• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey Shaun, can you provide any insight into what’s happened with Jai Ingham? Was it Staj that’s decided he doesn’t fit or Ingham being a pea heart? And will he still count against the salary cap?
Also, are you able to confirm if one of the Seoul bro’s isn’t sticking around and which one? Cheers
Hey Michael, I know the usual "mutual termination" is a lot like the "we agreed to be friends" where one is pushing the separation. But i am sure when everyone asks Jai as i know they will he will confirm that this was genuinely a good outcome for him and CCM. This helps Alen allocate the wages to the visa positions and positions we need bolstering and Jai get to return home which he was very excited to do. So this is beneficial for salary cap calculations.

Michael

Hey Michael, I know the usual "mutual termination" is a lot like the "we agreed to be friends" where one is pushing the separation. But i am sure when everyone asks Jai as i know they will he will confirm that this was genuinely a good outcome for him and CCM. This helps Alen allocate the wages to the visa positions and positions we need bolstering and Jai get to return home which he was very excited to do. So this is beneficial for salary cap calculations.

Thanks for the clarification, just a shame this situation came up when everything was going perfectly normal. The football public in this country will lap it up no matter how positive it may end up in terms of the final squad.
Bloody sweet talking Mulvey bites us even after he’s gone.

midfielder

Shaun

Could you explain the visa players rules I can recall reading sometime ago if you signed an Asian player you could get 5 visa players ....

Not sure how it all works would appreciate understanding how it works as I have a vague idea but maybe not totally correct...

Thanks...

Last edited:

turbo

The additional Asian player is only for ACL with their +1 rule. We missed out on qualifying by a little bit so it doesn’t impact us.

midfielder

Shaun

If we sign both the Korean blokes .... a promotional day in Eastwood could be worth considering... Eastwood has a high number of Korean's and many play Football...

Also they can train up from Epping takes about 50 minutes on the fast train...

Hire Eastwood oval i.e. next to the station and run a some training with the Koreans running some of the drills and maybe speaking to the locals... take the membership team with you as well...

I reckon you will more than cover your costs and also piss off both the flying circus [south Gosford FC] and the Drive By's ...

I know the area quite well and if you can't get Eastwood Oval i could suggest a couple of grounds you would have no issue getting ..

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

Shaun

If we sign both the Korean blokes .... a promotional day in Eastwood could be worth considering... Eastwood has a high number of Korean's and many play Football...

Hire Eastwood oval i.e. next to the station and run a some training with the Koreans running some of the drills and maybe speaking to the locals... take the membership team with you as well...

I reckon you will more than cover your costs and also piss off both the flying circus [south Gosford FC] and the Drive By's ...
Probably a better plan than Bolt ever was

midfielder

Shaun

I know the area quite well and if you can't get Eastwood Oval i could suggest a couple of grounds you would have no issue getting ..

Sorta additional information each year in October Ryde council have a Korean Festival and its huge they take over the entire bottom field at Eastwood Oval and it gets bigger each year.. runs all day ...

Some links ..

https://www.ryde.nsw.gov.au/Events/Listing/2018-Korean-Festival

Korean festival 2018 Eastwood
Speech by Consul General Sangsoo Yoon
(Saturday 27 October 2018, 10.00am, Eastwood Park)
http://overseas.mofa.go.kr/au-sydne...eq_2=0&company_cd=&company_nm=&page=1

https://www.weekendnotes.com/korean-festival-eastwood-park/

NSW Liberals & Nationals Government commits $700,000 funding to Korean community festivals and events such as the Sydney Korean festival, Korean Food festival and Eastwood Korean festival.

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage...support-korean-community-festivals-and-events

pjennings

There is actually a quite strong Korean community from Silverwater / Lidcombe / Homebush / Strathfield through the Dundas Valley and up to around Epping and another couple of decent sized communities around Waitara / Hornsby and Chatswood.

possum x

Shaun

We could also take a game to Harry Moore oval Toukley and run it alongside the Gathering of the Clans. Ziggy would be wrapped and we could tap into the Scottish community .
P.s did you know copper wire was invented by two Scotsman fighting over a penny.

Tevor

There is actually a quite strong Korean community from Silverwater / Lidcombe / Homebush / Strathfield through the Dundas Valley and up to around Epping and another couple of decent sized communities around Waitara / Hornsby and Chatswood.
Agree there is a decent Korean community in Hornsby, I make the trip every game and it’s not difficult at all being around 30 to 40 mins and plenty of free parking. Especially Kim being a previous caption of Suwon he may have some followers.

SuperHans

Brilliant ideas. I dont think Kim has played for a non Korean club so there may be some culture shock. Can he and any family get connected with a local Korean community (if there is one here on the coast). I'd hate to lose him prematurely as we did with Perez because he or his family were homesick.
And now on a lighter note, can the band learn to play Gangnam Style for his first appearance?

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Brilliant ideas. I dont think Kim has played for a non Korean club so there may be some culture shock. Can he and any family get connected with a local Korean community (if there is one here on the coast). I'd hate to lose him prematurely as we did with Perez because he or his family were homesick.
And now on a lighter note, can the band learn to play Gangnam Style for his first appearance?
The band left a year ago. Go to lots of games do you?

SuperHans

The band left a year ago. Go to lots of games do you?
Thats fantastic (news?) for me and I hadn't even noticed. I never liked them anyway and have always tried to tune them out. I know they tried hard but always found them really annoying. Now, I'd be truly happy if those dancers never came again.
Yeah, I only missed a few last season.

Wombat

Gangnam Style is a great idea as our walk out song for the first game and we should get Dami Im to sing halftime entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred