• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Beware The Mariners

elevated position

One of the key financial indicators is the strength of the building industry and from my position it has appeared to be going along nicely for the last 9/10 months which means our property developers will have buildings coming out of the ground therefore sales and possibly profits however the cagey buggers also know that a rise in interest rates will put the brakes on spending these profits real quick. Which is possibly why no marquee.  But they have kept a spot for someone!!

bikinigirl

elevated position said:
One of the key financial indicators is the strength of the building industry and from my position it has appeared to be going along nicely for the last 9/10 months which means our property developers will have buildings coming out of the ground therefore sales and possibly profits

. not so sure about that. much of the building work going on is fed by the govt stimulus packages ... there is very little new 'commercial' work starting up. this is the type of work which is still really struggling to get funding - i don't really know but i would have thought this was the type of investment/development market that mr turnball is involved in :-\

. and if projects are still struggling for funding now it will be a long time before a profit can be turned on them

elevated position

There is a lot of commercial work happening, yes some of it is govt, injected but some is not . A good sign is to look at the cranes being erected, some of these sites are the big players, who have been a bit quiet lately.
Anyway if there's no money we wont get a super marquee, and that would be prudent for the longevity of CCM.

tsd

FFC Mariner said:
If Matty gets injured/suspended, we are in all sorts of trouble.

id be more worried if we didnt have a midfield stacked with goal bandits!

typool

the way we are playing if Hutch and Pedj get hurt or suspended we could be in it.. they have been our rock this season

MARSHP1

The squad should be strong enough to cope now with any injuries/suspensions. Looks like we have just signed another short term injury replacement for Huke,Lachlan Cahill(no relation to Tim!).He looks a decent prospect and with Huke to return and Crowell ready to go the midfield stocks are looking good. Not too worried about the forwards either...D-mac and Nik and getting back into form, Kwas can always play there too. A zippy striker to give us some alternatives would be useful though.

Forum Phoenix

typool said:
the way we are playing if Hutch and Pedj get hurt or suspended we could be in it.. they have been our rock this season

As MARSHP1 is saying...
Re Hutch, I think thats why we're looking at picking up Cahill as left sided cover as a genuine wide leftie, good value.
Crowell is a DM... If he's quality can fill for Pedj or Hutch - then Huke comes back too...

Pannni lord of the youth team can now also provide vital cover for weemac imo...

Up front I believe we're short - though yes Kwas and hypothetically speaking Nik can play there.

And then its Right back/left back for me...
If one of Boogs goes out or one of our centre backs goes again...Porter is not very good RB cover... Clarkey is not the answer for an absent Heff...
But perhaps a DM like Crowell would make a more successful transition to the backline than an AM like Porter... Otherwise Pedj, though I LOVE him just where he is... could drop back if Crowell or Huke can do Ped's job as screener...

All in all... has to be close to - if not the best - depth in the league...

bikinigirl

elevated position said:
There is a lot of commercial work happening, yes some of it is govt, injected but some is not . A good sign is to look at the cranes being erected, some of these sites are the big players, who have been a bit quiet lately.
Anyway if there's no money we wont get a super marquee, and that would be prudent for the longevity of CCM.

. don't mean to cause an argument but the cranes that have popped up recently would be for projects which had their funding committed before the proverbial shit hit the fan ... particularly for the big players

. from project inception to turning a decent and sustained profit is many years ... much like an upstart football team i s'pose. any short term profit making would have to come from existing assets rather than new developments

pjennings

FFC Mariner said:
If Matty gets injured/suspended, we are in all sorts of trouble.

New striker is an absolute must for next season

Djite is looking for game time in a World Cup year - still only 22. Could be available on a loan?

Jerem

ay no thanks!!!, he is the next viduka as far as im concerned, holds the ball and
threads it well but he cant score in a brothel , from the games i saw last year
(granted havent been able to watch many turk matches

pjennings

Jerome said:
ay no thanks!!!, he is the next viduka as far as im concerned

If he truly was the next Viduka you would want him. Lets see - at 22 Viduka was at Celtic where he scored 30 goals in 37 matches.

Bear

Jerome said:
ay no thanks!!!, he is the next viduka as far as im concerned, holds the ball and

OMG!!!!!

someone, just like me, who does not rate djite!

how this guy gets a run, anywhere, is beyond me

Jerem

pjennings said:
Jerome said:
ay no thanks!!!, he is the next viduka as far as im concerned

If he truly was the next Viduka you would want him. Lets see - at 22 Viduka was at Celtic where he scored 30 goals in 37 matches.

true, but that was more than a decade ago and djite is also about 22 SHOULD be in his prime but isnt, just like dukes, infact since 2004 i have cringed when i have seen viduka prepare a shot let alone a spot pen. as far as i can remember he missed against URU(pen) BRA CRO JAP (Free Play)

FFC Mariner

Bear said:
Jerome said:

OMG!!!!!

Shit-eh............go on, name a more over rated player???

Sean

FFC Mariner said:
Bear said:
Jerome said:

OMG!!!!!

Shit-eh............go on, name a more over rated player???

Jacob Burns.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred