• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy

Well it's not really, its public knowledge that his contract finished this year.
You've put a ? after both 'sacked' ? & 'contract not-extended' ?
Neither of which has been clarified by either the Club or Cahn himself
.... & thus the Question remains.

Ben was under the impression that he was still in the driver's seat for the forth coming NYL (told perhaps ?? he would have his contract extended)
- why ?? else would he say that he
"is looking forward to the upcoming Foxtel National Youth League campaign".

IF he was given a verbal that he'd be doing NYL (extension forthcoming) & then subsequently told 'thanks, but no thanks'
.... that's getting sacked imo.
- regardless if it was done the last week of his current contract per say.

So until either parties give their version of events & the other confirms or denies what the other is claiming then it's nothing but ???'s

Maybe not the 'Million $' ?
But @ least the '$64'. :p

Wombat

Sacked? Or just not extended?

Scotty. When you are excelling in your job and your contract doesn't get renewed its a WTF moment. Same as Monty getting shafted after being our player of the season again.
Maybe there is a big picture/grand plan we haven't seen yet or maybe this is just some collateral damage.

scottmac

Suspended
Scotty. When you are excelling in your job and your contract doesn't get renewed its a WTF moment. Same as Monty getting shafted after being our player of the season again.
Maybe there is a big picture/grand plan we haven't seen yet or maybe this is just some collateral damage.
Ok let's use monty as an example. Monty shafted or just not extended to leave space for a signing which on paper is up there with the signing of Zwanny?
Don't get me wrong I love monty but I'll take Wout any day of the week if you put then side by side and asked me to choose.
So you say excelling. Let's compare monty excelling to wouts first season in 8 months time.
Same with Ben. Lets compare ben excelling to who ever comes in in 12 months time and see if it was the right decision.

Timmah

You've put a ? after both 'sacked' ? & 'contract not-extended' ?
Neither of which has been clarified by either the Club or Cahn himself
.... & thus the Question remains.

Ben was under the impression that he was still in the driver's seat for the forth coming NYL (told perhaps ?? he would have his contract extended)
- why ?? else would he say that he
"is looking forward to the upcoming Foxtel National Youth League campaign".

IF he was given a verbal that he'd be doing NYL (extension forthcoming) & then subsequently told 'thanks, but no thanks'
.... that's getting sacked imo.
- regardless if it was done the last week of his current contract per say.

So until either parties give their version of events & the other confirms or denies what the other is claiming then it's nothing but ???'s

Maybe not the 'Million $' ?
But @ least the '$64'. :p
upload_2017-9-12_9-36-19.png

Going by this, his contract ended after the NPL2 season?

Ancient Mariner

Not wishing to put Monty's performances down, nor to detract from him in any way, but being the player of the season for the Mariners any time over the last couple of years is not necessarily the greatest reference.

I was sad to see Monty go, as was any other supporter of the Club with any heart. However we all reach our use by date.

I agree with scottmac above that the team's midfield has been improved.

A manager has to manage. A competent manager will move people, that he sees as the best available, into appropriate positions.

He will live or die by the results.

It is not about him feeling threatened or looking over his shoulder, he is doing his job.

style_cafe

I was there when Cahn departed Ken Schembri`s office last week.
It all looked quite amicable to me at the time.
I`ve known Ken for over 20 years & as a football administrator, I would have to say he is one of the best I`ve come across.
If he had anything to do with Cahn leaving, I would have to say it was in the best interests of the club.
I have the utmost respect for him in that regard.

sydmariner

I just had a crack at it, same result
...... no tickets available for the away section !!!
- unbelievable that it will cost Ault: $36 + +$4.45 fee?(added on prior to ->) +$9.95 transaction fee.

= $50.40 to go watch CCM v WSW Away !

- WSW have gone from Drive-By shootings to flat out Robbery !!

Shaun can you flick the WSW a please explain on the ticket issues above using the Ticketmaster website and a wtf o_O on prices

Taa thanks ;)
I just got my away bay ticket's & ALL away bay ticket's are now on sail
from http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/west...=1764966&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11&bba=1
but they don't take paypal:mad:

Rowdy

Hey Shaun,

pretty poor planning from yourselves in NOT informing members directly about the 'earn your stripes' program you've implemented, which ultimately could enable members to save money by getting 10% off their membership next season.

No email sent out ??
No SMS ??
- just announced it on the CCM website
(& seriously, how many members do you honestly expect to check the website EVERY single DAY)

On top of all that, you ONLY gave all members less than 24hrs notice :oops: (that's if they happened to stumble across the announcement in time on the website on Friday, the day you announced it) that one of the key rerequirements to be eligible for the 10% discount next season was:
- to 'attend the CCM Fans Day' in Kibble Park THE FOLLOWING DAY !!
- & have your name checked off a list that you were actually there.

.......too bad if you'd already planned other things
... well away from the Gosford CBD that day.

OR unlucky enough to find out about ALL OF THIS on the following Monday morning (this posting is the first mention of it on this forum)

Then there's the FaceBook thing.

I get that the club would like to have more 'likes' & 'followers' on your official FB page
BUT

I, like many others, refuse to hand over my personal details, my photo library, my current & past locations or better yet
.... MY LIFE
- to a twat geek 'gazillionare' like Mike Zuckerberg and whomever Government Agencies/Private Corporations that he on-sell's all of that data to.

FaceBook SHOULDN'T be the 'Be-ALL & End-ALL' form of communication/connection between members and the club !
- & I've explained THIS ⬆ point to Dan Challinor via an EMAIL earlier this year, & also regards to CCM possibly emailing members (&past members) about the new foreign signings to increase renewals of both existing memberships and those that perhaps have not done so for a few years.

You yourself could have (or have staff) posted this offer's details in bulleted form here on this very Forum.

So at a guess, with the less than 24hr notice of having to be at the 'CCM Fans Day' coupled with your requirement to be a user of 'Facebook' there'll probably only be a relatively small number of members who will qualify for your offer of a discount on next years Membership 10% off/Training Session w/ BBQ Personal Invite ???

Dissapointing.
- as I would have liked to have been easily eligible based on my past history if hoing to ALL home fames as well as Syd/Scum/ WSW away games.
.... but am sadly excluded bc of FB

& I chose not to go to the Fans Day because a) I couldn't buy a Jersey 'like I actually did the year before' @ Pluim
b) prior to your belated announcement of the offer had no reason to, other than the Captain Announcement

Last edited:

Yoda

Hey Shaun,

pretty poor planning from yourselves in NOT informing members directly about the 'earn your stripes' program you've implemented, which ultimately could enable members to save money by getting 10% off their membership next season.

No email sent out ??
No SMS ??
(& seriously, how many members do you honestly expect to check the website EVERY single DAY)

On top of all that, you ONLY gave all members less than 24hrs notice :oops: (that's if they happened to stumble across the announcement in time on the website on Friday, the day you announced it) that one of the key rerequirements to be eligible for the 10% discount next season was:

OR unlucky enough to find out about ALL OF THIS on the following Monday morning (this posting is the first mention of it on this forum)

I get that the club would like to have more 'likes' & 'followers' on your official FB page
BUT

I, like many others, refuse to hand over my personal details, my photo library, my current & past locations or better yet
.... MY LIFE
- to a twat geek 'gazillionare' like Mike Zuckerberg and whomever Government Agencies/Private Corporations that he on-sell's all of that data to.

FaceBook SHOULDN'T be the 'Be-ALL & End-ALL' form of communication/connection between members and the club !
- & I've explained THIS ⬆ point to Dan Challinor via an EMAIL earlier this year, & also regards to CCM possibly emailing members (&past members) about the new foreign signings to increase renewals of both existing memberships and those that perhaps have not done so for a few years.

You yourself could have (or have staff) posted this offer's details in bulleted form here on this very Forum.

So at a guess, with the less than 24hr notice of having to be at the 'CCM Fans Day' coupled with your requirement to be a user of 'Facebook' there'll probably only be a relatively small number of members who will qualify for your offer of a discount on next years Membership 10% off/Training Session w/ BBQ Personal Invite ???

Dissapointing.
- as I would have liked to have been easily eligible based on my past history if hoing to ALL home fames as well as Syd/Scum/ WSW away games.

& I chose not to go to the Fans Day because a) I couldn't buy a Jersey 'like I actually did the year before' @ Pluim
b) prior to your belated announcement of the offer had no reason to, other than the Captain Announcement

I think in all your excitement you missed the following in the first line;

To launch the initiative there are currently 10 stripes on offer, but keep your eye out for bonus stripes during the season. These bonus stripes will allow you to make up ground for stripes you may miss during the season.
Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...sema5ge22k361mfjuhr39ldim#CffbcVz2T38uGXcs.99

Big Al

Hey Shaun,

No email sent out ??
No SMS ??

BUT

.... MY LIFE

Dissapointing.

There are alot out there who love Facebook. Probably the original and most popular of the social media forms. Like you Rowdy it's not for me. However I don't begrudge the club for promoting it.
That choice of mine unfortunately means I miss out on this info but that alone is not getting me on FB.

Agree the advertisement was poor, i had no idea but I would presume it was promoted on FB as it is to benefit those people.

Comes down to choice. Do you want in and save the 10% or keep your privacy and pay full price

I was very surprised to see old merchandise and no new stuff at the fan day. Felt that was a bigger fail.

While here is a good spot to promote it is not an official club channel. We are just lucky Shaun pops in

Gratis

Rowdy, you keep your cards so close to your chest, what do you really mean?

If this were anyone else I'd have sensed some disappointment, maybe some irritation, but with you I just can't tell.

Hehe, sorry. Nothing wrong with a bit of passion!

Rowdy

While here is a good spot to promote it is not an official club channel. We are just lucky that Shaun pops in
Well if you go to Page 1/1st post you'll notice that Shaun did create & label this particlar thread.

As I said, I've emailed the club prev about this.

Which leads me to highlight that when Shaun first came on here, he made the point so to speak, that this forum constituted a significant number of the clubs fans who have supported the Mariners from the very beginning through thick & thin and subsequently, perhaps, haven't recieved the recognition from previous Managements BUT hoped to rectify that now he was the new CEO.

As you said Al, and I already noted in my post and agree with you ..... I dont begrudge the club using FB & not just because I choose not to use it, but is this Forum not just as a significant piece of 'social media technology' that 'customers' of CCM use on a daily basis.

Dont get me wrong, as I'm NOT steam'n over this ........ just pointing out what I believe is a case of 'dropping the ball'.
That's all ;)

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey Shaun,

No email sent out ??
No SMS ??

BUT

.... MY LIFE

Dissapointing.

Hey Rowdy

Cheers for the feedback and just some background for your reference. We are midstream in changing our email system which caused us some grief last week. We had aimed to have all bugs ironed out well before now but I was unaware that the email we intended to send on the Earn your stripes failed to land last week. Some members may have noticed our emails are all hitting junk folders which is another issue we are working through but confident of rectifying very soon.
Yes we were only able to hit Facebook, Twitter and Website but it was that or not launch at all. Our limited budget on SMS is just about exhausted already as it is expensive to SMS every potential member and member so we made the call to SMS everyone just about going to the Family day.

Most important is if you read the fine print there will be bonus stripes and opportunities to gain the extra stripes so all good I am confident you will get there.

Yes we were just as disappointed as everyone was that the retail delivery has not landed yet and the only merchandise available was last years product. To be very specific (which is info that you can't get on facebook) is that because we had to make some detailed last minute changed to some of the merchandise items once we had the players fittings production of the entire shipment was help up. There were changes to fit and cut which we felt important enough to make sure that quality was given precedence over delivery time. The length of the shorts, two buttons instead of three buttons on the home jersey and the fabric for the walkout jacket being reversed are some that spring to mind.

As far as our involvement on here generally you guys are so fast and do the hard work for us we can only be grateful as a club. It is rare that any facebook post or twitter comment doesn't find its way on here before we would be able to post directly on here. Once our 50,000 facebook followers receive the information it is often very quickly spread which unfortunately didn't help you this time Rowdy.

I do try and jump on here when I can and as always keen to have a more genuine conversation here than what can happen on main social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami