• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

Rowdy

Ha well spotted JP,
I was Googling Kalik just the other night after tuning in to the 1st leg of Hadjuk Split v Everton qualifier - wondering (hoping) if he made the squad & to see how he was going
- hoping maybe he'll get some gametime
..... NOPE nada !
- Didnt make that team sheet .

So after some further digging around on Hadjuk's official website, looking for Kalik's appearances/minutes played, I was shocked to see that he had
..... ZERO minutes! for 2017.

So NOT surprising at all, that AK has sent an SOS :overheadl: to Arnie wanting to come back home.

Rowdy

Fcuk'n pencil this one in !!! :

rogic_neymar.jpg
Rogic to take on Neymar in Champions League battle:

Celtic have also drawn,

Rowdy

Will be awesome to see our bhoy Tommy take on some of Europe's best & get a better perspective on him compared to the quality (or lack of quality;)) that he's been up against in the SPL.

Big Al

Will be awesome to see our bhoy Tommy take on some of Europe's best & get a better perspective on him compared to the quality (or lack of quality;)) that he's been up against in the SPL.
Will be interesting to see how much game time he gets.
Alot of people are he needs a better league, but he's been injured so much and last year wasn't really trusted with CL and this year in the qualifying has either started or cone off the bench. Time to earn his playing time in the CL

JoyfulPenguin

Mile Jedinak was not in the squad for Aston Villa as they defeated 22nd (of 24) placed Norwich City FC 4-2 at Villa Park in the Skybet Championship (England Tier 2).
Mile Jedinak was not in the squad for Aston Villa as they defeated Wigan Athletic (England Tier 3) 4-1 at Villa Park in the Carabao Cup (English League Cup).
Mile Jedinak was not in the squad for Aston Villa as they drew 1-1 with 13th placed Bristol City at Ashton Gate Stadium (Bristol Home) in the Skybet Championship (England Tier 2).
Aston Villa sit 18th in the 24 team Skybet Championship (England Tier 2).
Aston Villa's next match is on the 10th of September at 12:00 AM AEST against 23rd placed Brentford FC at Villa Park in the Skybet Championship (England Tier 2).

Tom Rogic came on in the 57th minute for Celtic FC as they lost 3-4 to FK Astana (Kazakhstan Tier 1) at the Astana Arena, Celtic progress to the UEFA Champions League Group Stage on aggregate 8-4 and will face RSC Anderlecht, FC Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain FC in Group B.
Tom Rogic played a full game for Celtic FC as they drew 1-1 with 3rd placed St Johnstone FC at Celtic Park in the Ladbrokes Premiership (Scotland Tier 1).
Celtic FC's next match is on the 9th of September at 4:45 AM AEST against 4th placed Hamilton Academical in the Ladbrokes Premiership (Scotland Tier 1).

Maty Ryan played a full game for Brighton & Hove Albion as they lost 0-2 to Leicester City at the King Power Stadium (Leicester) in the Premier League (England Tier 1).
Maty Ryan was an unused substitute for Brighton & Hove Albion as they defeated Barnet (England Tier 4) 1-0 at the American Express Community Stadium (Brighton Home) in the Carabao Cup (English League Cup).
Maty Ryan played a full game and kept a clean sheet for Brighton & Hove Albion as they drew 0-0 with Watford at the Vicarage Road Stadium (Watford Home) in the Premier League (England Tier 1).
Brighton & Hove Albion's next match is on the 10th of September at 12:00 AM against West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League (England Tier 1).

Mustafa Amini played a full game and received a yellow card (89') as AGF Aarhus defeated 3rd placed Brondby 2-0 at Ceres Park (Aarhus Home) in the Alka Superliga (Denmark Tier 1).
Mustafa Amini played a full game as AGF Aarhus drew 1-1 with 12th placed Aalborg BK at Aalborg Portland Park (Aalborg home) in the Alka Superliga (Denmark Tier 1).
AGF Aarhus sit 10th in the 14 team Alka Superliga (Denmark Tier 1).
AGF Aarhus' next match is on the 30th of August at 3:00 AM against VSK Arhus at Ceres Park in the DBU Pokalen Cup.

Bernie Ibini came on in the 72nd minute for the Vancouver Whitecaps as they defeated the 4th placed Houston Dynamo 2-1 at the BC Place Stadium (Vancouver Home) in the MLS (United States Tier 1).
Bernie Ibini came on in the 56th minute for the Vancouver Whitecaps as they drew 1-1 with 1st placed Seattle Sounders at BC Place Stadium (Vancouver Home) in the MLS (United States Tier 1).
Bernie Ibini played until the 75th minute as the Vancouver Whitecaps defeated 9th placed Orlando City 2-1 at the Orlando City Stadium in the MLS (United States Tier 1).
The Vancouver Whitecaps sit 4th in the Western Conference of the MLS (United States Tier 1).
The Vancouver Whitecaps next match is on the 10th of September at 12:00 PM against 8th placed Real Salt Lake.

Oliver Bozanic was not in the squad for Ventforet Kofu as they drew 2-2 with 3rd place Kawasaki Frontale in the J-League (Japan Tier 1).
Ventforet Kofu sit 15th in the 18 team J-League, 1 point clear of the relegation zone.
Ventforet Kofu's next match is on the 9th of September at 7:00 PM against Mitch Duke's 13th placed Shimizu S-Pulse.

Mitch Duke played a full game for Shimizu S-Pulse as they lost 1-2 to 8th placed Urawa Reds in the J-League (Japan Tier 1).
Shimizu S-Pulse sit 13th in the 18 team J-League, 5 points clear of the relegation zone.
Shimizu S-Pulse's next match is against Oliver Bozanic's Ventforet Kofu on the 9th of September at 7:00 PM.

Atomic

It was good to see Maty get a clean sheet against Watford on the weekend. Apparently he didn't have much to do... pulled in a couple of regulation crosses, and his distribution was good.
Tommy was Celtic's best player against St Johnstone in their 1-1 draw. It's good to see him getting a full 90 mins under his belt. Im my opinion, Bredan Rodgers is managing him really well. I think he is being set up for Champions League matches, much like a race horse is prepared for the spring carnival. I can't wait to see him perform against Bayern and PSG... it's going to be stellar!

Wombat

Apparently Maty didnt have to make a single save. Money for Jam. Still a clean sheet will do his confidence wonders.

Big Al

It was good to see Maty get a clean sheet against Watford on the weekend. Apparently he didn't have much to do... pulled in a couple of regulation crosses, and his distribution was good.
Tommy was Celtic's best player against St Johnstone in their 1-1 draw. It's good to see him getting a full 90 mins under his belt. Im my opinion, Bredan Rodgers is managing him really well. I think he is being set up for Champions League matches, much like a race horse is prepared for the spring carnival. I can't wait to see him perform against Bayern and PSG... it's going to be stellar!
Apparently Maty didnt have to make a single save. Money for Jam. Still a clean sheet will do his confidence wonders.
watford had a man sent off early and had no shots on target. Brighton still couldn't score themselves. Will be a long season

Rowdy

Brighton still couldn't score themselves. Will be a long season

BHA's back 4 will be giving Maty many a sleepless night this season.

If he can pull off some "worldy" saves that they'll most likely put him under - hopefully one of the bigger clubs will take notice. Couple in his skills on the deck of playing out from the back with a more organised defence in front of him and he could get a move to a better club set-up.

scottmac

Suspended
Poor old matys distribution skills are taking a hit. Last night was a real tough night for him with the ridiculous play out from the back at all costs mantra.

Tevor

Poor old matys distribution skills are taking a hit. Last night was a real tough night for him with the ridiculous play out from the back at all costs mantra.
Totally agree Mat was another good player who the BS game plan didn't suit. Constantly put under pressure from their relentless pressing and we stuck to it for 90 plus minutes.

Big Al

Unpopular opinion but Mat is a good keeper not great.

Krul is better and Mat won't play till next year when they back in the championship. Mat hasn't performed well when given a crack at the big time.

Mat doesn't pull off those Worldly saves Rowdy. Last night while not his fault we needed that second goal touched over the bar but he was to short. The first goal he should of dived and read the shot not watch it and put his hand up for offside.

His distribution wasn't great last night because the Japanese had pressed up on our players so there weren't any open players.

Pirate Pete

Well I wouldn't have an opinion on who is better. I haven't looked it up but I wouldn't have thought Krul
had played much lately. However Krul is much more experienced, especially in England.
I wonder how long until Matt is dropped?

scottmac

Suspended
Id say Matt will find himself no. 2 when he gets back. Krul has been signed to push Matt but I can't see him beating out a keeper with that much experience.

scottmac

Suspended
Unpopular opinion but Mat is a good keeper not great.

Krul is better and Mat won't play till next year when they back in the championship. Mat hasn't performed well when given a crack at the big time.

Mat doesn't pull off those Worldly saves Rowdy. Last night while not his fault we needed that second goal touched over the bar but he was to short. The first goal he should of dived and read the shot not watch it and put his hand up for offside.

His distribution wasn't great last night because the Japanese had pressed up on our players so there weren't any open players.
You sound like those f**ks over at 442 with Langerak's cock in their mouths. Matt couldn't have stopped either of those goals your right, and any of our other keepers wouldn't have even got a hand to that second goal. Yeah we needed tipped over but in no way wound it have ever happened.

VicMariner

You sound like those f**ks over at 442 with Langerak's cock in their mouths. Matt couldn't have stopped either of those goals your right, and any of our other keepers wouldn't have even got a hand to that second goal. Yeah we needed tipped over but in no way wound it have ever happened.
LOL! Literally laughed out loud. Love it! :D

....but I think Big Al might be right. I love Ryan but he has struggled so far in the EPL.
It's early days though. I really hope he steps up and shines.

Tevor

Smith totally to blame for the first goal as he ended up on the wrong side and literally stood there and watched Asano run past him. Keepers expect their defence to try harder than that. Concede that given he got a touch to the second goal probably should have been saved. His distribution has definitely been better but he had very few options as we just played around with it at the the top of our box even when 2 nil down and 5 to go. He hasn't been in great form for about a year now after the injury etc. still rate him though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred