• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bye Bye Sash?

marinermick

mariners4ever said:
bulldogmariner said:
He will also sit out the trial against Sydney FC at Macquarie University tonight.

Fittingly, Petrovski's first appearance will be a hit-out against the Mariners pencilled in for February 24.

does anyone know if this trial will be behind close doors ???

in a way but if you contact the club you can get your name put on the door

mariners4ever

marinermick said:
mariners4ever said:
bulldogmariner said:
He will also sit out the trial against Sydney FC at Macquarie University tonight.

Fittingly, Petrovski's first appearance will be a hit-out against the Mariners pencilled in for February 24.

does anyone know if this trial will be behind close doors ???

in a way but if you contact the club you can get your name put on the door
cool thanks mick, will do

Sean

Part_Timer said:
1st day in scum colours and he is bagging us....i told you he is a f**kING FILTHY JUDAS c**t

Want to burn his standard with me soon Craig?

Jimmy

Paolo said:
Sean Francis Lacy said:
Part_Timer said:
1st day in scum colours and he is bagging us....i told you he is a f**kING FILTHY JUDAS c**t

Want to burn his standard with me soon Craig?
it should get one showing with big red "JUDAS" across it

+1

I was thinking about doing the same with my Aloisi banner.

fruitbat

bulldogmariner said:
Sasha Petrovski's Coast roast: Jets better placed for Asia than Mariners
BY JAMES GARDINER
17/02/2009 4:00:00 AM
STRIKER Sasho Petrovski is adamant the Newcastle Jets are better placed for an assault on the Asian Champions League than his former club Central Coast, saying the Mariners are mentally drained and in need of a lift.

Petrovski joined the Jets yesterday, less than three days after the Mariners were bumped out of the A-League final series, going down 2-1 to Queensland in the second leg of the minor semi-final at Suncorp Stadium.

The veteran striker replaced Dylan Macallister for the second half but was unable to provide a miracle as the Mariners lost the two-legged tie 4-1 on aggregate.

The defeat was the Mariners' fifth straight. Their last win was an uninspiring 1-0 victory over Perth on New Year's Eve.

And with Nick Rizzo and Adam Kwasnik the only major new arrivals in Gosford, Petrovski believes the Jets are ahead of their F3 rivals despite taking the A-League wooden spoon.

"The Mariners will definitely find it harder given the form they are in," Petrovski said.

"They are in a bit of a slump at the moment which they have to pull themselves out of.

"They haven't got much coming in to freshen them up and provide a boost.

"Mentally, I think everyone is drained with what has happened in recent weeks all the losses they have gone through and it is going to be difficult for them."

Petrovski's assessment is sure to be well received by the Jets faithful but will raise the ire of the Coasties, given the Newcastle's dramatic fall from grace.

It has been what the Jets have done since taking the wooden spoon that has Petrovski excited.

"I could see the difference in where the Jets were trying to head," he said.

"They had been recruiting and were trying to get a successful squad together again.

"It was an easy decision to leave the Mariners."

The Jets have been drawn in Group E for the ACL alongside Ulsan Hyundai (Korea), Beijing Guoan (China) and Nagoya Grampus (Japan).

The Mariners are in Group H where they will compete against Tianjin Teda (China), Kawasaki Frontale (Japan) and Pohang Steelers (Korea).

Petrovski turned down a one-year extension at the Mariners to join the Jets on a two-year deal and is one of 10 new faces.

"Obviously we need to gel as a group, but I do not think that is a problem," said the marksman, who has won championships at Sydney FC and Wollongong.

"It is good having new players come in. They want to prove a point, show their passion and work hard for each other."

A knock on the ankle against the Roar limited the 33-year-old to a gym session yesterday.

Jets coach Gary van Egmond has made no secret of what he wants from Petrovski.

"Goals," the coach said.

"We want him to get on the end of things and put the ball in the back of the net.

"He is an opportunist and has some real guile in and around the box, and has shown over a number of years that he is able to do that."

Turning 34 five days before the Jets kick off the ACL against Beijing away, Petrovski is one of the elder statesman of the A-League.

"I look after my body and lead a healthy life," he said.

"I still have a lot to learn and to prove.

"I want to keep succeeding. That is the main thing.

"The passion inside of me is still there. I am ready to play every weekend, 90 minutes, whatever the coach wants me to play."

As well as experience, Petrovski adds a killer instinct in front of goal the Jets have missed.

He has won the golden boot at previous clubs the Mariners and Sydney FC and overall has 28 goals in 87 appearances.

It is a record he intends to improve at his new home.

"I have been involved in every finals series in the four years of the A-League, which is pretty amazing," he said.

At previous clubs, Petrovski has been a player Jets fans love to hate.

But he is confident that will change if he lives up to his expectations.

"If I do the right thing, do the business, work hard and score goals, people will appreciate that," he said.
bulldogmariner said:
Sasha Petrovski's Coast roast: Jets better placed for Asia than Mariners
BY JAMES GARDINER
17/02/2009 4:00:00 AM
STRIKER Sasho Petrovski is adamant the Newcastle Jets are better placed for an assault on the Asian Champions League than his former club Central Coast, saying the Mariners are mentally drained and in need of a lift.

Petrovski joined the Jets yesterday, less than three days after the Mariners were bumped out of the A-League final series, going down 2-1 to Queensland in the second leg of the minor semi-final at Suncorp Stadium.

The veteran striker replaced Dylan Macallister for the second half but was unable to provide a miracle as the Mariners lost the two-legged tie 4-1 on aggregate.

The defeat was the Mariners' fifth straight. Their last win was an uninspiring 1-0 victory over Perth on New Year's Eve.

And with Nick Rizzo and Adam Kwasnik the only major new arrivals in Gosford, Petrovski believes the Jets are ahead of their F3 rivals despite taking the A-League wooden spoon.

"The Mariners will definitely find it harder given the form they are in," Petrovski said.

"They are in a bit of a slump at the moment which they have to pull themselves out of.

"They haven't got much coming in to freshen them up and provide a boost.

"Mentally, I think everyone is drained with what has happened in recent weeks all the losses they have gone through and it is going to be difficult for them."

Petrovski's assessment is sure to be well received by the Jets faithful but will raise the ire of the Coasties, given the Newcastle's dramatic fall from grace.

It has been what the Jets have done since taking the wooden spoon that has Petrovski excited.

"I could see the difference in where the Jets were trying to head," he said.

"They had been recruiting and were trying to get a successful squad together again.

"It was an easy decision to leave the Mariners."

The Jets have been drawn in Group E for the ACL alongside Ulsan Hyundai (Korea), Beijing Guoan (China) and Nagoya Grampus (Japan).

The Mariners are in Group H where they will compete against Tianjin Teda (China), Kawasaki Frontale (Japan) and Pohang Steelers (Korea).

Petrovski turned down a one-year extension at the Mariners to join the Jets on a two-year deal and is one of 10 new faces.

"Obviously we need to gel as a group, but I do not think that is a problem," said the marksman, who has won championships at Sydney FC and Wollongong.

"It is good having new players come in. They want to prove a point, show their passion and work hard for each other."

A knock on the ankle against the Roar limited the 33-year-old to a gym session yesterday.

Jets coach Gary van Egmond has made no secret of what he wants from Petrovski.

"Goals," the coach said.

"We want him to get on the end of things and put the ball in the back of the net.

"He is an opportunist and has some real guile in and around the box, and has shown over a number of years that he is able to do that."

Turning 34 five days before the Jets kick off the ACL against Beijing away, Petrovski is one of the elder statesman of the A-League.

"I look after my body and lead a healthy life," he said.

"I still have a lot to learn and to prove.

"I want to keep succeeding. That is the main thing.

"The passion inside of me is still there. I am ready to play every weekend, 90 minutes, whatever the coach wants me to play."

As well as experience, Petrovski adds a killer instinct in front of goal the Jets have missed.

He has won the golden boot at previous clubs the Mariners and Sydney FC and overall has 28 goals in 87 appearances.

It is a record he intends to improve at his new home.

"I have been involved in every finals series in the four years of the A-League, which is pretty amazing," he said.

At previous clubs, Petrovski has been a player Jets fans love to hate.

But he is confident that will change if he lives up to his expectations.

"If I do the right thing, do the business, work hard and score goals, people will appreciate that," he said.

Well I cant see anything inaccurate in what he said. It seems like an honest appraisal  of the state of our club. For the delicate little flowers who somehow found his comments offensive you need to pull your heads out of the sand for a reality check or find another pastime(good players will always be moving on to greener pastures- so get used to it).

fruitbat

Part_Timer said:
kindly FOAD,
Part_Timer said:
kindly FOAD,

Ah, a head-buryer...whats it like under there?

I didnt really expect a coherent argument from someone whose by-line is "Stand United - Coastie Boys". Its the sort of thing I would expect from a 14 year old.

Paolo

fruitbat said:
I didnt really expect a coherent argument from someone whose by-line is "Stand United - Coastie Boys". Its the sort of thing I would expect from a 14 year old.
ah, how dare he chose to actively support in a way which is foreign to you. Please explain to me why it is the thing of 14 year olds??

~Floss~

fruitbat said:
Part_Timer said:
kindly FOAD,
Part_Timer said:
kindly FOAD,

Ah, a head-buryer...whats it like under there?

lol, a 14yo would probably learn from their first mistake that you only have to single-click the Quote button.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred