• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mug Punter

ahem - again, this thread is basically a hotline to ask questions of and directly liaise with Shaun yes?

Can we move this unrelated discussion elsewhere?

WTF, when has Shaun been on here last to answer any questions?

A bit of a kick in the guts that Wilko signed for Sydney but what do you expect? He knows the joints a rabble and I can only imagine the satisfaction that signing gave Arnie after the disrespect MC and his cohorts displayed to him in return for all the loyalty he showed.

I think if we genuinely spend the full cap we can still get a decent squad together but can you see this mob doing that? They'll Billy Big Bollock in the press but at the end of the day they're a bunch of penny pinching pommies with no real interest in the area.

The sooner Lucas Neill takes us over the better as far as I am concerned!!!

Shaun Mielekamp

Hi Everyone

Long time listener first time caller (apologies for my attempt at humour).

I am sure it has been obvious that I haven't been on here for a while but I firstly wanted to assure you all that where possible I still try very hard to read every post and keep in-tune with discussion here.

The last couple months and the next few still to come is when the real hard work for the club kicks in and is actually some of the busiest times for football clubs as we plan and map out next season after digesting and understanding the results from the season before.

I will be honest it probably still will be sometime yet until I will be back in full flight here purely because I want to be best positioned to engage a meaningful conversation after having done the hard work to accurate speak about the season ahead.

Whilst I know there are many questions still hanging out there that need to be answered that time will come and those questions will all be answered well prior to the season kick off. It is however not the time right now to make promises and engage discussion whilst things are being worked through. I hope you can all understand this, there is more harm than good that will come from making reckless comments about what I believe will happen or be achieved and then failing on those promises.

I have however had many requests to publish my speech from medal night for those that were not there. There was no camera to record my speech but I have had many people in the room that night express their support for what I said.

My speech doesn't have the answers but for what it is worth after removing the pleasantries and acknowledgements I hope my speech notes are interesting for you if for nothing else, I look forward to hearing your thoughts, insights and analysis.

This was my the later part of my speech:

So tonight we have looked back on the season that was and cast an eye forward to the season that will be.

Last season was not a season to forget but it was instead a season we should always remember.

It is a season that will forever remain in our history and one that if we reflect upon and grow from will be seen in the future as a season that started the reshaping of the club towards our journey to become the most innovative, entertaining and community minded sports brand in Australia.

This is the time for us now to ensure that we capitalise on the tough times and challenges we faced this season and leverage from them to ensure we turn this ship around.

Last season wasn’t good enough and we all know that and have broken down in detail the causal factors for this.

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Having a problem and a challenge is simply an opportunity to showcase your best and prove that we can achieve when others will fail.

Today we announced a partnership with the ACT government and Capital football that will see the Mariners return to Canberra and reopen a strategy that was recognised many years ago which can deliver great things for us without detracting anything from our home here in the Central Coast.

It is exciting that we are well progressed to a reciprocal membership deal with Newcastle that will see the F3 Derby return to the glory we all once knew it as and confident it will return.

Our NYE match is back for next season again and I am glad that we have delivered on the promise to make sure this fixture is a mainstay in the FFA scheduling.

We have a new home at the Centre of Excellence and this is the catalyst that ensures we are now connected as a club and are not just a football team with an administration head office.

The good times are ahead of us, our job now is to get those good times to come as quick as we can.

We have a strong plan in place and a clear knowledge of what we need to do. Many of you have seen this plan and anyone who wants me to sit down and take them through what our next five years will look like I will gladly make the time to go through with everyone.

Now is the time to roll up our sleeves and get on with the job.

This club has been built on the values of

Respect

Resourcefulness,

Passion

Positivity

Honesty

Innovation

These values will guide our way and ensure that this season; which will be remembered for the wrong reasons; will also become the season that showed us the light and way forward

As we roll up our sleeves we know that there are no more excuses, no more missed opportunities and no more regrets.

It isn’t IN us to fail

It isn’t IN us to give up

It isn’t IN us to go home and close our eyes hoping this will get better.

What is IN us is the values that make this club great

What is IN us is to make sure we always show respect and deliver on our promises

What is IN us is to make sure we innovate and entertain in ways that others can’t dream of

What is IN us is to be resourceful and gain maximum outcomes from the tools we have today that ensure we will have more tools tomorrow.

What is IN us is to always be positive and believe in ourselves

What is IN us is an honesty to stand by each other in adversity that makes us strong

What is IN us is to always be passionate about our community and never forget who we represent

What is IN us is the Central Coast

It is not IN me to give up or point the finger

What is IN me is a drive to succeed and deliver a club that everyone can be proud of.

It is IN me to dust myself off and do what I can to make next season a fantastic one

What is IN me is the Mariners

Once again it leaves me to finish with a question:

Is it IN you?

Atomic

The reciprocal membership with the scum sounds like a good initiative. Now, only if you could improve the safety of me and my family walking into and out of that shit hole... and during the game, then there is a possibility (albeit small) that I might return to going there at some stage into the future.

nebakke

Actually - I've gotta say, I think the reciprocal membership is an excellent idea - especially considering the moving of games as well...
Much as it means going to the northern hell-hole, it's a bit of a band-aid for moving some games and for mine at least, there's a fair chance that it'll drag me away to one or two more away games... :)

Good work!

Manny_ccm

Mariners & Jets join forces to revitalise the #F3Derby

Friday, 13 May 2016 -
@CCMariners
Comments
The Central Coast Mariners and Newcastle Jets have today announced a ground-breaking membership initiative which is designed to reinvigorate the local rivalry over the next two seasons.
In an exciting partnership, Jets and Mariners full-season ticketed members will be able to attend away fixtures in the F3 Derby free of charge.

The agreement, which runs over the 2016-17 and 2017-18 Hyundai A-League seasons, enable supporters of both clubs to attend three away matches over the two-year arrangement.

Interim Newcastle Jets CEO David Eland believes the initiative will give the fixture a significant boost and help to revive some of the passion and competitiveness of the early F3 Derbies.

“This initiative adds significant value to the clubs’ membership packages,” Eland said.

“I’m sure the opportunity to attend the Away F3 Derbies free of charge will be well received by the members of both clubs.”

The Jets had the better of their local rivals in the most recent campaign, recording two victories in the final third of the season – both in Gosford – with the two teams played out a thrilling 1-1 draw at Hunter Stadium in Round six.

While the Sydney and Melbourne Derbies have taken the spotlight in the Hyundai A-League in recent seasons – and rightly so – the F3 derby remains the competition’s only original local rivalry.

And with memories of the 36,354 fans on hand to watch Central Coast tackle the Jets in the 2008 Grand Final, Mariners CEO Shaun Mielekamp hopes the deal can help make the clash a marquee fixture once again.

“The clubs are committed to restoring the F3 Derbies as the most anticipated clashes of the season,” Mielekamp said.

“This initiative will boost attendance and reinvigorate the passionate rivalry which exists between the Mariners and the Jets.”

Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...ldyyaaenvwii1w4cdsuguiqtf#DqefeIHBDcEZEmel.99

FFC Mariner

Sydney and the Chokers ought to be an add on.

Makes life so much easier and everyone avoids the ruinous ticketek fees - they take a fair clip out of club revenue as well as screwing fans.

If I was CCM, I'd look to move to an Oyster card system and people can top up their membership cards and avoid ticketek all together. Away fans can ask for one too

Will be plenty of used Oyster card technology around pretty soon if NSW moves to tap and pay

If CCM were really lucky, Ticketek would try to sue but I bet they wouldnt as they might not fancy the scrutiny of their 1990's monopolistic business model.

Forum Phoenix

The reciprocal membership with the scum sounds like a good initiative. Now, only if you could improve the safety of me and my family walking into and out of that shit hole... and during the game, then there is a possibility (albeit small) that I might return to going there at some stage into the future.

This. Won't subject my children or elderly parents to it again.

Last edited:

dibo

If I was CCM, I'd look to move to an Oyster card system and people can top up their membership cards and avoid ticketek all together. Away fans can ask for one too

Will be plenty of used Oyster card technology around pretty soon if NSW moves to tap and pay
This is an outstanding idea

FFC Mariner

Thanks.

Said it to them and got blank looks. Sadly I don't think they understood or culturally not ready to be the disruptor

Paolo

Thanks.

Said it to them and got blank looks. Sadly I don't think they understood or culturally not ready to be the disruptor
Pretty well bang on what most MLS clubs are doing, with member card attached to bank details and used for all purchases related to club (concessions merch etc) thus grabbing great data on the actions of each member.

Some then take it further with apps with use AI to send push notifications based on your location or actions with offers or promotions. Ie FFC usually makes a purchase of a drink and a pie in the 1st half of each game and hasnt yet, send him push notification with meal deal.

pjennings

Hi Shaun

Re memberships. I have seen this suggestion elsewhere - is it something we could take up here.

Could our affiliated 23 clubs allow people to buy CCMFC memberships for anyone associated with the local club through them as 'agents' and the Mariners return a small percentage to the local club. This would be a relatively cheap way to approach an audience that should be open to memberships. The clubs I would imagine would be open to it as it would give them a revenue stream.

Paolo

Hi Shaun

Re memberships. I have seen this suggestion elsewhere - is it something we could take up here.

Could our affiliated 23 clubs allow people to buy CCMFC memberships for anyone associated with the local club through them as 'agents' and the Mariners return a small percentage to the local club. This would be a relatively cheap way to approach an audience that should be open to memberships. The clubs I would imagine would be open to it as it would give them a revenue stream.
https://osc.newcastlejets.com.au/

The Jets Official Supporter Club program for this year does just that...and more. Great initiative which could be easily replicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred