• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bye Bye Sash?

Alicia

Mariners say good bye to Sasho Petrovski
29.01.09 | tribalfootball.com

One of the A-Leagues all time strikers is looking for a new home for next season.

Central Coast Mariners and Sasho Petrovski could not agree terms therefore Sasho will be looking for a new Club after this season is over.

It is believed that the Mariners offered Petrovski a one-year extension but the player wanted a two-year deal to keep him at Gosford.

Petrovski told tribalfootball.com, I am disappointed that the Mariners have seen fit to walk away from negotiations for a new deal but I respect their decision.

"While it hurts to go I have to get on with it. I think they have made a mistake in not using me that much in recent weeks and I think our lack of goals is due to the fact I am not on the park.

"But that is their call. I have a family to support so I am looking at resuming my goal scoring in the A-League with another Club or even overseas in Asia where there is some interest in me.

"I have a pretty good record at scoring and I rarely miss games due to injury. I eat and live well so my body is in top condition and I have the desire to play at the highest level for at least another 3 seasons."

Petrovski has scored six goals this season and will be hoping to make an impact in the finals series with the Mariners.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/mariners-say-good-bye-sasho-petrovski-224959

typool

such a big shame,
we need to use him next friday with matty and D Mac.
yep 3 up front, lets attack :pirashoot:

Ted

Bummer, would have loved him to stay and he does have a point. Opportunites Nik blundered in recent games, Sash would have nailed I think. Big loss.

Bear

Alicia said:
"I think they have made a mistake in not using me that much in recent weeks and I think our lack of goals is due to the fact I am not on the park."

What an arrogant prick

Not sad to see him go if thats his attitude

Ted

He may be arrogant Bear but there is some truth in it.

How many games has NM started and we won?

Bear

Im not denying there is some truth in it, but it still makes him an arrogant prick.

No dickhead policy = Sash out

FFC Mariner

Its over you arrogant tosser

You could stay on but you want 2 years - they said no, dont have a dummy spit and a whine

Off up the F3 with the rest of the dross

Ted

Again though, if he has 3 good years left in him (as he says) why not take the 1 year and secure 2 years later? Getting a 2 year deal now and one year later would be a harder proposition one would think.

marinermick

2 years was not the only sticking point for the club. He wanted a stupid amount of money plus bonsuses - for goals, appearances, time on the park etc.

He knew he could get big money in Asia so held the club ransom with unrealistic terms.

Sad to see him go but the club just cannot afford his demands.

dibo

Ted said:
Again though, if he has 3 good years left in him (as he says) why not take the 1 year and secure 2 years later? Getting a 2 year deal now and one year later would be a harder proposition one would think.

a year from now the doubts on whether he's worth a two year deal would be greater.

i think he's got a point on the goalscoring though. call him whatever you want, he's still a lethal goal poacher.

Ted

marinermick said:
2 years was not the only sticking point for the club. He wanted a stupid amount of money plus bonsuses - for goals, appearances, time on the park etc.

He knew he could get big money in Asia so held the club ransom with unrealistic terms.

Nah, that's being greedy. Especially when he knows the club can't afford it.

typool

does this mean that mckinna won t use him this finals....
i cant see the point is starting NM

dibo

he'd be contracted with us til june 30 i reckon (most contracts run til then) so i imagine unless he has a sook (...or picks up an 'injury') he'd be playing.

marinermick

Ted said:
marinermick said:

Sasho has always been about Sasho - plain obvious in every interview.

Don't blame him though as a footballer's career is short and he doesn't seem like the type of guy that would be earning a fortune outside of football.

Ted

I'd say he has fallen out of favour with LM and we may have just seen the last of SP.

Ted

marinermick said:
Ted said:
marinermick said:

Sasho has always been about Sasho - plain obvious in every interview.

Don't blame him though as a footballer's career is short and he doesn't seem like the type of guy that would be earning a fortune outside of football.

Oh I don't blame him Mick, but holding a club to ransom and then saying they turned their backs when it was obvious they couldn't meet his demands is pathetic. Why not just go to Asia in the first place?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred