• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun Mielekamp

Hi Shaun

Re memberships. I have seen this suggestion elsewhere - is it something we could take up here.

Could our affiliated 23 clubs allow people to buy CCMFC memberships for anyone associated with the local club through them as 'agents' and the Mariners return a small percentage to the local club. This would be a relatively cheap way to approach an audience that should be open to memberships. The clubs I would imagine would be open to it as it would give them a revenue stream.
Hi Pjennings
Yes we currently have a program in place with our local clubs that is focussed on the kids and a MyClub membership for Under16's that is only $15 and a rebate goes back to the clubs. We are working hard on our local club model that provides tickets, jerseys and benefits that can go as far as a $2000 reward for the clubs. Last year was the first year we really ramped it up and we are working hard to improve it as much as we can. One key things we want to make sure is that we don't create any extra work for the local clubs and their volunteers who do such a tremendous job. Great idea though and i will make sure it is looked at as part of our community review we are undertaking

Shaun Mielekamp

Hi Shaun

Will there be Welcome Wednesday nights again this year?
Hi pjennings

To be honest we haven't decided yet. Last year I know in particular for myself i needed to very quickly hear a lot from the fans and members to catch up and get a feel of what is going on. This year we have definitely received plenty of feedback.

I can confirm there will definitely be opportunities for members to directly engage with the club and provide thoughts and ask questions.

Would you like us to run them again and would the format need to be the same? Last year we ran heaps of them and by the last couple it was difficult to get a lot of members coming as they had gone to a few already.

pjennings

Hi Shaun

Will there be Welcome Wednesday nights again this year?

Hi pjennings

To be honest we haven't decided yet. Last year I know in particular for myself i needed to very quickly hear a lot from the fans and members to catch up and get a feel of what is going on. This year we have definitely received plenty of feedback.

I can confirm there will definitely be opportunities for members to directly engage with the club and provide thoughts and ask questions.

Would you like us to run them again and would the format need to be the same? Last year we ran heaps of them and by the last couple it was difficult to get a lot of members coming as they had gone to a few already.

TBH Shaun I'm a bit (lot) of a Mariners nut. If you put them on I will be there. From my point of view I got a lot from the one at the Kendall when I chatted to Peter Storrie for quite some time about the mindset of the club an opportunity that also allowed me to give direct feedback.

Ettalong Beach offered a different opportunity because Tony was able to give his thoughts on what lay ahead and I also got to chat to you.

Simple answer is that I appreciated the opportunity last year and would attend again if given the chance. I suppose the format, though it worked well last year, might need to be refined if the numbers change. In terms of engagement, I thought these nights proved up front how transparent the club were prepared to be.

Big Al

Hey Shaun
What's the go with Kappa? When does their kit deal end or has it been renewed? Very little info available.
Is the palm tree back or new kit design?

Big Al

Hey Shaun
Was thinking a leagues club might be the next step for the club after the COE.

Thought this could be a viable business where the profits are used to pay for things like marquees or sponsorships or whatever necessary.

Sort of like the NRL model with Parra Eels.

Thought Mingara might be a good start but there assets are substantial so takeovers etc would probably be impossible but they did have a $4m profit according to the 2015 financials and they have a note as part of the charter to help sporting bodies in the area. With the COE now open not far up the road there maybe some partnership possibilities to try access some of those profits. Once the hotel stage gets up they may need a watering hole and there sporting clubs maybe given access to the COE.

Another option might be tying in with NPL clubs with their clubs, to try access some money. Possibly Marconi or Syd United or Blacktown, maybe in exchange we could guarantee a pathway to the Mariners via a youth promotion. There best youth every two years gets a spot with the Mariners or joins our NPL2 team if they aren't ready for first grade in said clubs.

Lot of pokie money out there that would be good to get our hands on.

We need to try something a little unconventional to compete financially

FFC Mariner

There is supposed to be one at Tuggerah. Was part of the deal when the council bent over
I'm guessing it's going to be built with the mythical hotel (remember that?)

dibo

That's part of stage n+1 (where at any given time, n is the next stage to be built).

Wombat

Looks like the Gym is the next building to go up. Right in front of the swimming pool.
No sign of any other works.

dibo

To summarise, we want a realistic, down-to-earth shirt... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots!

And also, we should win things by wearing it!

Rowdy

umbro_io6e6tm5hx4k12y95dvkjvgv1_zpsmd67t4jl.jpg

Thank the Lord & sweet baby Jesus !!!:overheadl:

dibo

Take these West Ham kits - swap the blue for navy and the claret for yellow and we're done here.

g_670646.jpg

g_685476.jpg

Have either white or navy shorts and white or navy socks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred