• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

~~~BRING ON SEASON 4!!~~~

LFCMariners

Ask anybody who's supported Souths over the years (not me), and they'll tell you the seasons 2002-2006 were very average in perspective of their history. Last year they finally turned things around, I would expect to see crowds for them rise again. Even the Jets, they didn't even get 1,000 more people to the major semi against Queensland than some of the Knights lower crowds during a struggling season. One main factor in the A-League playing over the summer months was so that it wouldn't compete directly with the NRL/ AFL. Some of the "women rapists/ thugs" comments on here are just as bad as those people in the NRL/ AFL with the "wogball" mindset.

Atomic

Tez said:
bit disappointed at the fair few people in bay 23 who werent chantting and jus stood there watching the game, i hav a video clip of half the bay chanting and half not.. :(

hopefully this is something we can rectify in V4 and have the entire bay Going off at once, i think we can only improve on where we are now  ;D

My apologies for not being as upto date with the postings on this forum as I should be but I left for Byron Bay at 5am Monday morn after the GF and my internet connection here is v slow.

OK, here is want I want to say. It was my first time amongst the Marinators (I have a members seat on halfway at BT). A HUGE thankyou to everyone involved in organizing the tickets and other details. Well done folks, my wife and I are very grateful.

I bought the Marinators tickets with the knowledge that I had to be part of "the wall of sound". I went to that game and gave it my all, chanted, sung, yelled... did everything I could to encourage the boys. I even made my own own flag to add to the tifo (enough has been said about the tifo so I wont bore you here). I have to admit to being horrified at the lack of participation around me. Wasn't the reason we set those tix aside purely to get the vocal supporters in one spot??? I took some video of some girls in front of me who were just having a converstation, not looking at the game and not cheering. I decided not to post it becasue of privacy concerns. I was incredibly frustrated by the crowd around me (granted there were some guys chanting... but not enough).

It was my first time watching the game from behind the goal. What at sh!t view... lol. I had no idea what was going on. It was a sacrifice I was happy to make, however. Whilst I'm only a single voice, EVERY SINGLE VOICE IS NEEDED in times of need.

My feelings after the game? Well, one phrase comes to mind... "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!"

climbo

Souths have increased membership from 3300 last year to over 5300 this year so far, not a bad effort, hopefully the Mariners get a big boost in members this year too.  I would expect more attendance at games this year as things have really changed there since 2 years ago.  They will only play 1 game at Bluetongue this year which sucks as I can't travel down to ANZ stadium all the time. 

With 100 years of history, you'll get plenty of followers who never (or rarely) go to games but when it comes to getting kicked out of the comp, it's a huge deal, so the fans (like me) did rise from everywhere and support the club, the same would be done for any team.  They'll still watch on TV and support the Club.

kepo

As the a-league gets bigger, more ppl will become member.
I will be a member for v4.

I can be sure that ccm should pack out blue tongue every home game because of there success this season.
Every clubs membership will rise as well..

Moving along great...

Ursus

<quote>It was my first time watching the game from behind the goal. What at sh!t view... lol. </quote>

That is why you see so many strange posts as to various players' abilities on this forum. :piralaugh:

FFC Mariner

The reason for all the sitters behind the goals (apart from the $85) was that ticketek named it Mariners supporters bays.

They cant call it a standing bay (I expect) but need to somehow communicate what to expect.

kepo

Greenpoleffc said:
The reason for all the sitters behind the goals (apart from the $85) was that ticketek named it Mariners supporters bays.

They cant call it a standing bay (I expect) but need to somehow communicate what to expect.
yes, this is a major finals ticketing problem.
They need at least one bay standing only, and have terms and conditions, and what is expected of standing there..

skilbeck

I like the sound of lots of people singing like what happens in europe rather than call and response chants or shouting chants. Just pick a tune and memorise the tune and then it will catch on. This is where we might take a lesson from the cove because they chant "sydney FC, na na na na na na naaaaaaaa, na na na na na na naaaaaaaaaaa, na na na na na na naaaaaaaa", (i know a lot of people wont know what im typing but it is a famous tune that i dont know the name of) and it is very catchy. So I reckon catchy tunes could work without words

T

thanman

skilbeck said:
I like the sound of lots of people singing like what happens in europe rather than call and response chants or shouting chants. Just pick a tune and memorise the tune and then it will catch on. This is where we might take a lesson from the cove because they chant "sydney FC, na na na na na na naaaaaaaa, na na na na na na naaaaaaaaaaa, na na na na na na naaaaaaaa", (i know a lot of people wont know what im typing but it is a famous tune that i dont know the name of) and it is very catchy. So I reckon catchy tunes could work without words
yeah good point skilly, we need more catchy chants.
i know the song have been a good idea.. but we need simple catchy ones.
we've got oodles of time to think of classic ones :)

rosko

skilbeck said:

I think you mean "oh my darlin, oh my darlin, oh my darlin Clementine"
Ive heard a few of the clubs doing this one...

~Floss~

thanman said:
skilbeck said:
yeah good point skilly, we need more catchy chants.
i know the song have been a good idea.. but we need simple catchy ones.
we've got oodles of time to think of classic ones :)

I agree with a lot of points raised on this thread, including these ones.

Celery's comment about chanting your heart out before the game then going quiet could have something to do with this issue you guys are discussing. Maybe the distraction of trying to watch the game saps a bit of energy out of short, abrupt, chants alternating with sporadic bursts of clapping (eg. "mariners", clap x3). Maybe these work better when the whole area is focussed on chanting, clapping, and moving arms in time.

At times when half the bay is absorbed in the action and not paying attention to chants like this, I wonder if they'd respond better to a slow, melodic, English-style song (if we had one we all knew, or one simple enough - maybe start with yellow football team / ole ole..)?

Although I personally prefer the sound and atmosphere of slower, song-type chants, I've been supportive of the idea of simple repetitive ones with clapping to try and involve other sections. Reading this though, i think either style could rouse a reaction from the crowd (or at least most of the bay) if used at the right times.

Not sure what others think - this just came to me as I was following the progression of this thread.

kepo

skilbeck said:
Its called:
Hey Jude

skilbeck

james_sfc said:
skilbeck said:
Its called:
Hey Jude
thought it was a different song

whatever thats irrelevant, i just reckon the melodic ones could work a bit better, especially if you use catchy ones that people could at least unwittingly hum to when the bay sing them

kepo

skilbeck said:
james_sfc said:
skilbeck said:
Its called:
Hey Jude
thought it was a different one
its not,
Hey Jude:
Nah nah nah na-na-na-nah
na-na-na-nah Sydney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gICmlB1cTMA

serious14

BJ said:
No passion? No love of our clubs? There were 40,000 people who marched back in 1999/2000 for the love of their club after it was kicked out of the NRL. I can't understand some of the NRL hate people have on here. Reeks of jealousy.

I thought it was 80 000....... nice to see they all went to the games as well.

The NRL hate around here stems from most of us having to put up with the sh*t heaped upon us by NRL supporters and media for most of our lives for daring to play and support "effnik wogball", not to mention the NRL trouting off about how great they are on the global stage and all the rest of it.

Not to mention it is a game of little skill and less class.

T

thanman

BJ said:
No passion? No love of our clubs? There were 40,000 people who marched back in 1999/2000 for the love of their club after it was kicked out of the NRL. I can't understand some of the NRL hate people have on here. Reeks of jealousy.
It's nothing personal I just prefer real football.
League doesn't have it.. and Union is way better than league in my opinion; prime eg League scrums aren't really scrums they are just for show.

But off topic...
james_sfc said:
skilbeck said:
james_sfc said:
skilbeck said:
Its called:
Hey Jude
thought it was a different one
its not,
Hey Jude:
Nah nah nah na-na-na-nah
na-na-na-nah Sydney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gICmlB1cTMA
It's a clever idea - you guys have done well with it.

We should hunt down like EPL teams' fan bases and see what ideas they use as well :)

cruiser

BJ said:
I think the giant Scum banner at the start of the GF was proof that we really need something of our own. A huge yellow banner with a black skull and crossbones and 'Mariners' under it in pirate font would look awesome.

Also, I think it's time we had a name change. Sure 'Marinators' was a humorous play on words in Season 1, but we're bigger now, and it's time for something more fierce sounding than being a group of people who add flavour to meat. Some people have suggested 'The Bay', I'd say what about 'The Crew' (as in the crew of a Pirate ship). This would tie in well with our pirate iconography.  :pirashoot:
Your banner suggestion sounds awesome. I'd love to see more use of the pirate flag in yellow and blue at our games.

Please dont change the name of the Marinators. Everyone loves it, including supporters of other teams.

I totally agree with climbo's comments. The language and abuse on the Jets forum about Mariners supporters and residents of the Central Coast is so filled with unjustified hatred that it borders on psychotic, with one of their moderators Red Baron being one of the worse. We never ever want to become like that.

I also agree with atomic's comment about watching the game friom behind the goals - it is a $hit view. Maybe a reason why the Squadron is so big is because they are located on the side rather than behind the goals. I'd join with the Marinators at games if you did the same.

Pokes

james_sfc said:
15945.JPG

why hav a committee for diving when signs will do the job.
Put a couple of hundred around the stadium and the divers may get the picture !

:thumbup:

^ Taken from a thread in another section...

I'm so making a banner with this on it for next season, when we play the Scum...

T

thanman

pokey said:
james_sfc said:
15945.JPG

I'm so making a banner with this on it for next season, when we play the Scum...
Spitting image of Griffiths.

I'll cut him a little slack, the Express Advocate put nicely what he actuallysaid for the article he was in today about Danny's ban.
He actually did say the FFA have no idea, AND he also said Danny was an awesome player.
Like we already know it.. but from someone who dives.. means he kept his chin up! lol

serious14

pokey said:
james_sfc said:
15945.JPG

Nomes had a near perfect replica of this at the Grand Final - I know a few people got photo's of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred