• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

Is that the reason for claiming there was only 10,500 at the game on Sunday.

According to drive bys the Pax was 9500 plus add our 6000 members.

Pretty sure there was at least 13k there.

Any reason for the discrepancy.....

1. Pay less to FFA?
2. Helps MC's masterplan to move some games?
3. Ticketing errors?

kevrenor

Has anyone else received replacement membership cards?

They are supposed to replace the old ones that had an incorrect barcode printed on them.

Unfortunately the new ones do not have seat, nor bay numbers printed on them and as far as I can tell the barcodes are identical.

I do not think I will be ditching my old ones just yet.

Anybody else?

I'll take both on my lanyard, and the pdf on my phone, and see what happens.

Luca Brasi

Shaun raised at the pre game that CCM argued against any Thursday night game, but if they had to do it, not that Thursday night just 4 days after the WSW game and not in school holidays. FFA disregarded this, even without a boycott we would have been lucky to crack 5k. Staging the game cost the club $50,000 and he spoke about balancing the business and football needs of CCM given that regional areas are offering to host games and pay the club $100,000. He (courageously) wanted to engage fans again in the discussion about relocating 2 home games in future seasons. He emphasized that this is not North Sydney re-visited but areas such as Gold Coast, Nth Qld, Bathurst, Mudgee, Geelong, etc.
This has been a divisive issue among fans and with CCM management and I have been appalled at some of the owners comments previously and the North Sydney shambles.
Having said that, I am happy to stick my neck out and say in the short term I would rather see 11 home games rather than none at all if it can turn the balance sheet around by $300k a season. I know Dibo and others have very strong views about this and other ideas about sustainable financial models. Perhaps Shaun you could expand on this?

gull

Shaun raised at the pre game that CCM argued against any Thursday night game, but if they had to do it, not that Thursday night just 4 days after the WSW game and not in school holidays. FFA disregarded this, even without a boycott we would have been lucky to crack 5k. Staging the game cost the club $50,000 and he spoke about balancing the business and football needs of CCM given that regional areas are offering to host games and pay the club $100,000. He (courageously) wanted to engage fans again in the discussion about relocating 2 home games in future seasons. He emphasized that this is not North Sydney re-visited but areas such as Gold Coast, Nth Qld, Bathurst, Mudgee, Geelong, etc.
This has been a divisive issue among fans and with CCM management and I have been appalled at some of the owners comments previously and the North Sydney shambles.
Having said that, I am happy to stick my neck out and say in the short term I would rather see 11 home games rather than none at all if it can turn the balance sheet around by $300k a season. I know Dibo and others have very strong views about this and other ideas about sustainable financial models. Perhaps Shaun you could expand on this?

I can live with games in some of the areas that you mention, but the attempt to turn us into a northern Sydney team was a joke. At least in those places we're growing the game, not giving free tickets to people who couldn't care less.

Be open and honest about the reasons (such as the comments above from Shaun) and I'm sure that most of us can accept this.

Rowdy

FFA disregarded this, even without a boycott we would have been lucky to crack 5k. Staging the game cost the club $50,000 and he spoke about balancing the business and football needs of CCM

Should of closed half the ground like ACL games, reducing some of the costs for seccy's, food/beverage staff etc.

Rowdy

Even more reason to get a move along on developing the 5000 seater stand at Tuggerah.

Wellington, Perth, Adelaide games could be played there with CCM reaping 100% from tickets, food & alcohol sales.

Members could be given a designated seat based on their membership status, Platinum/Gold/Navy etc. First in Best dressed, ie. Longest concurrent memberships get a seat until the 5,000 are filled, if you just got a membership this year or last and miss out on a seat then your on the terraces.

Put concrete terraces at either end for Bay16 Memberships and the excess over-flow of the 5, 000 of the Navy Members, who would be allowed to bring in their own deck/camp chair a'la Pluim Park.

Over time if it proves successful; build another 5,000 seat stadium on the opposite side. Then you'll have a self sustainable football club.

Last edited:

bikinigirl

Having said that, I am happy to stick my neck out and say in the short term I would rather see 11 home games rather than none at all if it can turn the balance sheet around by $300k a season.

. no doubt the conversation will be had again ... i was quite surprised that storrie dropped the 'bombshell' in his open letter before nicking off back home - odd timing methinks (especially when we thought we had moved on from it)

. but the conversation needs to be open and comparisons honest the $300k noted above is a good headline number but it will still cost to take a game to, say, mudgee ... so even though the regional areas will pay - the club will still incur increased costs eg. travel and accomodation (plus doing the right thing they will be in the regional centre for a longer period of time than a typical away game). likewise ticket giveaways / discounts must be considered - the trips to NSO became a debacle because of it

SNEAKY EDIT: and don't be cheeky with discounts/in-kind contributions

bikinigirl

At least in those places we're growing the game, not giving free tickets to people who couldn't care less.

... or giving free tickets to those that are quite happy to pay $160 each for all their kids to wear del piero shirts to a mariners game they have been given the tickets to while the kids run around stopping other people from actually watching the game

Shaun Mielekamp

Hi Shaun,
Can I ask "who thought it was a good idea to play with the scoreboard"?
Fantastic idea? now when sitting back past the halfway line patrons can`t even see the clock! the stats would even be useful if they weren`t so damn small.
We`re not at the football stadium with a screen 4 times the size of ours.
Please at least put the time clock back to it`s original size...

Also, in an effort to enhance the match day experience of our supporters :
If there is only going to be a limited supply of the LOOSE CANNON would it not be wise to give them to supporters in Yellow & Navy?
Against Sydney last week I got there 40 mins before KO & there was none left, but every Sydney fan sitting in front of me had a copy!!

Thanks, rant over

Thanks for the feedback this is actually the first I had heard we made any changes to the scoreboard. The tech's and event staff are now looking into why this was changed and if there was any reason behind it.

Also on the Loose Cannon we do release these exclusively forst at the pre-match function and then at gates after that. We are trying to find ways to increase the numbers to match the increased demand we have experienced this season since we improved it.

Shaun Mielekamp

I second this.There is enough broken seats in bay 16 that we could knock it out easy and would probably be cheaper then replacing them all constantly.

So when do we start Shaun?
Hi Luke

Unfortunately I don't think we can start this one just yet. To give some insight I was heavily involved in a trial of rail seating at Pirtek stadium that we had hoped would be a pilot for the countries first full terrace installation of these. Unfortunately the trial proved counter productive with the seats that were durable enough were made for colder climates and being made of metal caused minor scalding through the summer heat. The plastic versions did not pass the test either as they did not lock effectively enough and the railing caused poor seat visibility when everyone sat down. But the real nail in the coffin was that patrons were standing on the rail and at that extreme height caused more risk than just a standard flip seat - it was a real shame but you never say never.

Shaun Mielekamp

Shaun

I presume you are still reading this thread..

Let me start by agreeing that part of our solution lies in the northern outskirts of Sydney… However moving games from Gosford is beyond inept further and importantly it will not get the very folk you want from the outskirts of northern Sydney…

I feel very cold at the announcement and it seems so so so out of touch not only of the coastal community but of Sydney’s stadium infrastructure and recent announcements by Lyall Gorman pertaining to a team in Southern Sydney …. Fact is Brookie oval sits in a RL heartland and even Manly with all their success struggle to average 12 k, add the fact t is a very poor stadium … NSO is simply too close to SFC and too far away from the Coast to get any real traction, plus does not meet ground standards.

The obvious nay beyond obvious question is if we can’t pull the crowd in Gosford what makes anyone think we can pull the crowd where we are not a local team simply a product crashing in…

Today with Cronulla / St George / Campbelltown team move very much on the cards there is nowhere to go.

All this was discussed last time what hasn’t been discussed is how much people like me will put up with…. My football journey is long … starting with Auburn, then Blacktown Demons, Northern Spirit and finally the Mariners…

I choose the Mariners for two reasons over SFC, first because Lyall spoke about creating this Centre of Excellence and second as I thought this side will need all the support it can get given the CC is a RL heartland.

My first 30 years on this earth were from Western Sydney, I still have a house in Epping about 10 minutes drive to Parramatta…. Compare the atmosphere ….. many members come from the Gladesville Hornsby Association and many are much much closer to Parramatta than Gosford…

Today I am proud to call myself a Coastie living in Hosfield Bay with my business at Ettalong. However I grow tied of supporting a team that does not want to support the Coast and is seen more as a product than a local entity …

Shaun I can tell you how to get more folk within 5 to 7 Kls of the southern end of the F3… however take some games away and you have lost me as a member and to all those early Saturday and early Sunday games or when it rains or is to hot … You can only push people so far before they say enough is enough … move these games and this time you have lost me as a member and regular no matter what time or what weather and our travelling pack of 5 we are all gone.

Please accept we hear and understand, but the answer is not moving games …
Hi Midfielder

I greatly appreciate your feedback and genuinely take this on board. As has been outlined I am currently in the process of generating a report for Mike and Peter that takes into account the constructive feedback from the members and supporter base. This is not about just moving games at all and totally agree with your point there.

regards

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey Shaun (echo echo echo echo......)

Tried using the new E-Membership that was emailed to me........

Massive FAIL.
Hey Rowdy
Is that the reason for claiming there was only 10,500 at the game on Sunday.

According to drive bys the Pax was 9500 plus add our 6000 members.

Pretty sure there was at least 13k there.

Any reason for the discrepancy.....

1. Pay less to FFA?
2. Helps MC's masterplan to move some games?
3. Ticketing errors?
Your PAX includes membership barcodes, the 10,500 was the true read on entries. This also applies for the 4500 on Thursday, the crowd figures are signed off by me incase anyone was wondering. The process is pretty transparent and no need for me to alter the actuals as being a council run venue the information is readily available and no point in my opinion is altering them up or down.

Shaun Mielekamp

Thank you Luca I really appreciate your update here and this is very accurate account. Keen to hear everyones thoughts keeping in mind that we ARE committed to 11 games in the coast no matter what.

Shaun Mielekamp

. no doubt the conversation will be had again ... i was quite surprised that storrie dropped the 'bombshell' in his open letter before nicking off back home - odd timing methinks (especially when we thought we had moved on from it)

. but the conversation needs to be open and comparisons honest the $300k noted above is a good headline number but it will still cost to take a game to, say, mudgee ... so even though the regional areas will pay - the club will still incur increased costs eg. travel and accomodation (plus doing the right thing they will be in the regional centre for a longer period of time than a typical away game). likewise ticket giveaways / discounts must be considered - the trips to NSO became a debacle because of it

SNEAKY EDIT: and don't be cheeky with discounts/in-kind contributions
Hi Bikini Girl

Please know that the negotiations for Geelong cover all our expenses and stadium costs prior to the revenue received and we would negotiate along these lines (not that we have started to discuss this in any material format yet with venues).

the numbers are factual that it costs us over $50k at our worst matches and we do get offered $100k to take these elsewhere after costs are covered.

Rowdy

You should be emailing a pdf version of 'The Loose Cannon' out to ALL 5,500 members the morning of the game.

Then instruct the people handing a printed version out at the gates to ask "are you a member" ?

If they say "No", then hand them a printed Loose Cannon telling them inside are details about a chance for them to 'Win a FREE MEMBERSHIP' for next season, simply by txt-ing their 'Name & Address' to a 1800##CCM number to go into the draw.

Put an ad up with a voice-over on the big-screen at Half Time with all the same details explaining the competetion as well.

Txting rather than emailing gives you the all important contact phone number needed for person to person verbal communication in future marketing for new members.

If they say Yes, then inform them to check their email 'using your phone' and they'll find an e-version has been sent to them. (If they say they don't have a smart phone &/or email, then tell the volunteers to tell them to contact the club and update their details with an email account so they can recieve an e-version & with a smile - just give one anyway)

For the cost of a Membership, Navy:$200 -Platnm:$380, I'd expect you would reap the details of at least 500 to possibly a 1,000 new prospective members at a minimum, if this initiative was carried out for every home game for the remainder of the season.

EXTREMELY CHEAP marketing strategy for the results you could possibly achieve.

Note:
Oversight by cross referencing the databases would be needed in regards to the guaranteed 'sneaky buggers' who are already members entering the draw hoping to jag a free membership for next season. :rolleyes:

So where's my e-version? Think of $$$'s you'll save in not having to print me one or the other 5,500 members. :cool:

Last edited:

style_cafe

Thanks for the feedback this is actually the first I had heard we made any changes to the scoreboard. The tech's and event staff are now looking into why this was changed and if there was any reason behind it.

Also on the Loose Cannon we do release these exclusively forst at the pre-match function and then at gates after that. We are trying to find ways to increase the numbers to match the increased demand we have experienced this season since we improved it.

Thanks Shaun both items are really important.
Congrats on the girls winning too mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred