• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insertnamehere

Surely yoof team isn't in okons portfolio. I can't imagine a rookie coach being allowed to make such decisions.
Maybe where you have ego and experience.
We're a club that needs to get it right though. Who is cahns superior in the yoof?

Pirate Pete

Surely yoof team isn't in okons portfolio. I can't imagine a rookie coach being allowed to make such decisions.
Maybe where you have ego and experience.
We're a club that needs to get it right though. Who is cahns superior in the yoof?

Academy Director Ken Schembri?

Coast Football Ramble

I'm absolutely disgusted to see this happen to Ben.
He didn't want to leave, you can see that in what he said before his demise.
Someone must be scared and looking over their shoulder.
Pathetic

Rowdy

You're kidding right ?

A) Tony Walmsley as 1st Team Coach hired Ben Cahn to Youth.

B) Paul Okon isnt some 'Neville Nobody' when it comes to being labelled a rookie and certainly not in regards to Youth Development
........ he came to CCM straight from overseeing the Australian Youth System from the U23 Olyroo's and down.

As to the inference of 'interfering' or it's 'outside Okon's portfolio'

As the Mariner's have an industry reputation, as well as a historical record of 'developing Youth' & selling them on
....... Charlesworth hiring Okon from his preceding role with the FFA was to do just that
- alongside putting together a 'Finals' competitive A-League team, utilising the Youth within it.

Wombat

Pathetic

Yep. Confirmed Jimmy.
It was 100% not Ben's decision.
Ok Shaun you are quick enough to tell us the good stuff. How about you spill the beans on the shitty stuff.
Whose idea was it to sack the best Youth coach we have ever had??

Football nut

Pathetic
I said it months ago Ben will be given his marching orders does not have a big enough ego for Okon. What's the bet Vidmar gets the job another job for the boys. He is now finished up at AIS and will bring in kids from all over the country side leaving little chance for local youth. It really is a shame Ben was highly respected by players and seemed to get the best out of them.

Wombat

I said it months ago Ben will be given his marching orders does not have a big enough ego for Okon. What's the bet Vidmar gets the job another job for the boys. He is now finished up at AIS and will bring in kids from all over the country side leaving little chance for local youth. It really is a shame Ben was highly respected by players and seemed to get the best out of them.

Doesnt Vidmar have a history of failure?

scottmac

Suspended
As a supporter base we are very quick to light the torches and grab the pitchforks when something happens that we dont fully understand and dont have the full story to. Especially when it's involving someone that we've become accustomed to or built relationships with.
The way I see it, this is Okon's ship. So far he hasn't really put a foot wrong. I can't see him really having the last say over this appointment but for one minute lets assume that he does. Can anyone really begrudge him at this point in time wanting his own choice there rather than TW's? If as someone else suggested we did get a Vidmar appointment then how is that a bad thing for an Aleague academy? I'd suggest it would be a f**king great signing up there alongside Arnold's appointment for the Mariners all those years ago.
Yes our academy sides have been going great. Yes Ben has done an outstanding job. Does he suit where the academy is headed? I don't know. What I do know is that this time next year we'll know wether or not this was the right decision.
Let's see who comes in.

Big Al

If Paulo is making these decisions lets tie the guy down.

All good to set it all up as long as he is here to run it. If he buggers off in 12 months or even earlier then what?

Rowdy

I think MC will see how Okon fares with his x3 new visa signings (Hiriaj/Asdrúbal/Brama) & prob make a decision like that 2/3rd's the way through this season.

Big Al

Ben was also plucked from nowhere, which I don't have a problem with. It was a signing on potential not a job for a mate.
But he is young and has lots to learn. There are potentially better credentialed coaches to lead an A A-League academy.

He did well and had the boys playing well but still lots of defensive errors and lack of game management control. They lost or let a few wins go with these errors.

We also don't know what he was being judged on.

Big Al

I think MC will see how Okon fares with his x3 new visa signings (Hiriaj/Asdrúbal/Brama) & prob make a decision like that 2/3rd's the way through this season.
Agree but it could be to late by then as well. Melbourne City would love him if this new bloke is a failure and already they have concerns in there coaching ranks. Pauli at City would attract all the best kids as a goid coach with youth and the connections of City for move after A League.

If we trust Paulo to set these things up ee surely trust him enough to guve an extention. Even if we add conditions like top 6 finish etc. So the clause would be we can sack you if you don't mke the six at end of season otherwise your in for next year

sydmariner

I just had a crack at it, same result
...... no tickets available for the away section !!!
- unbelievable that it will cost Ault: $36 + +$4.45 fee?(added on prior to ->) +$9.95 transaction fee.

= $50.40 to go watch CCM v WSW Away !

- WSW have gone from Drive-By shootings to flat out Robbery !!

Shaun can you flick the WSW a please explain on the ticket issues above using the Ticketmaster website and a wtf o_O on prices

Taa thanks ;)
@Rowdy away bay tickets are now avialable from $40.45 including booking fee from https://m.ticketmaster.com.au/ticke...13005312982545B0&fullflow=0&full=1&section=18

Rowdy

That Ticketmaster website is a piece of shit !

Yeah, it'll give you Adult tickets for away section if you select the green button at the top
..... IF YOURE AFTER ADULT tickets ONLY !

But gives "NO TICKETS AVAILABLE" if you select either a Family/Kids/or Concession or Adult/Kid/Concession combination of tickets in the section below it.

Again, a piece of shit

ZedSpecials

So fair old vacuum has been created by the FFA COE closing I think.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...of-excellence-shuts-down-20170819-gxzuux.html
Securing a Vidmar from the wreckage would surely give our academy a massive advantage no? local youth sure, suffer short term. Better in the end that they are pressed for selection by top players that a guy like him could bring in?
This Ben fella could then, as good as he has been, perhaps be viewed as just a bit of a casualty then?
Am I miles off?:oops: Hate the Okon bashing !

Wombat

So fair old vacuum has been created by the FFA COE closing I think.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...of-excellence-shuts-down-20170819-gxzuux.html
Securing a Vidmar from the wreckage would surely give our academy a massive advantage no? local youth sure, suffer short term. Better in the end that they are pressed for selection by top players that a guy like him could bring in?
This Ben fella could then, as good as he has been, perhaps be viewed as just a bit of a casualty then?
Am I miles off?:oops: Hate the Okon bashing !

People are pissed off because Ben moulded an average side into a team that would beat bigger clubs like Wanderers and actually looked better set up defensively than any Mariners side under Moss, TW or Okon (although they were shit at set pieces, like the senior side). This side had the potential to be the best in the Comp and when they fired they would demolish opponents.
He was a very good Coach and did nothing wrong....most would say his record shat on Paulo's last season effort.
People are unhappy because it was unwarranted sacking. The Vidmars have not proved themselves at all.

scottmac

Suspended
People are pissed off because Ben moulded an average side into a team that would beat bigger clubs like Wanderers and actually looked better set up defensively than any Mariners side under Moss, TW or Okon (although they were shit at set pieces, like the senior side). This side had the potential to be the best in the Comp and when they fired they would demolish opponents.
He was a very good Coach and did nothing wrong....most would say his record shat on Paulo's last season effort.
People are unhappy because it was unwarranted sacking. The Vidmars have not proved themselves at all.
Sacked? Or just not extended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member