• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v $ity - Rd 6

style_cafe

Seriously spewing that I missed tonight`s game.
Everyone played so well and even when passes went astray they fought to get the ball back.
A big shout out to Staj and his coaching staff.It just goes to show how important a good preseason,a fit team and a few early wins does to galvanise a team.

It looks like Matty might be perusing these pages too. I gave him a bagging for his reaction to Kuol last weekend but tonight he was sensational.
When Kuol challenged him to head the ball, Matty had a quiet word then put his arm around him and at that moment I felt we could win the game.
It was good to then see Kuol jump up on Matty when we won and also try to hoist him up with Tonjik.

DDS was also incredible tonight,an amazing goal and serious effort from Kuol to set him up maybe DDS`s best ever A-League game....:popcorn:

MARINERS `TIL I DIE

Wombat

It may surprise you Michael (and others) but Bouman is the fastest player in the squad, even faster than Hatch.

Having lost half of last years strikers, Monty may want to retain Smylie to help fight for NPL promotion in a season when everyone will be competitive - unless he has already gotten word that CCMA will be automatically one of the 4 promoted teams to NPL1. Having said that, we don't another Wales situation where the club kept him on for nearly a season on youth league wages ($7500 a year at that stage) and then would not offer him a 2 year contract on minimum wage - only a one year. Hopefully the club has learnt from that.

With respect PL, there is no way known he is the fastest player, unless he is one of those blokes who is heaps slower with the ball at their feet. He tried to skin the City fullback tonight but he easily out run.

Wombat

Then Clisby says, hold my beer.
Ok second half was good. But cost us two goals first half.

To be fair to Clisby (who is the most improved player this year) those Goals were also down to Rowles and Tonyik (and Stens who had a woeful 1st half). All 3 were loose as hell and guilty of ball watching far too much. There is no leader and no organiser without Bozanic (and a screening Mid shouldn't be running the backline)
But MC sent us into the season without a Defensive leader and we are going to flounder sometimes and Birra is a quiet keeper.
Having said that our two young CB's have alot of potential and decent coaching can and will get them there.

midfielder

Tonights match reflected what most on the forum believed in a salary capped league you should be competitive.... Staj proved for me tonight you can win if you are smart enough... Staj has done an outstanding job to date with this squad...

A coach is rated over four areas…

1] Tactical knowledge and the ability to develop a game plan for whoever you are playing.

2] Management of the squad,

3] Selection of players for the squad.

4] Development of a style of play.

Staj, gets a big pass for mine on who he has left go and their replacements, difficult to see a dud in all his signings.

His management of the squad seems very sound and he appears to have the full support of both players and staff.

Of all the things he has done, IMO the most important is the signing of so many attacking players… we have on the park at any one time two strikers, the wide mids and the 10 who can all score and subs on the bench to replace them. This means when we attack, we have 5 players who can score and six if you count Olly.

To date the game plans have work, against Poachers FC a goal off a rebound not uncommon but very hard to defend, and a sucker punch against the Nix’s when we were all over them…

On the smallest budget, he has developed a quite attacking side that is exciting to watch…

Wombat

Well that was a very fun night at Gosford. For those that couldn't be arsed you missed a cracker! I sat next to a bloke called Angry (who once dropped a Ourimbah player with a stomach punch and didnt even wait for the red card, he just walked off before the ref pulled out the card). He was hollering and yelling like a little kid with unbridled joy for the last 15 mins. Beautiful to see the joy our Mariners bring to people when they put in and win.

My views...

I thought the first 15 mins we were excellent and we were clearly a better and more confident side than City. But the warning signs were there with our back 4 wandering all over the place and oblivious to the players they were suppossed to be suppressing. Stens was back to last years form and his passing was Melling like.
We gifted them 2 goals but once we scored we believed again. The Goal was lovely, with the smarts of Urena and Simon setting up Casella for an easy finish.
The 2nd half was a different story and we clawed our way back.
The two subs made a difference and Kuol unsettled them. City gave away a stunningly stupid penalty and Simon is a God from the spot. He completely outfoxed Glover (reject) and me with his body language. Brilliant stuff.
Once the Red card came....OMG i would have loved the class of Janota and Urena to rip them apart (but it was the subs that wrestled the game away from them, so you cant have your cake at eat it too).
Then DDS scored a screamer for the win. Glover left a 4ft (google it ya metric bastards) gap to his left. DDS saw it and unleashed a bullet to the centre of the gap. It was like watching it is slow motion.........i knew 100% he was going to score and the application was perfect, like a Exocet missile.

MOM

3pts Simon. Such an intelligent Footballer. Loves to score a Goal on an occassion.
2pts DDS. I'm starting to love DDS and that ovation he got when he went off was magic. Created and scored his goal on his own.
1pt. Kuol. Daddy Kuol. (Lets make that a chant... ALOU, Alou Kuol, Alou, ALOU COOL.) City couldn't handle his pace and aggression. I love him as a sub as tired defences cannot handle him.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Clisby gave Noone too much space but Luna wasn’t marked either, should not have been getting that ball uncontested. Rowles involved in both goals.
First goal he didn't give him space, he bit in and was turned into a Traffic cone and thoroughly beaten. Credit to him, he knew he f**ked up and was clearly spewing at himself. Second goal he was caught out of position but as Wombat said that was stens fault, but he was ball watching and slow to respond. Then yeah, Rowles lost McClaren and definitely screwed the pooch. Great finish though.

Though I will say in both cases thereafter their strikers were impeccable and very hard to stop imo. Two mistakes that on another night we might get away with but they could and should have been cut out by proper defending. Clisby and Rowles will cop it during the video analysis session for sure. But, apart from a shit free kick and at most fault for two goals, he was otherwise genuinely good again.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred