• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

~~~BRING ON SEASON 4!!~~~

coast

thanman said:
marconigirl said:
pokey said:
I'd be so keen for a giant yellow banner with a big skull and cross bones on it!

I like the idea of sticking to a few simple chants, at least at the beginning of the season.
For the longer ones, as someone suggested, we could provide some handouts?

Also, we really have to encourage more wearing of the yellow to the game! Maybe we should get some place to donate yellow shirts for one game to everyone not wearing any yellow :p Would encourage them, then there is no excuse next time as to not having anything yellow!

Or we could just have yellow spray paint and paint them all...
Or they will just turn up next time looking for a free shirt...
Yeah, we'll just have seagulls in human form wanting free shirts each week....

Thats not true, iv'e been to everyhome game this year and both away final's and i have usually had my bro's falg, but he took it on hte w/e. I was lucky enough to score a yellow army shirt at the kb and wore it with pride all day, and plan to take it too every game i attend in v4 both home and at sumcastle and sydney

Tassiemariner

RADINHO said:
thanman said:
rosko said:
Foriegnmariner said:
After every goal we should get everyone in the crowd singing "Yellow Army" for a minute or so.

Great idea! It would be great to use the 'Barmy Army' chant...
  We are the army!
     The yellow army!
      We are the army!
      The yellow army!

They chant that one until they get a wicket. I have noticed that our chants just don't seem to last long enough. The idea of going for 'Yellow Army' for a minute or so is great.. Jumping up and down too...
Yeah English peoples have good chants.
Even for cricket.
We need to adapt this.

agreed
We just need to make the crowd aware that this is our intention and boom got the whole crowd singing.

langdonis

some good posts guys...i love the idea of the giant skull and cross bones...we need an image to associate ourseleves with...the jets have the star and the pilot gigs...we need to associate with the pirates and vikings...bring on v4...now its back to the stupid footy where there is no passion or love of your club....is it bad that i now hate the knights with an absoulte passion like i do the jets?

Part_Timer

i may sound like a prick but it annoys me to read so many, we should this, we should that instead of im going to do this or that..... i dont think we do that many complicated chants (yellow army/mariners, mariners clapx3 & coast) and would hate to sing one word chants for 90 mins....flags and banners are GREAT for before the game and when goals are scored...we need to be more visual with our hands and scarfs its so easy and looks amazing when co-ordinated...
p1010622mk7.jpg

godstadiumdg8.jpg

imagin those pics times 3 bays.....or a stadium

coast

my favourite chants is hte 'yellow army' and 'lawrie mackinna's yellow army' excuse the spelling. The only issue is, with the yellow army chant, from outside bay's it is incredibly hard to understand. I had to scout some of hte home games so i sat in 2nd teir at bluetongue a few matches, it sounds more like 'come on coasty' from there haha. Im sure if hte greater majority knew the chants they would participate.

Saying this, bring on v4, when does the pre-season start?

meldraco

This is the banner my hubby made that we have had hanging in our front yard for the pst 4 weeks and are thinking of bringing to next seasons games.

Jesus

Jesus
This season we came along way visually, and with colour.

Sound is our MAJOR issue currently. We were out chanted hard at the grandfinal, and our general form was poor IMHO

Part_Timer

have to agree with u jesus, i think poor comunication and a lack of knowledge of how chants work, words, arm movements hurt us...havin said that it was nice to see 3 bays standing for part of first half 

skilbeck

i reckon localised leaders for small groups within the bay should work together and coordinate with whoever is on the loudspeaker. because we often have a situation where the same chant is started up in 2 different parts of the bay out of time etc

BiggusMickus

I made this comment in another thread but...
I sit in the Eastern Stand for all home games as I like the view & also go with my dad who likes to be able to sit. However, we are both keen to shout, scream and sing in support of our beloved team. Problem is 3-fold: don't know all the words to all songs; can't hear what Bay 16 is singing/chanting; many of the people in the stands just aren't the stand up and sing type but they will shout out a chant. For V4 why not start off by keeping things basic i.e. Mariners clap clap clap; Yellow Army; etc. I know that this sounds boring but that is what made the Jets fans seem so well coordinated at the GF - lots of people with simple chants. Maybe one more from my old old Man U supporter days - when Griffo goes down "Let him die, let him die, let him die!"
My 2 bob for what its worth

LFCMariners

langdonis said:
some good posts guys...i love the idea of the giant skull and cross bones...we need an image to associate ourseleves with...the jets have the star and the pilot gigs...we need to associate with the pirates and vikings...bring on v4...now its back to the stupid footy where there is no passion or love of your club....is it bad that i now hate the knights with an absoulte passion like i do the jets?

No passion? No love of our clubs? There were 40,000 people who marched back in 1999/2000 for the love of their club after it was kicked out of the NRL. I can't understand some of the NRL hate people have on here. Reeks of jealousy.

LFCMariners

By the way, I drew up this design for the massive banner next year. Imagine the sight of this covering the whole of Bay 16, hundreds of puslating arms beneath it. To the powers that be, feel free to use this design!

Hugebanner.jpg

Wombat

thomas477 said:
but you would think that because CCM made the GF 1st that they would have more fans down at the SFS, at least 2/3 of the crowd was gold and 95% of the sound came from the novocastrians

Bullshit. 60% Mariners.  40% Scummers.

Outsang us...possibly but only because you were winning.

kepo

Mods,
u really need another section on this forum for support.. like a banner and chants section..
So ppl can post new idea's
and banner idea's

kevrenor

james_sfc said:
Mods,
u really need another section on this forum for support.. like a banner and chants section..
and banner idea's
They can do that through new threads, it doesn't need a new board but thanks for your suggestion.

kepo

kevrenor said:
james_sfc said:
Mods,
and banner idea's
They can do that through new threads, it doesn't need a new board but thanks for your suggestion.
ok np

MrCelery

I thought we did poorly at the GF in terms of co-ordinated vocal support.

Top marks to those that tried to lead chants, though. I might add that my efforts were pitiful on the day, but I did have a severe bout of larngytis - talk about shitehouse timing.

But it's not all bad, when you consider the situation.

Yes, our 'big banner' tifo was missing. But the smaller banners and the streamers looked great. The Mr McGoo banner was terrific but sadly very prophetic.

My Jets-lovin brother sitting in Bay 39 over near the Squadron said before kickoff: "Your singing had been loud and nonstop since Central station. I've heard nothing from the Sqaudron. I hope you have voices left for the match itself."

Turns out he was right. We didn't.

A couple of reasons:

1) I can't for the life of me understand why we always try to out-sing the pre-match booming PA racket and sing to a half empty stadium. It is a total waste of lung-power. Better saving it for more strategic use I think.

2) The Squadron were indeed very quiet pre-match. Their big 'launch' was the banner tifo, and didn't that spark them up and get everyone involved!

3) We played like shite for 90% of the match, and particularly the first 20 minutes. Frankly we had 'f@#k all to sing about - yet we tried.

Personally, I'm not a great fan of megaphones. No real reason for that. Just find it a bit 'American' if that makes sense. I come from a English\Dutch background, where the chanting starts 'organically'.

adz

Staff member
BJ said:
No passion? No love of our clubs? There were 40,000 people who marched back in 1999/2000 for the love of their club after it was kicked out of the NRL. I can't understand some of the NRL hate people have on here. Reeks of jealousy.

Yeah I remember that. 40,000 bandwagonners got Souths back into the comp, went to a couple of games, then realised what a mistake they made and never went back again.

Where were the 40,000 "passionate" supporters last season?

Here are the figures - home games incl. Bluetongue;

2 Parramatta Eels Telstra Stadium 15,165
4 Canterbury Bulldogs Telstra Stadium 34,315
5 Newcastle Knights Bluetongue Stadium 18,321
7 New Zealand Warriors Telstra Stadium 13,044
9 Canberra Raiders Telstra Stadium 11,088
13 Penrith Panthers Telstra Stadium 5,053
15 Cronulla Sharks Telstra Stadium 9,568
17 Melbourne Storm Bluetongue Stadium 14,288
19 North Queensland Cowboys Telstra Stadium 10,022
20 Gold Coast Titans Telstra Stadium 13,351
23 Manly Sea Eagles Telstra Stadium 12,087