• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

~~~BRING ON SEASON 4!!~~~

T

thanman

I figured I'd start a topic in order to get things underway about Season 4 preps.

We need more yellow.
People should dress up even. (use the viking helmet to it's advantage like some have with shields and swords.)

Plus think of new banners too (like one - welcome in Caceres to the side.)

Be more vocal.
If anything.. 2 GFs should bring more people to the games, and make bay 16 more loud.
I'm hoping anyway. suggestions?

cruiser

More people, more colour (I wish everyone would wear yellow), more big flags and banners.

Also, I think that supporters who arent standing with the Mariners will only join in with chants when they are simple chants. The Newcastle chant without the clapping sounds great when the entire Jets crowd does it 'cause its got real grunt. No criticism intended of the Marinators but when you guys sense the mood of the crowd and think they'll be likely to join in, I suggest keeping the chants simple.

T

thanman

yeah they were huge!!

I know we have our yellow and navy massive flags.. why dont we make a massive plain yellow one?

Also banners to welcome back Heff too :)

T

thanman

cruiser said:
More people, more colour (I wish everyone would wear yellow), more big flags and banners.

Also, I think that supporters who arent standing with the Mariners will only join in with chants when they are simple chants. The Newcastle chant without the clapping sounds great when the entire Jets crowd does it 'cause its got real grunt. No criticism intended of the Marinators but when you guys sense the mood of the crowd and think they'll be likely to join in, I suggest keeping the chants simple.
It's a good idea mate cheers.

Yeah simple things like 'Yellow Army'.

Drum beat with 'Mariners'

things like that.

thomas477

maybe the marinators branch out to either bay 15 or 17.
squadron branched out to bay 1 and worked a treat

BAD BULLZ

We have enough trouble getting flag poles and drums into games I can see us havingmore promblems getting in swords etc.
More Unique character efforts tho would be fun and look good eg the bananas.
I ve been thinking bout getting some yello and blue lycra or similar and doing some sort of super mariner/eggy look when i come back from the states i'll actually look to do something rather then just talk bout it.
:eek:verhead:
A yellow and blue pirate(johnny depp style) would also be an option. :pirashoot: :piralaugh:

The noise is an issue many people are working on and will always be working on I ve got a feeling bay 16 will come back so fired up next season and make more noise then the last few weeks have been so heartwrenching due to results that have felt almost scripted with endless proven mistakes by refs Its been so tense its been really hard to sing loud positive songs.

The colour has been a great improvement this year and will only get better.

P

Pete

#1 Banner - "The Danny Vukovic Stand" will be guaranteed to be a fly in the ointment for the FFA a banner like that.

#2 Swords and shields are a no no.

#3 I swear I saw one dude wandering around Bay 15 at the GF with an admirals coat on in blue and yellow colours. Very Impressive.

The squad will definately look different for V4. Gumps, Vidmar, Brown and Pondeljak will be mssing, maybe Aloisi too. Some players will have to step up and assert some rights to the playing 11 (Porter, Simon, Trott). Will be an interesting pre season to see how Lawrie sorts it all out with whoever he gets into the squad.

rosko

cruiser said:
simple chants. The Newcastle chant without the clapping sounds great when the entire Jets crowd does it 'cause its got real grunt.

You could easily base a chant on the "Jets" chant... Just to need use "Coast".. I think I may have heard an attempt at the "Coast" chant, unsure though.. It's a simple chant and as cruiser says 'its got real grunt'

skilbeck

Eggy said:
We have enough trouble getting flag poles and drums into games I can see us havingmore promblems getting in swords etc.
More Unique character efforts tho would be fun and look good eg the bananas.
I ve been thinking bout getting some yello and blue lycra or similar and doing some sort of super mariner/eggy look when i come back from the states i'll actually look to do something rather then just talk bout it.
:eek:verhead:
A yellow and blue pirate(johnny depp style) would also be an option. :pirashoot: :piralaugh:

The noise is an issue many people are working on and will always be working on I ve got a feeling bay 16 will come back so fired up next season and make more noise then the last few weeks have been so heartwrenching due to results that have felt almost scripted with endless proven mistakes by refs Its been so tense its been really hard to sing loud positive songs.

The colour has been a great improvement this year and will only get better.

i wanna get a homer simpson suit, with the colours he is/wears he must support the mariners

BAD BULLZ

Coast car sell just doesn't have the same ring to it  ::) sorry you probably had something else in mind im just in a shitty mood :headbutt: :fireup:

~Floss~

I know it's hard to come up with something completely unique but I would not want to sing anything deliberately copied from Newcastle.

Copied from O/S: go for it.

If it's simple you want, we already have a few simple ones that will start to sink in with repetition. Keep changing them or stop repeating them and they'll never become familiar.

LFCMariners

I think the giant Scum banner at the start of the GF was proof that we really need something of our own. A huge yellow banner with a black skull and crossbones and 'Mariners' under it in pirate font would look awesome.

Also, I think it's time we had a name change. Sure 'Marinators' was a humorous play on words in Season 1, but we're bigger now, and it's time for something more fierce sounding than being a group of people who add flavour to meat. Some people have suggested 'The Bay', I'd say what about 'The Crew' (as in the crew of a Pirate ship). This would tie in well with our pirate iconography.  :pirashoot:

BAD BULLZ

FOREVER_GOLD said:
you won't win the championship, give up now c**ts.
FOREVER_GOLD said:
you won't win the championship, give up now c**ts.
You wont win a Premiership . Hmm counting the minutes till your banned
You guys really are pathetic if my team had just won a toilet seat i sure as hell wouldnt have time to talk shit on an oppositions forum its sad can't they afford to book you kiddies a room to celebrate at maccas.

centralcoastFC

newcastle are the biggest biters in the league...they copied south american fans with there stupid banners runnin from the top stand the the bottom and now they have that stupid star...haha they think there commi's or somethin

thomas477

but you would think that because CCM made the GF 1st that they would have more fans down at the SFS, at least 2/3 of the crowd was gold and 95% of the sound came from the novocastrians

Gav...

Well in season four i think every one in the marinators bay put a liltle bit of time to make a flag or banner it will look so much better. and we need to use that big jersey and the other big mariners banner in bays 15 and 17 to get people involved

climbo

As a 3 season supporter and season ticket holder (with wife and 2 small kids) and first time poster, I would have to say that after the poor showing of some of the Jets fans last weekend, all I can say is, I would hope that the Marinators (Crew) have a lot more respect for people and other teams/supporters than those people.  On top of all the other stories I've heard, one hour before the game, they are picking a fight with me as I'm trying to cross the road to SFS with my wife (they were of course totally drunk and abusive), they wouldn't shake hands after the game had ended as a congratulatory gesture, they just screamed abuse in our faces, it was pathetic.  Mariners fans do seem to be more family type folk though which is great, there weren't many littler kids in Jets colours near me in Bay 34 (and Bay 35 was mostly all Jets fans).

Then the crap that they go one with on their forum and the language, abuse of players, chants about Hutcho's mum has aids and this player if a faggot c**t etc. etc, it's a disgrace to the A-League and the code of football.  Not to mention their obsession with J Griffiths penis size (a few in the closet?), and the fact that they think we are gypsies which has no relevance at all to the Coast.  They probably think it's an insult but really, it just shows how stupid they are.  If anyone called me a gypsie, I'd think they'd just been smoking too much crack.  Makes me ashamed to have actually lived in Newcastle for a couple of years, even if I was still there, I wouldn't support them.

If I come without the kids in tow to any games next year I will definitely join the Yellow Army in Bay 16 (or what should be the whole Northen end).  I would agree with other comments to keep it simple on the chants so more people can get involved, then have a few others thrown in there at times, I would just hope that we don't go down to the lowest of low levels of the Scummers chants that seem to have to abuse everyone and have f*&k and c*&t in them.  One day we'll have our own "You'll Never Walk Alone" type song where the whole crowd knows it.  The roar of the Jets fans and the unison of it last Sunday was really fantastic.

Hopefully you can see this as not so much a rant but as an appreciation for the Marinators efforts, only to get bigger and better.  So cheers to a fantastic season 4 to all Mariners and Marinators !!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred