• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v $ity - Rd 6

Forum Phoenix

We did see him burst down the sideline at Macarthur and again when he caused the own goal against Sydney,leaving defenders in his wake...:popcorn:
Ha. Pot stirrer. He didn't "burst" Style. It was a well timed run but at a completely unremarkable speed. It was his calm and presence of mind to look up and pick out Smylie that impressed me in that goal.

Second goal. Sydney just let him run down the wing again and there was not an any kind of, wow look at that kid go, kind of speed.

Not taking anything away from those two great contributions, I'm hoping the kid can outrun a cheetah now, but I don't see how anyone could honestly have watched our game and gotten the impression that Bouman is a speed demon. If he's the fastest in our squad, now he's on the wing, he needs to be regularly making those runs and Nigro needs to be releasing him a hell of a lot more. And or playing him as second striker and looking to get in behind. Matty has had some killer balls that he doesn't have the pace to capitalise on.

shipwreck

Maybe he is a top speed kind of fast? Maybe he takes like 40m or so to get to his kind of fast, which is often useless throughout the majority of games unless you're playing under 13s and the other team doesn't know how to sweep

pjennings

I don't like JMac playing for Aust but he worries me playing against us. Always seems to get plenty against us

style_cafe

Ha. Pot stirrer. He didn't "burst" Style. It was a well timed run but at a completely unremarkable speed. It was his calm and presence of mind to look up and pick out Smylie that impressed me in that goal.

Second goal. Sydney just let him run down the wing again and there was not an any kind of, wow look at that kid go, kind of speed.

Not taking anything away from those two great contributions, I'm hoping the kid can outrun a cheetah now, but I don't see how anyone could honestly have watched our game and gotten the impression that Bouman is a speed demon. If he's the fastest in our squad, now he's on the wing, he needs to be regularly making those runs and Nigro needs to be releasing him a hell of a lot more. And or playing him as second striker and looking to get in behind. Matty has had some killer balls that he doesn't have the pace to capitalise on.
Ha Ha, FP.
He`s faster than both of us and Pinklady is usually on the money.
Bolt was supposedly fast, but a lot of times he was beaten to the ball as well.
It just depends on the situation,timing and the distance he was clocked at.

I quite like Bouman as a player,he still has a long way to go but he is is improving with each game and i`m sure he`ll do us proud as the season progresses.

I can`t get there tonight (wifes` birthday dinner ) but i`ll watch the replay with interest.
Having Griffiths back is a bonus for City but if we can stifle McClaren and Noone I think we can get over the top of them...:popcorn:

marinermick

he's still a kid and we have another 2 games in 4 days .
we need him for the season and not out for the season with a soft tissue injury

What makes you think he has less stamina or more prone to a soft tissue injury than his thirty-five year old striking partner or anyone else in the squad?

Pirate Pete

EtSIHY7VcAAjINl

turbo

I can't believe that Nigro has a starting spot. He is the team's biggest weakness
Who are you going to give it to? Hall has had a handful of minutes but I can’t see him going from that to starting unless him and Miller stuff up more. Big test tonight to see how we go with injuries.

turbo

Very quiet in here. Really glad we got one back before the break, could have had more with some luck.

Not sure about Janota in this role but might be the best option for now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb