• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v Newcastle Jets 23rd Dec

LFCMariners

Jest fans are already out and about on s/m. It's amazing how one good season brings them all out of the woodwork...

Can't do anything about what's dished out on the field, but we can do something about what we dish up in the stands. I encourage everybody to get to Bay 16, even if they're not a regular- and lend your voices.

soccer mad

Newcastle will punish us again they are not far off ,Perth 2 nil wasn't a reflection of the game and we have just dug ourselves a bigger hole to get out of ,and I dont have any confidence in Mulvie tactical ability or decision imagine how our team must feel.

Last edited:

Tevor

Jest fans are already out and about on s/m. It's amazing how one good season brings them all out of the woodwork...

Can't do anything about what's dished out on the field, but we can do something about what we dish up in the stands. I encourage everybody to get to Bay 16, even if they're not a regular- and lend your voices.
Unfortunately what is happening on the field is significantly reflecting the noise from the stands. After 5 mins when we are already down by 1 you will be able to hear a pin drop in the stands. Been that way all season, like your enthusiasm though. Me, I just go and watch now as I've paid for the seat for the whole season and enjoy the game. It's easier that way on your health.

Rowdy

I encourage everybody to get to Bay 16, even if they're not a regular- and lend your voices.

Agree wholeheartedly

If you can make the effort to come on here and post about CCM then surely you can make an effort for just one game to help Bay16 support the team vs our mortal enemy ...... The Scum.

Get out of the stands, just wander down & dont bother being 'I'll do the 2nd half!'

Be there from Kick-Off, don't be shy by sitting on the fringes.
- GET IN AMONGST IT !!

slide in a row where there are others, STAND right next to someone/others that are already there and SING.

You might just enjoy yourself & meet some fantastic people as well.

After 15 years .... I wouldnt want to be ANYWHERE ELSE !! :pirashoot:

Michael

Matty has slightly annoyed me the last few weeks along with a few of the other senior boys, because they’re trying to be a little too professional and sporting. Shaking hands after a heavy challenge, just looking depressed after conceding, helping an opposition player up after they’ve cramped etc. we don’t have time for that. Push the envelope. Show us fans that you’re truly fighting for us. Not that you’re consummate professionals in a bad spot.
f**k that shit, I want the old matty back. He’s showed glimpses to be fair, but I want him and the other senior boys in particular to be angry c**ts constantly, to show how desperate they are to get us out of this shit. Because it stinks from some of them that they don’t give a f**k.

Also, if anyone is able to get down to a training session this week, please make a sign that says in big bold letters “PULL YA FINGERS OUT”

Kind regards, Michael the lounge manager.

Forum Phoenix

I hear you.

We really do have to come out swinging.

We’re too far behind to expect to just try and play ‘good football’ and run over the top of anyone now.

We have to make our own luck. And find that extra 25% we’re missing from somewhere.

Given Mikes already opened/ loosened the purse strings, I don’t think it’s coming from him, our depth is now weak with all the injuries, and sadly I’m in the camp that thinks tinkering with our formation is unlikely to make much difference. so attitude is really the only major variable we have left to work with.

LFCMariners

Make noise in the bay regardless of how poorly they're doing come Sunday night. Maybe voicing our disapproval will do a better job of driving the message home than just standing around doing nothing? After the disappointment of late, I could use a singalong or two. I'd rather give voice to my frustrations there on Sunday night and actually make some noise from our bay than stand there like I'm in a library then come here after and vent.

And regardless of form?

CC Stadium is OUR turf- never forget that.

And all these Jest fans who've come out of the woodwork again in the last 12 months thinking they're going to come and take over our stadium can get farked. Because if I look around Bay 16, I see people who've been there for the past few years- and longer, even the good old days. A few of the Jets hardore would do well to look aorund the away bay and ask themselves how many people are there they don't recognise- and ask where these people were when they were shit? The faithful I have little issue with. I can respect a fan who goes to the home and away matches when the team is a rabble (as we well know by now). But next to WSW, I can't think of another teams whose supporter base swells by a greater amount all of a sudden when they're winning.

That lot have a smaller IQ count than our current season points tally...

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Hear hear. We might expect to get beat on the field, but we don't have to let those goddamn 15year olds, dole bludgers and drug dealers beat us off the field. Sing loud and sing proud - remind the boys of who they're playing for, and remind the thug and the scummers of who they're taking on!!

LFCMariners

Does anybody have red cardboard they could cut into small rectangles?

I'm thinking if a few people have access to this, they should cut the cardboard up, bring it to the game and distribute it amongst the bay. Then if (when) Roy O gets subbed on we can all hold up our red cards and boo.

Scotty

I'm thinking if a few people have access to this, they should cut the cardboard up, bring it to the game and distribute it amongst the bay. Then if (when) Roy O gets subbed on we can all hold up our red cards and boo.
Love it!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

That's an awesome idea. $2.55 a sheet from officeworks.

LFCMariners

I'll buy a sheet later this week.

Get bright red. If 10 people buy a sheet and cut it up, we should be able to get the whole bay to "welcome" Roy back.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I want to see Matty put his body on the line like never before. He can be an annoying niggly player. He should be aiming to piss Roy off enough that he gets himself sent off for another violent incident. Think of Muscat when Sonic dropped him - muscat kept pushing and pushing for Sonic to do exactly what he did. Possibly the only time Muscat ever played with a hint of a spine. Sonic got sucked in completely. I reckon Matty should be going for the same thing. At the least it will put him off his game.
Wishing we had Baro or even Brama for this one, though i didn't like Brama's brain snaps.
Mulvey, you said you wanted the Mungrel back.
Well we are playing our arch rivals.
At home.
And they're above us.
If you can't get them to show Mungrel this game then i reckon thats a clear sign that your approach is a total failure and you should ask the club to look for a replacement. .
This game, this one game, more than any other - we could almost accept a loss as long as we play with pride, make them pay for every inch of turf they take from us - and for the love of all that's holy, some goddamn shots on target. Work the damn keeper. Long or short shots who cares, just make the keeper do something for once.
If we lose and the team isn't about to collapse from exhaustion at the end, then they and you have failed this club, it's colours, and everything it ever stood for.
You might not win but you can still make us proud.
Do that and maybe - just maybe - the win might come anyway Not as a goal, but as an outcome.

Scotty

I want to see Matty put his body on the line like never before. He can be an annoying niggly player. He should be aiming to piss Roy off enough that he gets himself sent off for another violent incident. Think of Muscat when Sonic dropped him - muscat kept pushing and pushing for Sonic to do exactly what he did. Possibly the only time Muscat ever played with a hint of a spine. Sonic got sucked in completely. I reckon Matty should be going for the same thing. At the least it will put him off his game.
Wishing we had Baro or even Brama for this one, though i didn't like Brama's brain snaps.
Mulvey, you said you wanted the Mungrel back.
Well we are playing our arch rivals.
At home.
And they're above us.
If you can't get them to show Mungrel this game then i reckon thats a clear sign that your approach is a total failure and you should ask the club to look for a replacement. .
This game, this one game, more than any other - we could almost accept a loss as long as we play with pride, make them pay for every inch of turf they take from us - and for the love of all that's holy, some goddamn shots on target. Work the damn keeper. Long or short shots who cares, just make the keeper do something for once.
If we lose and the team isn't about to collapse from exhaustion at the end, then they and you have failed this club, it's colours, and everything it ever stood for.
You might not win but you can still make us proud.
Do that and maybe - just maybe - the win might come anyway Not as a goal, but as an outcome.
I can see the potential of something blowing up between Roy and Matty. I'd rather not see it happen. It's likely to end badly for Matty, in the same way as Muscat V Sonic. The last thing we need is our captain on the sidelines for a month. He's already gone the stomp, Roy's likely to antagonise Matty into something more.

Agree we need to show some mungrel and Matty must encourage that to show the others what the Derby is all about. It's lost it's shine over the years. Let's bring it back with a hard-fought win. Or at least a clean sheet FFS!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred