisse is being shown up as too slow at CB. No way we can pu him in the mids. Shabow deserves a start and from what MM said he will. So how about.

...........................O'Neill.................................
..................Matty.......Shabow...................
..Hoole...............Murray.........................Pain

Though I think Cisse will start over Aspropotamitis
To soon for Aspro. He’s only played one 90min in NYL. Ideally you don’t want to sub him in or out. Another month minimum in NYL for me

LFCMariners

A few new songs would be good too...
Like (to Twisted Sister`s- We`re not gonna take it)

South Bejing United
You`re just South Bejing United
Your not even Aussies... anymore!!!!

You sold out to China,
You sold your souls to China
Tinkler didn`t want you...anymore!!!!

Repeat

Or (to the tune of '10 men went to mow a meadow'):

1 year since the Jets
Since the Jets won f**k all
1 year since the Jets

1 year, 2 years since the Jets
2 years since the Jets

(and continue all the way to 11)

When Roy comes out, we could do this one to the tune of 'I see red' by Split Enz:

"When he saw Lawrence Thomas in the goal
Roy saw red Roy saw red Roy saw red

Kicked a studded boot to the head
Roy saw red Roy saw red Roy saw red

Roy saw re-e-e-e-d Oh!

Big Al

I thought he’d played his second game now? But still, you’re right most like...
Yeah as per JP. Hos first full game. But 2nd game back. Not enough game time for me to get match fit and trust his knee under game conditions. I’d prefer we take our time and don’t break him again. We are not going well but the defenders have been alright. It’s the rest of the team letting us down

Antlion

Agreed. Even if he had a blinder the tide needs to be stemmed with the team. As this is unlikely there is no point in risking ruining his knee again. Off the bench is fine

LFCMariners

Today on a certain A-League banter page, a Jest fan made some post referring to us being "inbred" and living in caravans (how original- I swear no other teams' fanbase had ever directed that at any other teams' fanbase before they started doing it)

So I thought I'd have some fun. And it was like shooting fish in a barrel:

QFfG7pZ.png

YEtmtZm.png

lzvVj2a.png

I mean look- our team is shit. Outside of whoever CCM's version of Ty from AFTV is, I can't think of a single person who denies it.

But this week I just wanna have some fun- and do the same on gameday. Despite the rubbish of the last 3 or so years, we still have more silverware than them, actual silverware from a time when there were more than 8 teams in the HAL (and this decade at least)- and we're not so very easy to troll.

So I say this Sunday, we support our team the West Ham way- ironically, taking great pride in being a better supporters group than a football team, and wind this lot up for 90 minutes.

Get to Bay 16, bring your red cards and bring your voices. Give your Christmas carols voices a workout. Who's with me?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred