• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v $ity - Rd 6

Coastalraider

If anything he was trying too hard.
That is he was going in search of the ball, which is why he was dropping deep.
I reckon if he starts he'll be different. We won't be chasing an equaliser and hopefully he'll be more patient and wait for the ball to come to him.
And also is likley to be playing with the rest of the starters, meaning better pace, movement and service. An international hoping to get service from Smylie or Bouman off the bench is different to starting with Niz and Kuol.

onto it

If anything he was trying too hard.
That is he was going in search of the ball, which is why he was dropping deep.
I reckon if he starts he'll be different. We won't be chasing an equaliser and hopefully he'll be more patient and wait for the ball to come to him.
Absolutely

Michael

And also is likley to be playing with the rest of the starters, meaning better pace, movement and service. An international hoping to get service from Smylie or Bouman off the bench is different to starting with Niz and Kuol.

bouman struggled in Nizzy’s spot because he lacks pace.
he’d do okay in stens’ spot but he’s an out and out #10 or deep lying forward.

did anyone notice when smylie got injured? He’d be expecting a senior contract or at very least a scholarship at this point. He deserves it. Don’t want another Wales situation.

pinklady

did anyone notice when smylie got injured? He’d be expecting a senior contract or at very least a scholarship at this point. He deserves it. Don’t want another Wales situation.
It may surprise you Michael (and others) but Bouman is the fastest player in the squad, even faster than Hatch.

Having lost half of last years strikers, Monty may want to retain Smylie to help fight for NPL promotion in a season when everyone will be competitive - unless he has already gotten word that CCMA will be automatically one of the 4 promoted teams to NPL1. Having said that, we don't another Wales situation where the club kept him on for nearly a season on youth league wages ($7500 a year at that stage) and then would not offer him a 2 year contract on minimum wage - only a one year. Hopefully the club has learnt from that.

scottmac

Suspended

Totally agree in regards to the middle. If we do lose Olly I'd like to see Bouman in middle with Stens taking the deeper position between the centres playing out. His (Stens) distribution has been shaky the last 2 games but he needs to get confident doing it. We've been blessed by having Olly who can and does move the ball accurately under pressure.
Nizzy has struggled a little in the final third getting control and moving it quickly when he's crowded. Just lacks a little polish that's not required when he's played into space out wide. Not that I think it won't come but I don't thinks it where it needs to be right now. Bouman tends to control the ball better at first touch which may have something to do with where he's learnt his craft.

Forum Phoenix

It may surprise you Michael (and others) but Bouman is the fastest player in the squad, even faster than Hatch.

Having lost half of last years strikers, Monty may want to retain Smylie to help fight for NPL promotion in a season when everyone will be competitive - unless he has already gotten word that CCMA will be automatically one of the 4 promoted teams to NPL1. Having said that, we don't another Wales situation where the club kept him on for nearly a season on youth league wages ($7500 a year at that stage) and then would not offer him a 2 year contract on minimum wage - only a one year. Hopefully the club has learnt from that.
Yep. That surprises the shit out of me. He just played a game out wide and didn't see a single pacey run down the flank? But I guess, then does hiss hammy again? Is that why? HIs acceleration certainly doesn't look fast compared to the smaller players.

Pirate Pete

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (GK), 3. Lewis MILLER, 5. Stefan NIGRO, 6. Gianni STENSNESS, 7. Stefan JANKOVIC, 8. Oliver BOZANIC ©, 10. Daniel DESILVA, 11. Jack CLISBY, 12. Marcos UREÑA, 14. Daniel BOUMAN, 15. Kye ROWLES, 19. Matt SIMON, 20. Adam PEARCE (GK), 21. Ruon TONGYIK, 22. Michal JANOTA, 23. Dan HALL, 26. Jaden CASELLA, 29. Alou KUOL, 32. Max BALARD, 33. Louis KHOURY

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 3. Lewis MILLER (Promoted), 7. Stefan JANKOVIC (Promoted), 33. Louis KHOURY (Promoted)

Outs: 30. Jordan SMYLIE (Knee – 1 week)

Unavailable: 4.Joshua NISBET (Injured – Ankle)

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Tom GLOVER (gk), 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c), 4.Nuno REIS, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 14.Naoki TSUBAKI, 16.Taras GOMULKA, 17.Stefan COLAKOVSKI, 18.Connor METCALFE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20.Adrian LUNA, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Marco TILIO, 33.Matthew SUTTON (gk), 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES, 36.Kerrin STOKES

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 4.Nuno REIS (completed quarantine), 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS (returns from injury)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 15.Andrew NABBOUT (hamstring)

Match Details |

Sunday, 31 January 2021
icon_lol.gif
For anyone thinking of going to the game tonight. You'll be disappointed. It was played three days ago!

Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne City FC

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Kick-Off: 7:05pm (Local)(7:05pm (AEDT))

Referee: Stephen Lucas

Assistant Referee 1: Lance Greenshields

Assistant Referee 2: Brad Wright

Fourth Official: Tim Danaskos

VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

Forum Phoenix

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (GK), 3. Lewis MILLER, 5. Stefan NIGRO, 6. Gianni STENSNESS, 7. Stefan JANKOVIC, 8. Oliver BOZANIC ©, 10. Daniel DESILVA, 11. Jack CLISBY, 12. Marcos UREÑA, 14. Daniel BOUMAN, 15. Kye ROWLES, 19. Matt SIMON, 20. Adam PEARCE (GK), 21. Ruon TONGYIK, 22. Michal JANOTA, 23. Dan HALL, 26. Jaden CASELLA, 29. Alou KUOL, 32. Max BALARD, 33. Louis KHOURY

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 3. Lewis MILLER (Promoted), 7. Stefan JANKOVIC (Promoted), 33. Louis KHOURY (Promoted)

Outs: 30. Jordan SMYLIE (Knee – 1 week)

Unavailable: 4.Joshua NISBET (Injured – Ankle)

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Tom GLOVER (gk), 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c), 4.Nuno REIS, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 14.Naoki TSUBAKI, 16.Taras GOMULKA, 17.Stefan COLAKOVSKI, 18.Connor METCALFE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20.Adrian LUNA, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Marco TILIO, 33.Matthew SUTTON (gk), 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES, 36.Kerrin STOKES

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 4.Nuno REIS (completed quarantine), 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS (returns from injury)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 15.Andrew NABBOUT (hamstring)

Match Details |

Sunday, 31 January 2021
icon_lol.gif
For anyone thinking of going to the game tonight. You'll be disappointed. It was played three days ago!

Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne City FC

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Kick-Off: 7:05pm (Local)(7:05pm (AEDT))

Referee: Stephen Lucas

Assistant Referee 1: Lance Greenshields

Assistant Referee 2: Brad Wright

Fourth Official: Tim Danaskos

VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

Glad Olly is in, but damn Nizzy still out. Caceres didn't even get a yellow for sliding in from behind. Clearly a dangerous tackle.

I thought Bouman was injured last game? Expect we may well still see the same line up if he isn't.

Looking forward to Tongyik vss McClaren. Those talking about Roos, this is how Ruon bests puts his hand up for a call up imo. Shut McClaren the hell down.

Atkinson getting in behind Clisby has given us bloody nightmares previously. So hoping this isn't a Dr "Jack"yl. Mr Hyde game for him. Because I sincerely prefer the new and improved Clisby. To the point I'm wondering, is this the first time in three year he's genuinely been fit and that accounts for decent proportion of his previous poor positioning and errors? Olly's midfield organisation and those two glorious banks of four are also a major part. But he has, oh god... my throat is... cramping... (aside from a bunch of set pieces) he's been... goo.... goooo... gooooooooo..... GOOD. For us. Ok. Said it. I need a bath.

City are a cracking side on paper. But you win on the park. Same modus operandi please. Keep the lines tight, play direct, play safe, play with guts, play with belief and this time take our bloody chances.

Huddo

I'd have to say that MC team looks pretty strong. Only weakness I can see is the middle third is lacking, and maybe the niggle will disjoint them.
Perth have shown City's weaknesses last weekend, if it bleeds, we can kill it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred