• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

~~~BRING ON SEASON 4!!~~~

T

thanman

I didn't mean real swords and shields.

there were 2 guys with like bayonette handles and spongey type stuff as a blade, and they had like a frisbee made into a shield.

yeah the spreading idea is a great one!

like have the main bulk back/middle of 16; and then sorta start with back and or middle for 15 and 17, we will start to grow tremendously.

T

thanman

BJ said:
I think the giant Scum banner at the start of the GF was proof that we really need something of our own. A huge yellow banner with a black skull and crossbones and 'Mariners' under it in pirate font would look awesome.

Also, I think it's time we had a name change. Sure 'Marinators' was a humorous play on words in Season 1, but we're bigger now, and it's time for something more fierce sounding than being a group of people who add flavour to meat. Some people have suggested 'The Bay', I'd say what about 'The Crew' (as in the crew of a Pirate ship). This would tie in well with our pirate iconography.  :pirashoot:

Yeah definately sounds like an awesome idea. :)

T

thanman

climbo said:
As a 3 season supporter and season ticket holder (with wife and 2 small kids) and first time poster, I would have to say that after the poor showing of some of the Jets fans last weekend, all I can say is, I would hope that the Marinators (Crew) have a lot more respect for people and other teams/supporters than those people.  On top of all the other stories I've heard, one hour before the game, they are picking a fight with me as I'm trying to cross the road to SFS with my wife (they were of course totally drunk and abusive), they wouldn't shake hands after the game had ended as a congratulatory gesture, they just screamed abuse in our faces, it was pathetic.  Mariners fans do seem to be more family type folk though which is great, there weren't many littler kids in Jets colours near me in Bay 34 (and Bay 35 was mostly all Jets fans).

Then the crap that they go one with on their forum and the language, abuse of players, chants about Hutcho's mum has aids and this player if a fa**ot c**t etc. etc, it's a disgrace to the A-League and the code of football.  Not to mention their obsession with J Griffiths penis size (a few in the closet?), and the fact that they think we are gypsies which has no relevance at all to the Coast.  They probably think it's an insult but really, it just shows how stupid they are.  If anyone called me a gypsie, I'd think they'd just been smoking too much crack.  Makes me ashamed to have actually lived in Newcastle for a couple of years, even if I was still there, I wouldn't support them.

If I come without the kids in tow to any games next year I will definitely join the Yellow Army in Bay 16 (or what should be the whole Northen end).  I would agree with other comments to keep it simple on the chants so more people can get involved, then have a few others thrown in there at times, I would just hope that we don't go down to the lowest of low levels of the Scummers chants that seem to have to abuse everyone and have f*&k and c*&t in them.  One day we'll have our own "You'll Never Walk Alone" type song where the whole crowd knows it.  The roar of the Jets fans and the unison of it last Sunday was really fantastic.

Hopefully you can see this as not so much a rant but as an appreciation for the Marinators efforts, only to get bigger and better.  So cheers to a fantastic season 4 to all Mariners and Marinators !!

:goodpost:
Yeah, but there are alot of bad sportsman type fans everywhere who want to start fights.. it's a matter of knowing when to back off.. I know a few people like that.. even drunk or not.. shame really.
Does ruin the game rep alot.
It's something that has held us back a fair bit in the Australian public's eyes when compared withthe other sports in the country.
on the same note; Cricket's not helping themselves either.

BAD BULLZ

thanman said:

there were 2 guys with like bayonette handles and spongey type stuff as a blade, and they had like a frisbee made into a shield.

like have the main bulk back/middle of 16; and then sorta start with back and or middle for 15 and 17, we will start to grow tremendously.
Champ i know you dont mean real swords  i still highly doubt ffa will allow "weopons" you know how they are doesnt matter if its plastic or not it ll be classed as dangerous might get away with spongey ones but that would look dodgy.

FFC Mariner

I think we (as a supporters group) sometimes try to run before we can walk.

Simple, easy, repetitive chants are what works

I sometimes see these massively lengthy songs posted as suggestions and there are o/s clubs with massive fan bases who wouldnt try that.

Watch EPL or any major league and you will hear no more than 4 or 5 chants/tunes.

KISS (not the band the saying of course)

T

thanman

Eggy said:
thanman said:

Champ i know you dont mean real swords  i still highly doubt ffa will allow "weopons" you know how they are doesnt matter if its plastic or not it ll be classed as dangerous might get away with spongey ones but that would look dodgy.
yeah i guess.
oh well i'll just come a yellow darth vader maybe?

Hey All, just thought I would put my 0.02 in as well.

I was a little disappointed in the blue and yellow turn out at the grand final and the overall lack of enthusiasm. The Season One grand final went off although we only had such a small allocation of tickets and our supporter base was much smaller. I do realise that newcastle is a larger region and therefore have a larger fan base, but I was standing in bay 26 and I could hardly hear any of our chants and everyone around was singing different songs, the two guys behind me were possibly the worst hecklers (90mins of "EWWWWW", "YUUUKKKKK", "DISGUSTING", "WHERES YOUR SECOND HEAD" gets to you) who had nothing good to say about the mariners, I mean are we there to support the Mariners or are we there to heckle the other team? I don't think if the boys hear someone heckling the Jets it has the same effect as hearing a supporter egging them on.

Sorry if it seems like a rant, just a little frustrated like everyone I guess. I have been to every home game, 90% of local away games (Sydney & Newcastle) and have watched every other game on Fox since day 1 season 1. That being said, I haven't joined the martinators club and that is no-ones fault but my own. I am 100% joining for v4 and going to try to add as much to the club as possible.

I think that more banners, easier chants (and as someone said offering handouts), the possibility of expanding out to 2 bays and most importantly to make ourselves heard!

Once again sorry for the vent, but its gotta go somewhere...lol

On a lighter note, after traveling down to Sydney a few weeks back for the SFC v MVFC match and then watching the Adelaide v QLD match in the pub at fox studios and traveling down to Melbourne for the Aus v Qatar Match it is clear that the Mariners are well respected by most clubs and their supporters, with MVFC fans coming in as my personal favourites, they were welcoming to us at their match vs SFC (all 6 of us in our own bay..lol) and when i was down in Melbourne I was wearing my Mariners stripe and there were literally hundreds of people wishing us luck and shaking hands (they also seem to loathe the Jets). Our stadium, beer, hospitality and supporters were all praised by many people and it really made me proud to call myself a Mariners Fan.

Overall we have had an amazing season, with great turnouts and support is growing every match.

-Dean

kevrenor

thomas477 said:
but you would think that because CCM made the GF 1st that they would have more fans down at the SFS, at least 2/3 of the crowd was gold and 95% of the sound came from the novocastrians
Thomas lad, you are far too young to that delusional.

T

thanman

kevrenor said:
thomas477 said:
but you would think that because CCM made the GF 1st that they would have more fans down at the SFS, at least 2/3 of the crowd was gold and 95% of the sound came from the novocastrians
Yeah I agree.
Alot of coasties still miss the Bears.. or support League in some form or fashion.. somehow.
**shudders**

bjw

bjw
The idea of a massive yellow banner with skull and crossbows and mariners written underneath is an awesome idea.. Cant wait for season 4 :)

Gahh, another season of NRL *shudders*

Pokes

I'd be so keen for a giant yellow banner with a big skull and cross bones on it!

I like the idea of sticking to a few simple chants, at least at the beginning of the season.
For the longer ones, as someone suggested, we could provide some handouts?

Also, we really have to encourage more wearing of the yellow to the game! Maybe we should get some place to donate yellow shirts for one game to everyone not wearing any yellow :p Would encourage them, then there is no excuse next time as to not having anything yellow!

Or we could just have yellow spray paint and paint them all...

Tassiemariner

5x more banners and yellow.
After every goal we should get everyone in the crowd singing "Yellow Army" for a minute or so. Give the boys more of a lift to keep attacking.

marconigirl

pokey said:
I'd be so keen for a giant yellow banner with a big skull and cross bones on it!

I like the idea of sticking to a few simple chants, at least at the beginning of the season.

Also, we really have to encourage more wearing of the yellow to the game! Maybe we should get some place to donate yellow shirts for one game to everyone not wearing any yellow :p Would encourage them, then there is no excuse next time as to not having anything yellow!

Or they will just turn up next time looking for a free shirt...

T

thanman

marconigirl said:
pokey said:

Or they will just turn up next time looking for a free shirt...
Yeah, we'll just have seagulls in human form wanting free shirts each week....

Tez

bit disappointed at the fair few people in bay 23 who werent chantting and jus stood there watching the game, i hav a video clip of half the bay chanting and half not.. :(

hopefully this is something we can rectify in V4 and have the entire bay Going off at once, i think we can only improve on where we are now  ;D

rosko

Foriegnmariner said:
After every goal we should get everyone in the crowd singing "Yellow Army" for a minute or so.

Great idea! It would be great to use the 'Barmy Army' chant...
  We are the army!
    The yellow army!
      We are the army!
      The yellow army!

They chant that one until they get a wicket. I have noticed that our chants just don't seem to last long enough. The idea of going for 'Yellow Army' for a minute or so is great.. Jumping up and down too...

T

thanman

rosko said:
Foriegnmariner said:
After every goal we should get everyone in the crowd singing "Yellow Army" for a minute or so.

We are the army!
    The yellow army!
      We are the army!
      The yellow army!

They chant that one until they get a wicket. I have noticed that our chants just don't seem to last long enough. The idea of going for 'Yellow Army' for a minute or so is great.. Jumping up and down too...
Yeah English peoples have good chants.
Even for cricket.
We need to adapt this.

marinermick

kevrenor said:
thomas477 said:

defintely delusional

even some senior members of the squadron said it looked about 50/50 - which it appeared so

you could tell the huge numbers of missing people during the presentation

RADINHO

thanman said:
cruiser said:
More people, more colour (I wish everyone would wear yellow), more big flags and banners.

Also, I think that supporters who arent standing with the Mariners will only join in with chants when they are simple chants. The Newcastle chant without the clapping sounds great when the entire Jets crowd does it 'cause its got real grunt. No criticism intended of the Marinators but when you guys sense the mood of the crowd and think they'll be likely to join in, I suggest keeping the chants simple.
It's a good idea mate cheers.

Yeah simple things like 'Yellow Army'.

Drum beat with 'Mariners'

things like that.

lol i agree but the only chant that the bays outside 16 that is chanted along with is mariners clap clap clap. Yea yellow army is easy but when your from bay 16 and go sit on east or west bays no1 understands what the hell we are saying mariners clap clap clap is in everyones philosophy

RADINHO

thanman said:
rosko said:
Foriegnmariner said:

We are the army!
    The yellow army!
      We are the army!
      The yellow army!

Yeah English peoples have good chants.
Even for cricket.
We need to adapt this.

agreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member