• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun Mielekamp

Shaun

It’s around midday 7 December, 2020.

The season starts on 27 December or in 20 days’ time.

Our first match is 31 December or 23 days.

Memberships are on sale.

Our draw is not friendly to Sydney based fans.

You have a history of not saying things that are not signed sealed and ready for delivery and for that huge respect.

However, there is no hiding as of right now, this is the worst squad going into a season we have ever had.

You mentioned on Mariner TV we have two potential overseas players… can you give an update…

Further on the same episode you suggested a couple of more senior players to be signed… again can you give an update…

The lack of communication from the club IMO in talking around town is starting to hurt.

Good, bad or indifferent, can you provide an update of when new players announcements should be made and were they are from…
Hey midfielder

I will make sure there is a decent update in the podcast tomorrow. We are also aiming for an online forum to happen before trial match and Carols at the stadium.

We have foreign players lined up to sign but pending visa approvals which we are waiting by the phone for news on. It is an extremely difficult and a new process due to COVID19 as we need to get a travel exemption from the federal government on top of the usual visa processes. The travel exemptions are taken on a case by case basis and where the players originate from and that countries current COVID status all impacts. On top of all that getting flights in from various countries is a lottery and changed daily. Fingers crossed and we are doing everything that we can, all other A-League clubs are affected also and it appears to be more like a lottery than anything else with some clubs getting straight through and some clubs getting fully rejected. The visa players are all in the front third and I do not want to announce a player that gets everyones hopes up just to see him not get into the country and cause more frustration.

Normally we would not even talk about the fact we have visa players lined up along the same principle but also didn't want members feeling like there was nothing coming.

We do have an Australian player lined up for announcement soon and this is in addition to the recent announcements of senior players Ziggy Gordon, Matt Simon along with Academy promotions to Dan Hall, Matthew Hatch announcements that was what i was referring to.

I'm not sure if this is a "lack of communication" or more of a "lack of confirmation" that might be what you are a alluding to. If I give daily updates that there is no update then I'm sure that would be more frustrating. Our focus is to get things locked away, last week we announced the kit and also Carols with trial match vs Young Socceroos.

You would have possibly noticed also that we have added resource to the Football department with Ken Shembri now the Head of Football and driving these functions of the club.

I'm sure you would be more concerned if we didn't have a coach right now.

shipwreck

Hey midfielder

I will make sure there is a decent update in the podcast tomorrow. We are also aiming for an online forum to happen before trial match and Carols at the stadium.

We have foreign players lined up to sign but pending visa approvals which we are waiting by the phone for news on. It is an extremely difficult and a new process due to COVID19 as we need to get a travel exemption from the federal government on top of the usual visa processes. The travel exemptions are taken on a case by case basis and where the players originate from and that countries current COVID status all impacts. On top of all that getting flights in from various countries is a lottery and changed daily. Fingers crossed and we are doing everything that we can, all other A-League clubs are affected also and it appears to be more like a lottery than anything else with some clubs getting straight through and some clubs getting fully rejected. The visa players are all in the front third and I do not want to announce a player that gets everyones hopes up just to see him not get into the country and cause more frustration.

Normally we would not even talk about the fact we have visa players lined up along the same principle but also didn't want members feeling like there was nothing coming.

We do have an Australian player lined up for announcement soon and this is in addition to the recent announcements of senior players Ziggy Gordon, Matt Simon along with Academy promotions to Dan Hall, Matthew Hatch announcements that was what i was referring to.

I'm not sure if this is a "lack of communication" or more of a "lack of confirmation" that might be what you are a alluding to. If I give daily updates that there is no update then I'm sure that would be more frustrating. Our focus is to get things locked away, last week we announced the kit and also Carols with trial match vs Young Socceroos.

You would have possibly noticed also that we have added resource to the Football department with Ken Shembri now the Head of Football and driving these functions of the club.

Nicely done.

Michael

Hey midfielder

thanks for the update Shaun, as much as we get frustrated at the lack of movement with signings I’m sure we all know it’s not bloody easy, especially right now.
There has to be a level of understanding amidst the frustration.

I for one love these kinds of updates you do. Daily ones as you say would be pointless, obviously.

I also LOVE the jets dig at the end xxxx

midfielder

Shaun

Thanks for the update...... very very very very much appreciated..

On the communication / confirmation phase in your post.

I and most understand the prevailing issues pertaining to Cov 19, i.e. state borders, getting on a flight,.... however I was only superficially aware of restrictions like, country of origin, exemption etc... so thank you for explaining that or maybe you already have but in this post in got thu into my brain.

On the communication issue, Mariner TV is excellent... personally while not wanting nor expecting 24/7 updates I would appreciate a weekly or say every 10 day update on a big picture view even if only updates to say nothing has changed and we are still working on it.

In my practice, I have a number of Mariner fans and some Mariner members, further I know a lot of small business owners, and their staff, who also are Mariner fans... Our recent history the kind would say is poor, the cruel would say not A-League level.... many people want to support us and while many do, some need updates ... simply our recent history is hurting us.

Its not the hard core rusted on like me you need its Football / sports fan and to help in spreading that news to these folk... the hard core rusted on also need to be able to tell stories.

Again thanks for the update and I do appreciate your position, further I respect you never post anything until its signed, sealed and ready for delivery.

Ads

It’s been a minute, but we are BACK recording on Wednesday arvo. Questions? Comments? Feedback? We’d love to hear it - drop it here!

Has there been any game day initiatives discussed by the independent committee to bring life back to the A-League?

Despite wanting a family atmosphere is there any potential investment in the entertainment space.

Despite being a bit cheesy Ice Hockey, Baseball, Basketball are a hit for even a non fan of the sport.

* T-shirt Cannons
* Cold spark machines
* Cheerleaders (Cross code cheer comp)
* Competition wide Half way shot
* Pre game fans vs fans (Eg. Soccer AM)

These investments could be covered by increased neutral crowd?

turbo

T-shirt Cannons
* Cold spark machines
* Cheerleaders (Cross code cheer comp)
* Competition wide Half way shot
* Pre game fans vs fans (Eg. Soccer AM)
I don’t mind the last one. Was a bit disappointed safe smoke didn’t really go anywhere much across the league, although with how many Sunday arvo games we have it might not work out so well anyway.

pjennings

You need to think outside the square @Shaun Mielekamp. If you want someone in quickly don't say they are footballers - just say they are Swedish au pairs for Gillon McLachlan's cousins. ;)

midfielder

Shaun

Maybe a tad early but has the A-L any idea on if NSW teams can travel inter state given the virus and there is talk on some forums that the season could be postponed for a bit... with NSW teams maybe needing to travel to inter state bubbles...

Must be a nightmare for NSW teams ... there is a lot of talk the Drive Bys and Wanta be Drive Bys opening match at Bankwest will be called off if crowds can not attend.

Love some insight ... thanks...

Pirate Pete

Postponed I heard
And yet driving home just now I heard the FA are determined the season is going ahead.
The later report seemed to imply the game was still on.
That's why I asked if anyone else heard from another source.
Tracey Holmes on ABC radio mentioned it earlier. Around 1pm.

Ancient Mariner

I think there is a bit of water to pass under the bridge before any definite decisions are made.

It has to be in our interest if the start is delayed.

Who knows the A-League management may even be sorted by then and we have some form of advertising and promotion. It could be in the interests of all.

Tevor

I think there is a bit of water to pass under the bridge before any definite decisions are made.

It has to be in our interest if the start is delayed.

Who knows the A-League management may even be sorted by then and we have some form of advertising and promotion. It could be in the interests of all.
True but there is clear a deadline from Fox so the delay can not be too long or the season will be even more compact than it already is. I feel the season will start however games like WSW v BULLS will be a good crowd and money maker so more inclined to postpone than play behind closed doors. Tend to think our game will go ahead. Lucky to break 5k for a crowd IMO, both clubs not in great shape and Scum fans may not be willing to give up NYE to be on the Coast especially to watch a team with no coach or owner.

Pirate Pete

True but there is clear a deadline from Fox so the delay can not be too long or the season will be even more compact than it already is. I feel the season will start however games like WSW v BULLS will be a good crowd and money maker so more inclined to postpone than play behind closed doors. Tend to think our game will go ahead. Lucky to break 5k for a crowd IMO, both clubs not in great shape and Scum fans may not be willing to give up NYE to be on the Coast especially to watch a team with no coach or owner.
From the SMH. It seems to be on. So don't know what Tracey Holmes was on about earlier.
According to some Jets fan on Reddit he reckoned a few were coming down, but who knows?

The planned launch of the A-League and W-League seasons is still slated for this weekend, but the rest of the 2020-21 calendar could look very different as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak in Sydney's northern beaches.

League powerbrokers are optimistic Sunday's opening clash between Western Sydney Wanderers and expansion side Macarthur FC at Bankwest Stadium will go ahead as scheduled, albeit in front of a reduced crowd if government restrictions are wound back as anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred