• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Hasn't he ever. That 3-1 win against Sydney when the away fans were next to us.

Bag 16 winding that guy up in bay 15 until he snapped and was dragged out in a headlock.
MEMORIEEESSSSSS !!!!!!...of the days weve leftttt behinnnnnddddd

Wombat

Yes.
What a great night.
The guy they dragged out was a big unit.
Severely lively banter that night.

Mug Punter

I don't get why we'd ever have understated crowds.

You really don't get it do you?

MC wanted to relocate the club and he understated the crowds to try and suit his agenda, that year game against the Roar was definitely understated by - 2,000 +

Timmah

MC wanted to relocate the club and he understated the crowds to try and suit his agenda, that year game against the Roar was definitely understated by - 2,000 +
So where are these quotes from MC that he wanted to understate crowds?

I can confirm without a shadow of a doubt the Roar crowd after Christmas 2014 was not understated.

Ancient Mariner

:tinfoilhat:
I remember overhearing MC say just that while standing next to him on THE grassy knoll as the first shot rang out.

Last edited:

Timmah

Not entirely correct - the vast majority of people who cried foul were claiming the club deliberately undersold the figure when the error was one with the Ticketek systems at the stadium.

Gratis

ahem - again, this thread is basically a hotline to ask questions of and directly liaise with Shaun yes?

Can we move this unrelated discussion elsewhere?

Reactions: adz

style_cafe

Dear Shaun:
The block of land next to C of E is for sale.
The neighbours (other side) may be shit but it would certainly be good for CCM to extend their holdings there.
Get in quick lad!!!

bikinigirl

I'd argue that the drop in average attendance had more to do with our on-field performance in 2009-10 than the extension of the season.

. and I think people still under-estimate the impact of the Canberra debacle ... what was it? 2 months without a game at home - there was a lot of lost love

Timmah

I could be remembering the wrong thing but wasn't the club's hand forced by the stadium needing remediation work on the surface?

bikinigirl

I could be remembering the wrong thing but wasn't the club's hand forced by the stadium needing remediation work on the surface?

. that was the reason given - which is part of the reason that people were so pissed off ... when we finally returned home we saw that there were a couple of nominal strips of turf that had been replaced. To the punters (mug or otherwise) it was actually worse on our return

. the general consensus was that it was a money grab and the 'remediation' works were used as an excuse because they couldn't/wouldn't publicly admit they were doing it for the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred