• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

midfielder

We are definitely in tough times on the field, but the changing football landscape, with FIFA, the AFC and the myriad of other stakeholders trying to get their own way we are also very vulnerable off the field. I am sick of being 'the little club that could' particularly now that we have morphed into "the little club that can't."

I get what Lyall Gorman wanted to do with the COE. I get that Mike wants to continue it. The problem is that it is taking too long. The COE was a 15 year plan. It is meant to supplement our income so that we can be one of the 'big clubs'. In concept it is a great strategy. It takes away a natural disadvantage that a small club has but it has taken too long. It is also an insurance policy for when the inevitable promotion and relegation is introduced. If that comes in and we get relegated then unless we have sufficient alternate income streams then that is essentially the death of our club. The income streams from the COE will allow us survive at a lower level and bounce back to the top level.

If Mike cannot complete the COE in a much quicker timeframe then the club will wither and die before the true benefit is seen. The time has come for Mike to find more funds. If he is not keen on putting more in at this time then investors/venture capitalists have to found now. This off season there needs to be a big statement made. More money needs to be brought in, major movement on the COE must happen and the squad needs major strengthening.

The club is at a crossroads and the road ahead is unclear - but it is clear which road that needs to be taken for the clubs survival
  • We can continue at the pace we are going and die a slow and agonising death.
  • Mike can sell the license to someone willing to invest in the squad but not the COE and put off the inevitable slow and agonising death.
  • Mike and/or investors invest both in the COE and the squad in a major way and we get to the stage where COE revenue becomes the major income stream for the club (not the TV grant). Only in this way will we have long term survival. If we could also convince Council that CCMFC would be better managers of the Stadium then the combined Stadium and COE income has the potential for us to be one of the 'big clubs'
PJ

Excellent post, we are in need of a capital injection, and ability to spend more money ... my reading of the tea leafs is the owners of the clubs want top dollar and to recover pass losses at least....

What makes our position more difficult is the COE, and that it is owned by a Trust and not by the club...

I have reached a point where I believe we along with the Nix don't deserve a place in Hal.

Because of the tied tier franchise we play in we are guaranteed a place in Hal, and this means we can be lazy and get away with it year after year...

I will more than likely feel different tomorrow but I feel like the COE connecting with the Jets as they have a cashed up owner and rather than suffer death by a thousand cuts simply hand back the licence as we are and have been now for three to four years a decent State team...

Insertnamehere

PJ

Excellent post, we are in need of a capital injection, and ability to spend more money ... my reading of the tea leafs is the owners of the clubs want top dollar and to recover pass losses at least....

What makes our position more difficult is the COE, and that it is owned by a Trust and not by the club...

I have reached a point where I believe we along with the Nix don't deserve a place in Hal.

Because of the tied tier franchise we play in we are guaranteed a place in Hal, and this means we can be lazy and get away with it year after year...

I will more than likely feel different tomorrow but I feel like the COE connecting with the Jets as they have a cashed up owner and rather than suffer death by a thousand cuts simply hand back the licence as we are and have been now for three to four years a decent State team...
We have a storied history, nux have squat.

pjennings

PJ

Very few football clubs own assets - they are owned by trusts or owners. The trusts may involve club members or may not. The situation we are in is similar to that of a Leagues Club and a NRL team.

As for connecting the COE with the Jets that is like Southern Expansion saying they represent Wollongong

Wombat

PJ

Wash your mouth out Middy.

Ancient Mariner

PJ

NEVER give up!

Wombat

I'd be like Leeds Utd crazy ex chairman Masimo Cellino......we are not top 4....goodbye. Rinse and repeat.

midfielder

SM

Is it possible to ask MC, his plans for the next two years... especially about spending on players...and then report on what his position is.

midfielder

I don't trust him and the way people carry on about him is almost like religion. Weird.

My guess you are in the majority .... he is portrayed as a subsidy getting freeloader with crazy ideas that won't work.... and has been for quite a few years ... but he keeps proving everyone wrong.

He has taken on the fossil fuel industry and produced electric cars ... today his car company has a higher capitalism than GMH ... now thats hard core wall street investors ...

His rocket company has been taking cargo to the space station for years and he has worked out how to reuse rockets going into space... He has today the biggest rocket in the world and he can return it to earth.... no one has ever come close to this...

The roof titles he developed are a product that will change much of the world...

And he plans to build a newer and better internet ...

He is a huge believer in climate change and that has brought him very powerful enemies.

I can understand why you don't trust him ... as thats what the media have said..

Personally I don't think in his lifetime he will ever convince people who don't believe in climate change he is right and because he is so effective he is very much the subject of he is a fraud ....but in the future he will be remembered as one of the greats of his time...

I will make a bet with you... within 10 years ... yep 10 years ... 50% of cars made in the world will be electric ... within 15 years his titles will be on 50% of new buildings...

Wombat

I'm working at Darling Harbour this week and they have bays for electric cars to park close to the lifts and with free recharge of your battery. There is not one single electric car in those bays Middy! Your 10 plan might be a tad optimistic.

nebakke

I'm working at Darling Harbour this week and they have bays for electric cars to park close to the lifts and with free recharge of your battery. There is not one single electric car in those bays Middy! Your 10 plan might be a tad optimistic.

It's a chicken-and-the-egg type problem that Musk has taken on though - hence the various Tesla branded charging stations being build up the east-coast. The cars are useless without the ability to charge them and the charging stations are just empty wastes of space, without cars to use them. The approach now is very much about getting the infrastructure in place on the understanding that most of the major vehicle producers have electric cars either on their way, or already here.
So I wouldn't see the empty charging bays as an indication of anything other than that the major brands still only have one or two models available. In terms of production, barring something relatively unforeseen, I reckon Middy is probably right about a 10-15 year timeframe.

Insertnamehere

Europe is banning diesel don't forget. I don't know the time frame but given they signed the Paris accord I would say 10-20yrs.

VicMariner

My guess you are in the majority .... he is portrayed as a subsidy getting freeloader with crazy ideas that won't work.... and has been for quite a few years ... but he keeps proving everyone wrong.

He has taken on the fossil fuel industry and produced electric cars ... today his car company has a higher capitalism than GMH ... now thats hard core wall street investors ...

His rocket company has been taking cargo to the space station for years and he has worked out how to reuse rockets going into space... He has today the biggest rocket in the world and he can return it to earth.... no one has ever come close to this...

The roof titles he developed are a product that will change much of the world...

And he plans to build a newer and better internet ...

He is a huge believer in climate change and that has brought him very powerful enemies.

I can understand why you don't trust him ... as thats what the media have said..

Personally I don't think in his lifetime he will ever convince people who don't believe in climate change he is right and because he is so effective he is very much the subject of he is a fraud ....but in the future he will be remembered as one of the greats of his time...

I will make a bet with you... within 10 years ... yep 10 years ... 50% of cars made in the world will be electric ... within 15 years his titles will be on 50% of new buildings...
From what I see the media seems to fawn all over him. I have not heard much criticism of him.
- I don't think in his lifetime he will ever convince people who don't believe in climate change he is right -
I accept climate change is real and human activity is a crucial factor. Do you think distrust of Musk makes me a climate denier?
That is a strange bet. With or without Musk we are going to increase electric car use. He is irrelevant in that regard.

Sure he has done some impressive things, no doubt. But he isn't the second coming like a lot of people make out. I'll make a bet with you. Musk says he will put people on Mars by 2024.
https://futurism.com/elon-musk-is-officially-sending-humans-to-mars-in-2024/
I bet he does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member