• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gratis

As much as I hate to acknowledge it I have been around for a reasonable time... my team as a very young boy Auburn and then we kinda went over to league for about 10 years, living in western Sydney and moving to Marayong [near Backtown] my next team became Blacktown Demons, they got sent down and we moved overseas and when we returned had a passing interest in tghe nSL.

Then along came Perth Glory with Nick Tana and he seemed to show a way forward, The Northern Spirit copied his connect to the associations park teams and they became my new team.

The NSL folded and what remained of the Northern Spirit moved to the Coast.

I have been to almost every home match from season 1, and many away matches, brought shirts been to nights out to support the team.

Why the history lesson ... because as much as I want us to succeed and be a huge success.... I want Football in Australia to hhhmmmm aarrrrr be far better positioned than it is... as much as FFA are at fault... in a salary capped league over now 5 years of poor performance with the last 4 years in particular we are letting Hal down you can have a bad season or two ... but we not doing Football and Hal in general a good service... we hang on because there is no P & R.

Shaun its no longer a joke ... we have had the coast to ourselves for 13 years... we are the only team in Hal to have a region to ourselves...

Shaun we are IMO letting Football down as well as the region.... 5 years Moss/ TW/ Okon .... I know quite a number of Mariner regulars who are frustrated, upset, and no longer have fire in the belly when talking about us....

I have read what you have posted pertaining to how MC feels... well maybe next season others will show how they feel after 5 years and its a salary capped league so it should not be this bad...

WE need to see meaningful change...
I'd I could have clicked 5 likes and 5 agrees I would have

midfielder

Shaun

Recently I was advised that MC has publicly stated that the COE and Mariners are two separate entities ... we all knew this...

What is new to me is that MC has stated the revenue is separate and COE revenue will not be used to support the Football club CC Mariners FC.

If this is the case and MC is unwilling to commit funds from the COE to support CC Mariners FC ... then the goal posts have been moved a long way.

If this is the case, then I will open a thread and start a petition for MC to sell the club... he obviously either cannot afford to fund us or is unwilling...

There are from my count 14 bids to join the A-League ... AU & the Jets have sold in the past 12 months or so.... If MC continues to be unwilling to fund us and now has forever separated the COE [aside from training] from CC Mariners FC then IMO he should sell... the Mariners brand all over the COE greatly lifted the sales price received ..

Open to others to comment maybe I am way over the top ...

pjennings

Shaun

Recently I was advised that MC has publicly stated that the COE and Mariners are two separate entities ... we all knew this...

What is new to me is that MC has stated the revenue is separate and COE revenue will not be used to support the Football club CC Mariners FC.

If this is the case and MC is unwilling to commit funds from the COE to support CC Mariners FC ... then the goal posts have been moved a long way.

If this is the case, then I will open a thread and start a petition for MC to sell the club... he obviously either cannot afford to fund us or is unwilling...

There are from my count 14 bids to join the A-League ... AU & the Jets have sold in the past 12 months or so.... If MC continues to be unwilling to fund us and now has forever separated the COE [aside from training] from CC Mariners FC then IMO he should sell... the Mariners brand all over the COE greatly lifted the sales price received ..

Open to others to comment maybe I am way over the top ...

Can you source this - because if is true it means the long wait for alternative revenue sources has been futile and the goalposts have indeed changed.

midfielder

Can you source this - because if is true it means the long wait for alternative revenue sources has been futile and the goalposts have indeed changed.

Not unless I wanta loose a friend ... thats why I have opened the question to Shaun ...

I may add in most sentences I started with the words ""If true""

Wombat

If true he should pay back the money the Federal and state Govt (and local council) chipped in. I find it hard to believe Middy but he is a slippery fish.

midfielder

If true he should pay back the money the Federal and state Govt (and local council) chipped in. I find it hard to believe Middy but he is a slippery fish.

A number of people on this site know my source thats why I am reluctant to say who it is... however if I said who it was most would say thats a good source...

Gratis

A number of people on this site know my source thats why I am reluctant to say who it is... however if I said who it was most would say thats a good source...
I trust what you're saying and am interested in the explanation (which may prove fair enough, who knows til it's explained). If not... interesting times hey

true believer

Frankly as i"ve seen it all before .
i think our next season will be our last season if we aren"t competitive.
If we"ve this shit after 10 rounds next year . That"ll be it .
Parra melta eagles , western suburbs magpies .c,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:

serious14

Are we even surprised at this point? He's notoriously dodgy as it is - whispers in the wind tell me staff still go unpaid on time disturbingly often, certain younger players are on fuel money at best, and we sign the absolute bargain basement trash the rest of the league doesn't want... I'd like to say "oh this is a shame and an unexpected series of events for the club", but it's happened before and will keep happening as long as Charlesworth is in charge.

Concerted efforts need to be made to inform him that he's no longer welcome here as our owner and to find someone who wants to be - and perhaps answer as to why he didn't take up the offer from the Jets current owners when it was on the table. He clearly sees us as nothing but a burden.

Ancient Mariner

I am surprised at this discussion. It has been common knowledge for many years that the COE and the football club were separate entities, with some commonality of ownership, mostly (but not totally) the same names, some differences in percentages. I am sure someone can dig up the details.

I have always assumed that the idea of the COE making money to benefit the football club would come from the owners of the COE to then afford to put more into the Club.

I am truly amazed that this is "new news" on this forum.

Coast Football Ramble

I am surprised at this discussion. It has been common knowledge for many years that the COE and the football club were separate entities, with some commonality of ownership, mostly (but not totally) the same names, some differences in percentages. I am sure someone can dig up the details.

I have always assumed that the idea of the COE making money to benefit the football club would come from the owners of the COE to then afford to put more into the Club.

Totally agree with Ancient with this one.
This has been public knowledge for a long long time.
Even going back to when Lyall and Turnbull were still partly involved in some form of ownership.

JoyfulPenguin

I think the problem is that it was assumed, and I think said by Shaun if I remember correctly, that the COE fed directly into the club's revenue streams. While they were separate entities that was in name only and the COE was being built and operated for the direct benefit of the club and would make it so we would be sustainable long term. It sounded, at least to me, that the profits would be directed back to the running of the club and ensure we were able to spend to the level of other clubs.

Coast Football Ramble

I think the problem is that it was assumed, and I think said by Shaun if I remember correctly, that the COE fed directly into the club's revenue streams. While they were separate entities that was in name only and the COE was being built and operated for the direct benefit of the club and would make it so we would be sustainable long term. It sounded, at least to me, that the profits would be directed back to the running of the club and ensure we were able to spend to the level of other clubs.

The club is ~$3m in debt to Mike, is any cent the COE makes going towards paying that off?

If we owed debt to local business etc, I'm sure people wouldn't mind seeing any profit made going to pay those off.

JoyfulPenguin

The club is ~$3m in debt to Mike, is any cent the COE makes going towards paying that off?

If we owed debt to local business etc, I'm sure people wouldn't mind seeing any profit made going to pay those off.
Not opposed to that if we are still in debt, but wouldn't sales of Ryan, Appiah and Caceras and three years of austerity have gone some way to repaying that?

Coast Football Ramble

Not opposed to that if we are still in debt, but wouldn't sales of Ryan, Appiah and Caceras and three years of austerity have gone some way to repaying that?

It was only a year ago that I heard we we're $3m in debt, so years of not paying much before that don't really count, nor does Caceras money and I don't know how much we got from the sell-on of Ryan.
Also, we were still paying off some coaches until recently I think.
I'm going to hazard a guess that money from Appiah money went into running the club.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So, is there ANY way up for the club? Or are we all just biding our time until FFA revoke our license or the club folds? I fear that with expansion talks the FFA may take the opportunity to reconsider some existing licenses

JoyfulPenguin

So, is there ANY way up for the club? Or are we all just biding our time until FFA revoke our license or the club folds? I fear that with expansion talks the FFA may take the opportunity to reconsider some existing licenses
This is what I'm afraid of, not only expansion but the drum beat of promotion and relegation is only getting louder. What are we going to do when that inevitably happens? If we are $3 million in debt now, after three seasons of spending the absolute minimum, how will be able to compete year on year to stay up? We rely on the TV deal to cover the majority of our costs, if we get relegated and lose that how do we continue as a club? Even if somehow the promotion and relegation zealots are held at bay how does the club plan on adding anything to Australian football in general? Compared to other clubs bidding to be apart of the A-League we have next to no funds and are in $3 million debt, the COE isn't even ours! What are we offering Australian football apart from dragging down the quality of the league by spending the absolute minimum amount, when the TV deal covers our entire salary cap! If the business side of our football club cannot, at the very least, fund the operation of backroom staff and travel etc then how are we ever going to be a viable entity? If our three years of austerity have delivered nothing but a $3 million debt, how can we expect to remain one of the few professional football clubs in this country when there are about twenty other bids with much more financial muscle and a better business case. I want us to succeed and to do well, more than anything, but if this is our situation then how can we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred